Anyone use CNS17 Coco nutes?

• Thread starter Rootbound
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

billybadazz

Lost if you don't mind gotta question for you. you mentioned that you "prepped " your roots organics. if you don't mind me asking to explain prepped, just wonderind if I missed some trade secret or what. I recently started using roots coco with CNS grow I use Cal mag every 2 weeks half dose and I gotta say I;m pretty pleased with the growth results been vegging 1 month and plant is about 3ft. my feeding regimine is 250ppm well water (got a filter on house but its still high in calcium) 500 ppm CNS grow for a total of 750 ppm feed every THIRD time always with 10-15% runoff in 10 gallon pot. some people say feed every time but plant is vigorous and no tip burn. clearex every 2 weeks. so I guess another question is does this sound right, I'm not a noob just to coco and I'm looking for better tasting medicine was a dirt guy (canoot beat the taste of dirt in my book) went aeroflo (great harvest taste seriously lacked even with 10 day flush) and finally my friend convinced me that coco is the best of both worlds sooooo.........to make a long story longer I like to do the best at anything I put my time and effort into and any sound advice into my endeavor would be greatly appreciated. thanx

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Hey you guys does'nt roots organics have lots of food in the bag????????? If so No flush as you are paying for that stuff.....

K

Konig Germ

Been using CNS-17 Coco-Soil Veg formula for my mother plants in coco for over a year now. Never added any Calmag+ and have never had a deficiency. Only flushed with a light nutrient solution once a month and even then it was a precaution.

No need to add CalMag+ with this formula, no need to add anything for that matter. cheap and simple... a good product.

S

Snakebit

I used it for a few years in hydro and in soiled pots. I used it just a hair stronger than full strength. That was around week 4. Had some left over from last year and put it on my scotch bonnet peppers which has had no ferts and boy did they spark up. I like it.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I have been using the cns17 for two years now, and I love it. I use it in conjunction with liquid karma and motherearth bloom tea, just to help the numbers. I rarely use cal/mag anymore due to the high cal in cns, I was turned off at first by the low numbers and milky color....but trust me its all very good. My recent dep was all coco and cns and the product is better than any indoor I have done in a long time. its also super cheap

Venom818

Venom818

I have been using the cns17 for two years now, and I love it. I use it in conjunction with liquid karma and motherearth bloom tea, just to help the numbers. I rarely use cal/mag anymore due to the high cal in cns, I was turned off at first by the low numbers and milky color....but trust me its all very good. My recent dep was all coco and cns and the product is better than any indoor I have done in a long time. its also super cheap

do you know if the hydro formula would work for coco ?

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

I
Hi, I am looking at different options after my PBP Soil nutes run out. Just curious if anyone has used this line- CNS17 Coco by Botanicare? If so , did you like it ? I have to add Cal/mag to every gallon of R/O water now. I like the PBP line, but I am looking to simplify. CNS17 has extra calcium and mag added in already they claim, and the ratios are designed for coco.Otherwise I think I might go with Canna Coco nutes. I am using Empire Organics coco coir and chunks. From what I understand the Canna coco coir is pre-buffered for canna coco nutes. Hate to have to switch coco coir brands also, as I have a bunch of the Empire Organics coco coir left. Thanks, ROOT
I love the CNS17 and use it in soil and coco. I also use Raw, Liquid Karma, Fulvex, Hydroplex, and Ripe which I found is almost exactly the same as Overdrive and I use it a little earlier than suggested and I also don't go full strength with the grow, bloom or ripe. I do add Canna Cannazym to the mix every once in a while and have had great success. I have thought about using the Canna coco A&B but I have plenty of CNS17 left and don't see any reason to change at the moment. Best, Irie

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

Oh almost forgot about Silica Blast! And with some plants I do use a PK additive. Specifically the Fox Farm granular trio, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and sometimes Cha Ching but sometimes I opt for another round of the Beastie because resin production isn't usually an issue. I take the glass out of one of my reflectors for the last three weeks and rotate the plants around and I think it's helpful for the production of resin and possibly a little boost of thc.
I

I love the CNS17 and use it in soil and coco. I also use Raw, Liquid Karma, Fulvex, Hydroplex, and Ripe which I found is almost exactly the same as Overdrive and I use it a little earlier than suggested and I also don't go full strength with the grow, bloom or ripe. I do add Canna Cannazym to the mix every once in a while and have had great success. I have thought about using the Canna coco A&B but I have plenty of CNS17 left and don't see any reason to change at the moment. Best, Irie

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

do you know if the hydro formula would work for coco ?
Definitely because it's really the same as hydroponic growing in that you are supplying everything it needs to grow in a straight coco medium. I personally don't like trying to use coco like a super soil, I prefer to treat it like you would rockwool in either a flood and drain system or by just hand watering to 20% runoff to prevent salt buildup. I have had pH fluctuations when trying to use it like a super soil and it just seems easier for me at least to use a good clean coco by itself and treat it like hydro. The CNS17 also has plenty of calcium and magnesium so you usually don't need to pre charge it with cal/mag and only add it with a watering if you notice a deficiency. Mixing cal/mag in with your feeding will usually result in a "fallout" of the cal/mag making it unavailable to your plant. That being said I've heard other people adding the cal/mag to their mix of nutes first and supposedly that prevents some fallout occurring but I think you would still be guessing at how much was actually available for your plant at the time of feeding and would just have to wait and see if the deficiency persist or if it worked. Also a cal/mag deficiency can cause phosphorus toxicity in severe cases. Best, Irie.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I

Yeah, that was 7 yrs ago. I am currently using Hydrponi Research veg and bloom HD formula and loving it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom