Anyone use light movers?

• Thread starter Tuku
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MissingLink

MissingLink

I know this would differ from state to state, but I’ve heard throwing a few tomato or basil plants in your room can help counter what you guys are talking about. It gives your lawyer more leverage to argue the room was used for food and medicinal cultivation - should you ever need it.

Thoth

Thoth

So I came across a journal article online that investigated light movers and effects on yield. The results were light movers did not increase yield but increased photosynthetic activity.

K

kuz

So many different ways to grow. I used to go the one light per plant way. Then I went two plants per light. Then one light, four plants in a 5x5 tent. I see a few guys running 12 or even 15 plants in a 8x8 room with just two lights and pulling close to 3 lbs pretty consistently. That is kind of the direction I am going, and only two lights in an 8x8 room, the movers make sense to me.

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

I have used those and they are very good. The newer ones are a bit smaller and less clunky but all work in the same principle with a rubber drive wheel under pressure and runs on a groove in the track. The pressure comes from the weight of the light and reflector, so pretty nifty design.

purpleberry

purpleberry

I had a room with 4 lights down each side and 4' down the middle. Wasn't enough amps to add lights. So I set one of those ebay light mover that moved all 8 at once. Very nice setup. %50 more plants %50 more canopy Yields didn't go up %50, but they did go up maybe %25 -30 Was better in the long run to add 4 more lights, but if you have more space than you can fill because lack of amps, and your using multiple lights, Id say its worth it. If you have X amount of space and enough amps to fill it with lights, just do that.

Plasma

Plasma

That's pretty cool..

Going back to what was being talked about earlier, that light movers could be used by authorities against you, I see another possible issue with them then -- they can hum. And its the kind of low frequency harmonic that travels right through walls and floor boards. Bad news on two fronts then. :mask:

sixstring

sixstring

I’m not sure what kind of light mover was being used, but I’ve seen entire air-cooled tube setups hanging off a single mover.

What kind of set up is that? How do you move the tubes around with the ducting attached?

Flexible ducting with a larger diameter at either end to account for the compression.

That's pretty cool..

Going back to what was being talked about earlier, that light movers could be used by authorities against you, I see another possible issue with them then -- they can hum. And its the kind of low frequency harmonic that travels right through walls and floor boards. Bad news on two fronts then. :mask:

you need to position the ducting at both ends of the rail is all.i use the lightrail 3.5 the most but all their products are super quiet and very durable.the first one i ever installed is still moving 4 x 600w for over 5 years now.looks like it might be time for a new rubber drive tire but im letting it go to see how long they last lol.i got a bunch of pics somewheres but this was the only one i could find this morning.they take very little power,like 10 watts and makevery little or no noise ime. peace.

Ziptied

Latest posts

Top Bottom