Anyone use light movers?

• Thread starter Tuku
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
psilobuds

psilobuds

Why, because energy in = energy out? Ok, that may be true. But what about better consistency? Maybe in the average room you will get hot spots creating areas of photorespiration and dark spots that cause the plants to waste energy on stretching etc. Over all the total mass might be more or less the same, but the mass of flowers produced may be higher from a room that produces constant growth throughout.

if you’re getting photorespiration your lights are 2 close mate.

neverbreak

neverbreak

if yer lights are down low, plants in the edge of the light's field suffer because they get glancing light instead of direct light from above.

neverbreak

symbiote420

symbiote420

I run a light mover in my main bloom room .....5 x 8 with the lamp traveling 3' - 3.5' max. My yields are so good I can't see myself growing without it!! I can keep my lamp as close as 8" - 10" from the canopy, the buds under the mover are always bigger/fuller than my buds grew under my stationary lamps! Same strains too!

Zero Theorem

Zero Theorem

Scrogging may improve consistency but I’m reluctant to say it improves yield, even with a light mover. Scrogging plants gives more of a 2 plane for the light to strike. Instead, if you have several little christmas tree shaped bushes next to each other, the surface area is much greater.

jimbooo

jimbooo

Actually scrogging works best if you combine it with tying down the centre plants but leaving the perimeter plants vertical to catch all the side light. I try to capture all the light, preventing as much light from hitting the walls as possible.

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

I think light movers are fun. You can do all sort of rad shit with them. I recently added tracks in between lanes and have 130w CFLs dangling waist height to encourage side growth. The CFLs can get very close to the plant if on movers. The addition nets a few extra ounces per crop, so paid for itself already.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I'm considering light movers and adjustawings for a veg setup. One 1000 watt for every 20' on a light mover. Four plants on a double scrogg

Top Bottom