Anyone Use Cedar For Dry Room

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

my dry room needs insulation, someone recommended cedar wood. he said it absorbs the smell as well, is that true?

SpiderK

SpiderK

Sounds like a great idea. All quality cigar walk-in's are made of cedar in the higher end shops. w/ humidity control.

N

noone88

I'm sure the smell of cedar doesn't transfer into the final product. It's probably more for the humidity.

We need to tour some old school tobacco farms and see how they cure their shit.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Don't think it would matter one way or the other for smell...but man, a cedar lined room for drying herb would be classy. I don't see it impacting the final product much at the temp and humidity level you would want to cure at, but have no real clue, maybe a carpenter will chime in.

pugliese63

pugliese63

Home depot sells 4x8 sheets that are 3/16" thick. They're made for lining closets. Lined my whole area years ago, no cedar smell in final product. Its great against pests and fungus. And looks very professional. Definitely worth it.

vangs

vangs

Home depot sells 4x8 sheets that are 3/16" thick. They're made for lining closets. Lined my whole area years ago, no cedar smell in final product. Its great against pests and fungus. And looks very professional. Definitely worth it.
so the buds at the end don't have a cedar smell to them at all?

E

Erikw

my dry room needs insulation, someone recommended cedar wood. he said it absorbs the smell as well, is that true?
Yes I am building one today the cedar is expensive 2000 for drying room but I did use cedar cigar boxes for a while and it was much different than a jar cure so yes it does effect final taste

Latest posts

Top Bottom