Anyone use light movers?

• Thread starter Tuku
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LUNK

LUNK

The mover is to stop it burning the plants. He reckons the UV light makes the plants frost up with more trikes.

LordVane

LordVane

That’s crazy. There’s no evidence to support this myth. On the contrary UV light will destroy THC and CBD via a process called photo-oxidation. I suggest you tell your friend to do some homework.

neverbreak

neverbreak

uv light does not promote trichomes. trich production is under genetic control of the plant n is thought to be mediated by transcription factors n suppressors early in the flowerin phase.

neverbreak

symbiote420

symbiote420

Actually the cannabinoids like delta9, etc. needs UV to develop fully ......especially UV-B. Ever wonder why the Dutch/Europeans don't use a/c hoods? You block out the little UV the grow bulb provides the plants. Adding a UVB light to your grow should make for some fully developed trichs aka a more potent smoke! You just can't go overboard though, think it's something like 10 watts of UV light per 100 watts of HID light, wear protective clothing and eyeglasses because it will mess you up bad!!! I ran mine for the last to weeks for six hours in the middle of the grow and turned em off when I entered.

Zero Theorem

Zero Theorem

One of the problems associated with light movers and any sort of other techy gear for “tweaking”, is the way your room will be perceived by Uncle Sam if you get busted. The more “sophisticated” a room is, the more they have against you for being a professional. It really pisses me off every time I read the words “cannabis laboratory” when really it’s just some poor fuckers custom made grow room. Just a thought.

GoldiNugs

GoldiNugs

Actually the cannabinoids like delta9, etc. needs UV to develop fully ......especially UV-B. Ever wonder why the Dutch/Europeans don't use a/c hoods? You block out the little UV the grow bulb provides the plants. Adding a UVB light to your grow should make for some fully developed trichs aka a more potent smoke! You just can't go overboard though, think it's something like 10 watts of UV light per 100 watts of HID light, wear protective clothing and eyeglasses because it will mess you up bad!!! I ran mine for the last to weeks for six hours in the middle of the grow and turned em off when I entered.

Do you have a source for that? Everything I read says otherwise.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Do you have a source for that? Everything I read says otherwise.

I 1st read about it in a Skunk mag back in '07/'08 .....tried it several times personally back then and peeps still rave about the buds from those grows to this day!! I found a nice amount of research online that backed it up too but computer savvy I am not. Why do you think there is a big deal about the glass shields on a/c hoods blocking the little UV rays that the grow bulb gives off if it's not important to the plant? UVB won't make the plant more resinous but it does help the resin glands to ripen and develop fully.

L

larebowm

Only light moving I've done is more of a rocking motion from oscillating fan.
2" either way does it help don't know I like to think it removes shadows better.
May not do a damn thing?

below frigid

below frigid

I was using a linear light mover in 1989 but the police took it away and told me not to use it, the lights or the hydroponic system anymore. LOL. They made me go to Monterey County Jail so I could think it over!

S

ssteely71

Running some comparison tests between trich maturity and lighting and feeding.
I seem to notice denser buds but slower trich maturity under HPS. Less dense but faster trich maturity under MHS and results under T5s seem mixed. But I'm still early in testing. My thoughts and tests are geared towards finding what makes my trichs amber the fastest with the strains I'm working with. I've ran my hoods with and without the glass but no noticeable difference to me as of yet besides more heat to flower area and had to raise lights = less lumens. I like @larebowm idea of using an oscillating fan to rock the hood.
Nice thread.

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

One of the problems associated with light movers and any sort of other techy gear for “tweaking”, is the way your room will be perceived by Uncle Sam if you get busted. The more “sophisticated” a room is, the more they have against you for being a professional. It really pisses me off every time I read the words “cannabis laboratory” when really it’s just some poor fuckers custom made grow room. Just a thought.

That’s actually a very good point and I’ve thought about it often. Unfortunately I forget about this and get very caught up in the tech gear and science because it’s so much fun. It’s a passion. At the end of the day I may yield an extra 10 or 20% per watt but my system might be 3 times more complex than the average system. It’s certainly something to think about.

Plasma

Plasma

That’s pretty fucked. So the authorities would potentially use the use of light movers against you in a court of law? Then lucky what I grow is legal. I feel sorry for those guys in the UK.

iCultivate

iCultivate

Yes everything that is a gadget, a device or a wire..is an ‘article’. They put it them in separate bags and present it to the courts in a way that is to manipulate the judge into thinking you are a drug lord. I have seen it happen to many close friends and its heart breaking. One of the reasons I only grow outdoors. Indoors is cool and interests me, but not worth the risk.

-- iCultivate --

iCultivate

iCultivate

It doesn’t have to be. It’s what they are used for that matters to the court. Anything that can make your room look more like some sophisticated drug lab where you are synthesising cannabis (yes totally fuckin’ ridiculous) means a heftier sentence and looks better for the police.

I don't know, maybe it's different in America and Europe, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as here.

-- iCultivate --

forsaken

forsaken

It doesn’t just look better for the cops. The cops rely on convictions for the betterment of their careers. They aren’t necessarily bad folk, they are just trying to get a head in life like any other joe, but unfortunately the way the system works, is they are incentivized to fuck you over as much as possible, and from the moment you are arrested they are not there to help you. So yes, the system is broken.

Top Bottom