Anyone using Cutting Edge Solutions Plant Amp?

• Thread starter HG23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HG23

HG23

Just wondering what peoples' experiences have been like using plant amp. It's a calcium supplement in the form of a weakly bonded organic acid. It drops the ph of the nutrient solution from the 6.5 range to like 4.0, but apparently thats normal. My rough understanding is that the ph reading is somewhat "false" because the organic acid in the plant amp is weakly bonded unlike the strongly bonded corrosive acids in ph down products. According to the website, its all good to water staight away with the low ph once mixed. I usually use the CES 3 part as my base and add Botanicare's Cal-Mag, but am thinking of trying the plant amp and mag amp products.

F

FromGROtoFLO

Thats interesting, im moving the switch to the CES line right now and was going to scrap my calmags for their additives. Have you tried water after this low ph read yet?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you just reminded me why I never used it - forgot all about that - got a sample and it dropped my mix like crazy and Im way too anal to water and hope the ph corrects itself

If i hadnt needed to water right then I prolly would have let it sit to see if it stabilizes overnight

F

FromGROtoFLO

** NOTE ** Plant Amp™ contains Organic Acids which cause a temporary low pH reading. Do not adjust pH up. The pH will rise naturally as the plant uptakes the chelated calcium in one or two days.

Copy and pasted straight from the cutting edge site

genepool

genepool

yea I used it in my last grow and had no problems as far as I could see,
I'd honestly enjoy using it and recommend it.

K

kingjigsaw420

yeah man, i caned the plant amp and went to boti cal/mag. while useing plant amp and mag amp i had nothing but grief. they say wait a few days....well in thoose few days my crops def showed their dislike for the ultra low ph. so i cutt it out and replaced it with the cal/mag and ajusted ph as normal and my plants took right back in to vigorous growth. right now im in week two of flower and am scraching my head over the uncle johns form, have u used that? and how bout the sugaree? for info i'm running royal gold coco (tuper mix) hand feeding in 15 gal nurs pots, with hydro logic water filtration system. good luck

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Plant Amp is some really good stuff as is the rest of the CES line. The low PH caused by the organics will NOT harm your plants in any way shape or form. Have used the CES line many times over and they really are VERY good nutrients.

The Sugaree and Uncle Johns Blend product is two of our favorite additives!!

Cheers!

T

toad76

I just don't understand how to use this product. I grow in soil...I mix my nutes. After mixing, I adjust the ph to around 6.0-6.1...I water. So far I've been using GO Cal Mag instead of plant/mag amp. If I were going to use plant amp....would I mix all of my nutes except plant amp...get it to the correct ph then add the plant amp and then it would rise over a few days...would it even work in soil...I wish their website would go into better detail.

YaaMon

YaaMon

I just adjust the pH after adding the Plant Amp, stuff works great, I just ran out and my plants are just starting to tell me they're hungry for it

T

toad76

But it says to NOT adjust the low ph caused by the plant amp...it's a false low reading because of the organic acids and will naturally rise on it's own. So do you ever see the ph of your medium get too high? I've tried to make myself use the plant amp (have a free bottle)...but it just felt wrong to water my plants with a nute mix that was so low. So I've used it when I've been out of my normal cal/mag and broke....and I've used it to foliar feed.

I didn't specify by i'm using the Tuper mix by royal gold.

potter007

potter007

anybody out there still using the CES and is the Plant Amp a must or have you had better exp with another cal/mag supplement.

I use to use a mix of PBP and its supps. with some of the GO Line as a base.
Then i switched to chems using Dyna Grow because i never really got happy plants with 3 parts or with Heads(remodified Lucas).. not saying these brilliant methods arent proven over several forums on the web.

But i am in tap water, and for me the plants just dont do well with chems.. I havent had my ppm meter etc since moving to Cali. So forgive me for NEWB ???s. I am also in coco. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Top Bottom