Anyone used UV-C Sterilisation for hydro

• Thread starter MrGreenfinga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Really need something to wipe pathogens feom
My rez and apparently no one sells anything in Europe ao i wanted to look into UV-C and got a few questions
Does i damage roots?
How well does it work?
Do i put a lamp straight into my rez?

Z

Zill

Those in line UV-C water sanitizers run several hundred dollars and up to $100/month to operate.

They work but won’t touch a spore. Make sure you get a bulb energetic enough given your flow rate.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Those in line UV-C water sanitizers run several hundred dollars and up to $100/month to operate.

They work but won’t touch a spore. Make sure you get a bulb energetic enough given your flow rate.
Thanks alot for all of your replies man
Appreciate it man
Came down to the conclusion that i might just want to invest in some Hydrogen peroxide (Liquid oxygen)
I read that it eliminates everything and its pretty cheap too costs me 10-15 bucks every third month or so
What do you think about that

Z

Zill

Mr. Green,
Depending on your set up, if you circulate you can take a side stream and direct that to the UV cell. Other wise you may need to create your own circulation loop with a pump and UV bulb. To be effective you need a powerful, well designed flow cell used with a proper flow rate, residence time.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Mr. Green,
Depending on your set up, if you circulate you can take a side stream and direct that to the UV cell. Other wise you may need to create your own circulation loop with a pump and UV bulb. To be effective you need a powerful, well designed flow cell used with a proper flow rate, residence time.
Hydrogen peroxide?

Z

Zill

H2O2. The problem I see is that if you raise the peroxide level high enough to knock down actively growing fungi or microbes it will probably hurt the roots. Peroxide won’t touch a spore.

M

monkey47

Really need something to wipe pathogens feom
My rez and apparently no one sells anything in Europe ao i wanted to look into UV-C and got a few questions
Does i damage roots?
How well does it work?
Do i put a lamp straight into my rez?
If everything has gone wrong then just clean everything with bleach. If you keep getting bad fungicide and bacteria growth your probably having problems with your temp. Why not ad enzymes and +pathogens like hydroguard. I'm running my 3th cycle without cleaning anything. I do pump Massive amounts of oxygen in my reservoirs. That's what you want to do with the peroxide , it alsobads more oxygen to the water.

Top Bottom