Anyone used in a greenhouse?

• Thread starter Nine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nine

Nine

I’m particularly interested in your experience with hardening off indoor clones from under t5 in aeroponic cloner, to transplanting into RDWC under sunlight. Any advice or previous experience would be appreciated.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Move them out but keep in the shade and day by day get them use to the sunlight , dappled light is a little clones best friend . Good luck keep us posted .

Kron3007

Kron3007

I have been starting by moving them into the greenhouse just for the morning and evening, moving them back inside during the peak heat/intensity for the first could days. I start in shadier locations and slowly give them sunnier homes.

Whatever you do, just go slow.

Nine

Nine

Thanks much! Unfortunately not an option to move in and out. My greenhouse has black out curtains, but even if I black out a portion, based on the movement of the sun there will be times the plants are under direct light. I’m thinking of integrating shade cloth into my SCROG framework directly above the young plants. My area is intense sun and very high UV. What are your thoughts on full shade cloth coverage for a few days followed by removal of the cloth for a few hours a day steadily increasing the amount of time the cloth is removed. Labour intensive but possibly best option? Really appreciate your feedback

Kron3007

Kron3007

Better to use a shade screen of some sort. If you use several layers of something that lets most of the light through you can simply remove one layer per day. To slowly expose them.

Nine

Nine

Great idea, appreciate the feedback. Any idea on PAR/umol for sunlight? I’m sure it depends on region (possibly) but it’s my first transition from indoor so not sure what to expect.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Great idea, appreciate the feedback. Any idea on PAR/umol for sunlight? I’m sure it depends on region (possibly) but it’s my first transition from indoor so not sure what to expect.
You need a white or cream coloured shade cloth best for plants that have white flowers , green reflects 75% of uv off itself , Black will be to hot , hope that helps . Od .

Kron3007

Kron3007

A clear sunny day outside is around 2500 ppfd. The amount in your greenhouse will depend on the greenhouse.

Nine

Nine

Doing a bit more research, appears full sun is 108,000 lux or 2000 umol. Indoor I’m shooting for 750-900 umol. Am I missing something, or does this simply mean I’ll have a ton of light? Forgive the ignorance, first foray into greenhouse stuff.

Kron3007

Kron3007

Yes, you may be up with a lot of light at times, but it is not even. The 2500 number I mentioned is the peak on a clear and sunny day, but it varies through the day, is much lower if it is cloudy, etc. For greenhouse production, people often use the daily light integral (DLI) which is simply the total amount of light the plant receives per day. If the DLI is too low, you would use supplemental lighting to make up the difference, but I doubt you will need that during the summer.

Top Bottom