Anyone used R-11 for oil extraction?

• Thread starter billybadazz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

billybadazz

Like the title says anyone use it? I have access to it. It is discontinued and it is no longer produced. I did the impurity test on a glass plate and it evaporated clean. It is a refridgerant solvent much like propane, butane, etc. appreciate any info anyone has......

feslope

feslope

Like the title says anyone use it? I have access to it. It is discontinued and it is no longer produced. I did the impurity test on a glass plate and it evaporated clean. It is a refridgerant solvent much like propane, butane, etc. appreciate any info anyone has......
It will be much higher pressure at room temp and get much colder as you spray it. If you do try it be very careful.

smokum

smokum

I've never used it myself........ but wanted to ask...... in your glass test, did you scrape the area to see if there is truly no residue ? as opposed to what you think is just not there ?

Not hating, just don't know the product and myself was fooled with different butane visual testing until I actually scraped the glass service with a blade and found in fact that I DID have residue I didn't see with the naked eye on the glass.

Be safe !

E

EuDiesel

Hmm well from the MSDS we get:

R-11 is:
INGREDIENT NAME CAS NUMBER WEIGHT %
Trichlorofluoromethane 75-69-4 100

I wouldn't recommend it but it should theoretically work as a solvent. They discontinued its use due to ozone-depleting properties of it.

homebrew420

homebrew420

A site called edenlabs.org is mderately informative and states that the use of refrigerants is highly effective and clean. Lots of info out there in the ether, but no I have no info of use other than that site. I am looking for info about using CO2 for super critical. Having the same info issue from canna users.

Good luck

Cort

Cort

Id rather use a pure Dihydrogen monoxide or even some Hydric acid

I dont see how you guys use some of this stuff without a lab to clean it all up. Everything leaves some residue.

squiggly

squiggly

Do the right thing and take that shit to be properly disposed of--if you have access to it, report where that access is coming from.

CFCs are INCREDIBLY DAMAGING to the ozone.

They are very light molecules and so they drift upwards very easily. They can make residence in the outer atmosphere for hundreds of years. They act as a CATALYST to deplete the ozone layer--not a reactant. That is to say, they are not "used up" by the depleting reaction. Each time they complete a reaction, they move on to another ozone molecule and destroy it as well--this reaction happens millions of times a minute with 1 molecule of CFC.

Do not use this stuff, do not take it out of the tank.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

DIHYRDROGEN MONOXIDE WAX ANYONE??
OR HOW BOUT HYDRIC ACID OIL....LOL

sorry im sure theyre perfectly safe, just never heard of em..lol
yes everything may leave some residue, but many a people have tested for threshold ppm etc and most r pretty safe if done right...

besides even if there was some gas left, by the time smoke gets to ur lungs its out i believe..ur ligthing behind it..essentially..i guess depending on how u use it....

anyways..i aint trippin..no tests yet that prove any residual is bad...

squiggly

squiggly

Id rather use a pure Dihydrogen monoxide or even some Hydric acid

I dont see how you guys use some of this stuff without a lab to clean it all up. Everything leaves some residue.

Dihydrogen monoxide = H2O = water=Hydric Acid

As for a lab to clean up with. Most people who are doing these extractions properly are using vacuum chambers to purge with--this is how it would be done in a lab (basically). In fact, many people have setups superior in terms of vacuum pulled, and ability to add heat than the standard laboratory gear (a rotovap).

However, rotovaps are incredibly convenient for a number of other things than pumping off solvents--which is why they're still worth so much more.

Source: I work in a lab which performs extractions routinely.

Graywolf

Graywolf

The pyrolic byproducts of R-11 may easily be Hydrogen Fluoride gas, which makes Hydrofluoric acid, which will even dissolve glass.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i might b barking up the wrong tree....but co2 said,,r134a is a good alternetive o_O...does that shit not have some kind of sealer/conditioner in it???o_O....i feel like he is gonna tell us that black iodine is good for extractioins of cannabis also o_O

M

montroller

I have seen studies of people using hfc-134a for use in essential oil extractions. However, it is not safe in any amounts to be vaporized or smoked because it can degrade into dangerous compounds.
jump said:
R134a decomposed by the flame to form of toxic and irritating compounds such as hydrogen fluoride.
so butane/ethanol/hexane still look to be the best solvents.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I have seen studies of people using hfc-134a for use in essential oil extractions. However, it is not safe in any amounts to be vaporized or smoked because it can degrade into dangerous compounds.

so butane/ethanol/hexane still look to be the best solvents.

I would include Pentane as well.

M

montroller

I am wondering do you use pentane to assist in purging or as an initial solvent. If the latter do you only use that for edibles/topicals? Basically what I am wondering is how does the product taste?

Top Bottom