Anyone use light movers?

• Thread starter Tuku
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tuku

Tuku

Does anyone use light movers? I fail to see how that can increase yield. It just doesn’t make sense to me..but then I don't get why they're used otherwise.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

They can increase yield in the sense that you can cover more area with the same number of lights. Not so much increasing yield per plant, just more plants. I just tore down my 6K room to move houses and my new room will be all on light movers. I like them for many reasons.

forsaken

forsaken

Why, because energy in = energy out? Ok, that may be true. But what about better consistency? Maybe in the average room you will get hot spots creating areas of photorespiration and dark spots that cause the plants to waste energy on stretching etc. Over all the total mass might be more or less the same, but the mass of flowers produced may be higher from a room that produces constant growth throughout.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I ran light movers in flower rooms for years back in the day. I even ran the light rail 5.0 with three big ass xxl hoods

I had good harvests but once I stopped using them for flower I learned how to get the same yields with less space

But, they are really good for large mother rooms

neverbreak

neverbreak

yer certainly not goin to significantly increase yield with light movers. it’s a tweak. but a tweak here n a tweak there, refine, refine refine..then the numbers might start to stack up.

neverbreak

S

ssteely71

Good Question!
Im thinking of installing one in my flower tent just to give me like a foot more coverage from 3x3 to like 3x5 maybe.
Simpy because im doing more under a single 600w than I should and have plants that get partial light. And Im maxed at what power I can pull.
Best of luck

PS i wish I had something that gently rocked my hood from side to side, that would help my light distribution alot since my hood throws hotspots

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
My caregiver had two of these going for a while, then one day i went over and he had taken them down and changed up the whole grow room.. When asked why he said the motorized ones were just more of a pain in the ass then it was worth.

and tbh i think the quality of his grows are better now then they were with those things going.

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

They dont increase yield I ran them a few years back. For example 2 lights on movers isnt going to gave the same yield as 4 stationary lights . I bought into it thinking shoot ill save from having to buy 2 extra light setups if getting a light mover is going to cover the same area as a 4 lighter.

But like several members on here mentioned already they are great for mother rooms.

I

Inlinemax

I agree with the people using them in veg. I do as well and like having it there. I probably wouldn't use it in flower unless I really needed to save on electricity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom