anyone use h202 with H&G's roots excelurator or drip clean???

• Thread starter aaxxeell
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aaxxeell

hey guys im a bit hazy on whats in drip clean or whether roots excelurator is alive or dead...

if i get any algae/bacteria scum on my roots in my ebb +flow i usually hit my 40gal rez with 50ml of 50% h2o2 and keeps it manageable.
what do you guys think, is it safe to use together?

AX:banana1sv6:

C

Comercial

H202

hey guys im a bit hazy on whats in drip clean or whether roots excelurator is alive or dead...

if i get any algae/bacteria scum on my roots in my ebb +flow i usually hit my 40gal rez with 50ml of 50% h2o2 and keeps it manageable.
what do you guys think, is it safe to use together?

AX:banana1sv6:

I think you should be looking for light leaks into your res / water supply.
Then a res chiller is probably needed. And yes it its safe to use together, but I didn't know they made 50% h202. I thought it went to 29%/30% before you had to have special licenses to sell and buy percentages of that level.

-Comercial

A

aaxxeell

yeah, but no...
i live out in the sticks... no city water supply in my area, so i have to use freshwater from a creek.
its just a bit of an uphill battle untill i move to a better house :mad0233:

its not all bad, the water does have have close to 0ec/ppm and good 6.5ph water which is ok.

intil i move i just need to wage war on algae and bacteria as i have been doing for the last 2 yrs LOL, if anyone has experience with H2O2 and dripclean/roots excell some info would be the f'ing shizzy

thanks guys
AX :banana1sv6:

K11NG

K11NG

I use full line of h&g and instead of h202 I was reccomended to use great white and its works great. H202 not needed!

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Drip clean has a different purpose, to keep chem salts from locking/clogging up, used for coco.

A

aaxxeell

thanx k11ng, yeah ive read good things about that stuff but cant buy great white in any of my local stores tho.

builtaforest i understand what the products do dude, but im just askin if anyone uses h2o2 and dripclean together...
H&G is unclear on what dripclean is made of, so im unsure if peroxide will oxidise it and render it useless??? im hopin its fine and can still give it a blast here and there weeks 3-9 flower when the roots need a spring clean lol

AX :banana1sv6:

A

aaxxeell

I think you should be looking for light leaks into your res / water supply.
Then a res chiller is probably needed. And yes it its safe to use together, but I didn't know they made 50% h202. I thought it went to 29%/30% before you had to have special licenses to sell and buy percentages of that level.

-Comercial

hey i built new custom rez covers today dude, thanks for the input man
i hope it helps a bit

S

steelyeyes

I use full line of h&g and instead of h202 I was reccomended to use great white and its works great. H202 not needed!

Thats what I thought until this current crop hit week four of flower and I got root slime. I was running roots excel and great white along with the rest of H&G's line. I have a chiller and my temps were good.

I dosed them with H2O2 and root pruned the slimey parts and had it under control until some of it sloughed off and plugged the lines on my Ebb & Grow during a flood cycle. They sat there for a bit over a day with flooded roots and started to die.

The treatment was rugged but saved most of the crop to a degree. We pulled the plants and swished the roots and net pots in a strong H2O2 solution, then unplugged and bleached the whole system, and then rinsed it really well and put everything back. Parts of some plants died off and those got pruned away but it wasn't a total loss.

From now on every res. change is going to include H2O2 and then two days later I'll add my roots excel and great white so it can do it's thing.

Top Bottom