Anyone Use This Trim Machine?

• Thread starter Slowitdown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Whats going on everyone! I recently used the Centrion Pro trim machine with OK results. Was not very impressed but it def. did speed up the process. Was wondering if anyone has used the Satellite trimmer -

If so what were the results? Is it worth the buy?

GanjaGod

GanjaGod

I've never owned one but I've seen it in action. You can do a lb pretty fast if you have one person shucking the buds off while the other controls speed and the chute. It's not very gentle on the buds and I would say it probably works better on denser buds and higher quality starting material because no matter what a lot of the trich heads are going to get damaged or removed.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Same here, I've seen it in action. I prefer the TrimPal and will be working towards buying one of my own ASAP. I think I put up a video that helped someone else decide to go for another trimmer. :eek: ;)

Trimpal is a dry trimming machine right? Have you used it or know anyone who has and if so how were the results? I see it is a lot cheaper then other machines but can't find much info on it

GanjaGod

GanjaGod

Same here, I've seen it in action. I prefer the TrimPal and will be working towards buying one of my own ASAP. I think I put up a video that helped someone else decide to go for another trimmer. :eek: ;)

YES! Trimpal for the win!! Although, you need somewhat denser buds on that as well.. The best part of the Trimpal is that you can snap off most of the fan/sugar leaves and then just hang the buds on their stems. Since you're not trimming "wet" you do much less damage to the buds, thereby having less chlorophyll trapped -which leaves you with higher quality, better tasting buds. Then you shuck and throw your dry buds into the hopper and you get 80% trimmed bud. You WILL have to go in and manicure it after running it through but you have saved immense amounts of time so you're happy to do it! :)

Trimpal > Mean Green Trimming Machine

-GG

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Trimpal is a dry trimming machine right? Have you used it or know anyone who has and if so how were the results? I see it is a lot cheaper then other machines but can't find much info on it
I'm using a borrowed TP right now, thanks to the generosity of a fellow farmer. I made a video, can't say it's very good, but it gives an idea of how the smaller model works. I put it in the "I need a new high volume trimming machine" thread, but I can repost it here.

My speech changes because I have a joint pressed between my lips. It's how I roll. :o

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

@Seamaiden That is the only version of the TP I saw but you said it is the smaller one?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, there's one that's on a stand so you don't have to put it up on cinder blocks or anything like that. It is the larger model, I'm using the smaller model.

HiPlainDrftr

HiPlainDrftr

I thought the Satellite was pretty terrible. The ipod/speaker hook up didn't mask the fact that any bud that went into the machine came out smelling like lawn clippings.
Twister T2 seems to work well with wet buds, at least it doesn't smell like a freshly mowed lawn after using it.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Great video! Glad the trim pal is working out for you. I might have to change my techniques based on your RH, and trim time. I had good results with 55%-60% RH and a 5-15 min trim depending on strain. However the rolled look you speak of is how my cherry pie turned out. Super dense nugs that I spun too long. They not only look like they have been in a machine, but the resin started to cake on the buds. It looked like hash was smeared on the rolled buds. Not pretty at all.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My Cherry Picker (a Cherry Pie cross) kinda did the same thing, but I haven't had the "hash smeared on buds" thing happen. It does take a good bit longer in the trimmer at a higher RH, but I do also like the results better. :)
Nice video. Trimming is the #1 part of the job I dead doing.
It IS the part of the job I dread doing. It's the only part of the job that causes me unending pain during execution.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Somebody needs to open a trimming business. Call them up and they show up with 10 people, 4 machines and process your harvest in 1 day. That would be too sweet!

miko

miko

I am actually doing a blind test of hand trimmed against the machine to see if its worth using a machine... Hate the idea of reducing any quality of the buds, so been very skeptical to use one.
The machines are badass for speed and look.. but worried they take a 5 star bud down to 3...
And I agree, trimming is hard work. Did 2 lbs the last few weeks solo.... Sucks.

miko

miko

Blind test products are just about ready for testers.
I had a nice plant with 2 tops, 1 top I hand hung/trimmed, the other I machined..
The machined part is ready for test, the hand is still too wet..
Few more days will try to post some pictures.

F

FooDoo

In the last 9 months or so I've trimmed prob 20 lbs by hand solo. 9 of those were done in just the last two months.

Im finally getting to the point where I'm sick of it and am looking into dry trimmers. I'm really starting to think that I care more about what the trimmed product looks like than my patients. Patients tend to like sugar leaves left on their meds for some odd reason.

miko

miko

In the last 9 months or so I've trimmed prob 20 lbs by hand solo. 9 of those were done in just the last two months.

Im finally getting to the point where I'm sick of it and am looking into dry trimmers. I'm really starting to think that I care more about what the trimmed product looks like than my patients. Patients tend to like sugar leaves left on their meds for some odd reason.
Prob because of all the crystals on those leaves!! :) I would keep mine on too! In fact, when I burn one, everything is so strong, I only roll up the trim I save anyways.. lol.

50YardLine

50YardLine

If your only doing 20 lbs a year, hand trim isn't too big of a job. However when you reach 100 or 1000 lbs a year, then trimmers are the only option really.

below frigid

below frigid

I am actually doing a blind test of hand trimmed against the machine to see if its worth using a machine... Hate the idea of reducing any quality of the buds, so been very skeptical to use one.
The machines are badass for speed and look.. but worried they take a 5 star bud down to 3...
And I agree, trimming is hard work. Did 2 lbs the last few weeks solo.... Sucks.

Miko, which machine are you using?

Top Bottom