Anyone using Turbo Klone?

• Thread starter strainman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mtownshend

mtownshend

Put a fresh air vent directed at the res., the temp dropped below the 68F I had thermostat set to stop at. Seems a good way to maintain the res. temp and avoid a lot of these pathogens, in the summer I can just add a "Y" to the AC and attach vent,

Chloramine, seems to be the choice of most clone machine user's I've read posts from here and elsewhere, I'll continue with that. It's sure cheap when you make your own.

Will continue to clean it out with the H2O2 tho, I think it does a better job considering the devastation it causes when it hits anything organic. May be better for the pump as well.

Unless someone has any other considerations regarding the use of H2O2 that might want me to stop using altogether.

I am sure the golden rule applies, don't mix it with anything else, especially other cleaning products, can be deadly or at the least, noxious fumes.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Put a fresh air vent directed at the res., the temp dropped below the 68F I had thermostat set to stop at. Seems a good way to maintain the res. temp and avoid a lot of these pathogens, in the summer I can just add a "Y" to the AC and attach vent,

Chloramine, seems to be the choice of most clone machine user's I've read posts from here and elsewhere, I'll continue with that. It's sure cheap when you make your own.

Will continue to clean it out with the H2O2 tho, I think it does a better job considering the devastation it causes when it hits anything organic. May be better for the pump as well.

Unless someone has any other considerations regarding the use of H2O2 that might want me to stop using altogether.

I am sure the golden rule applies, don't mix it with anything else, especially other cleaning products, can be deadly or at the least, noxious fumes.
You can add a bit of distilled vinegar to your h2o2 and it turns into peracetic acid, not recommended for res or cloner cleaning but great for room cleaning when applied with separate sprayers.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I use bleach to clean my tk and I add I drop per gallon to my tk water wen rooting to slow down slime build up.works no probs

S

scrappy420

Dudes its the temp of the water and nothing else but that. Clean your cloner thoroughly and keep the temp of water below 68. I had same problem and it was water temp. I went to root riot trays way easier.

hiboy

hiboy

Love my power cloners
Not even thoroughly cleaned ......got lazy
Seeing roots 10 days
Just cut the babies with scissors ......not even scrubbed clean
It's more about having the perfect environment
Air temp
Humidity
Low lighting
Zero nutes just ph around 6
Hb

P

PuFFFaTTy

Pathogens are building in your reservoir. I'll bet you're having PH drops around day 7-8 too huh? Are you disassembling the pump completely and cleaning everything out with 1 tsp chlorine per gallon of water between runs? Even that might not be enough though. Wasn't for me.

The company ez clone makes a product called clear rez that works great. It's expensive as fuck though and you can make it at home for pennies on the dollar. Get a 1lb bag of 65% chlorine pool shock from your local pool supply company (here is what I buy personally http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DEOPFU/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details). Mix the pool shock at a rate of 1 gram to 1 gal RO or tap water. This will make your concentration. Use 1 oz/15ml of your concentrate per 5 gallons of plain water in your reservoir. If you do this, I'll bet it dramatically increases your cloning success. Be sure you buy the pool shock that is 100% calcium hypochlorite (65% available chlorine) granular and not the non chlorine pool shock stuff. Good luck!

I’m having similar problems with stem rot, roots taking a long time too form depending on strain of weed, and poor success rates depending on strain.

I have not been cleaning my turbo kloner well between uses. I’ve been rinsing it, and allowing to dry between uses.

I’m interested to try your method using chlorine.

I’m just trying to make sure i understand what you are instructing before i kill another crop of cuttings.

So from what i gather:

• clean resevoir well between uses using chlorine/water solution
• mix solution as directed
• add solution to water as directed
• add nutes?
• ph

Reservoir ready to use at that point yes?

I’ve read elsewhere:

A product on the market made by EZ-Clone called "Clear-Res". Clear-RES is used by adding 5ml (of clear-res) per gallon of water and re-added every 3 days in the same amount. This product is relatively new, but if you search around you will find that the people who use it have pure success. checked out the ingredients of Clear-Res and discovered that it was simply Chlorine water in a bottle. 16oz of chlorine water for $20.

Are you suggesting reapplication during the rooting process?

G gnome

G gnome

I’m having similar problems with stem rot, roots taking a long time too form depending on strain of weed, and poor success rates depending on strain.

I have not been cleaning my turbo kloner well between uses. I’ve been rinsing it, and allowing to dry between uses.

I’m interested to try your method using chlorine.

I’m just trying to make sure i understand what you are instructing before i kill another crop of cuttings.

So from what i gather:

• clean resevoir well between uses using chlorine/water solution
• mix solution as directed
• add solution to water as directed
• add nutes?
• ph

Reservoir ready to use at that point yes?

I’ve read elsewhere:

A product on the market made by EZ-Clone called "Clear-Res". Clear-RES is used by adding 5ml (of clear-res) per gallon of water and re-added every 3 days in the same amount. This product is relatively new, but if you search around you will find that the people who use it have pure success. checked out the ingredients of Clear-Res and discovered that it was simply Chlorine water in a bottle. 16oz of chlorine water for $20.

Are you suggesting reapplication during the rooting process?
Ur problem is rez temp . Its that simple. Water shud be 68f

mtownshend

mtownshend

The tubocloners I’ve used.(both were the version they were selling just b4 the “improved” versions; both the small and medium sized). I upgraded to the 55 because I just could not keep the water below 75 degrees as that is the temp I understand that slime will start, which it did during the summer. The medium sized clones wouldn’t stay below 75 during the summer either. The main cause is the heat from the pump. I’ve done everything from putting ice in the res 4x a day, putting a 4” duct against the side, using a cycle timer. None of these were a solution. The ice is impossible to maintain at 4x a day, the duct worked, but I had to make it so cold it slowed rooting and veg of everything in the tent at ~65 degrees and the cycle timer had to be off too long to keep temps below 75. A combination of these seemed to work ok, but despite using chloramine, slime was still forming, yielding low success rates for the 2 years I fiddled with it.

Considering the cost of the unit and all the chemicals/hormones and other gear I used made even a 100 percent success rate would still make me question whether the cost was worth it. This summer I retired mine, went back to the new peat cubes (seems to be a new medium to replace the Rockwool) in a 72 hole tray with dome til roots start. Haven’t had a success rate below 90% using the old method with a minimum cost and maintenance time.

I would think that the new models have to be better at cooling the water, but until I start seeing any manufacturer put the pump outside the resivoir, I’m done with this method, I don’t have the environmental condition suitable for cloning in the summer, despite full control over temps, fan, co2, etc....

I think that there should be a distinction made between the clones that use an external air pump vs an internal water pump. I may try an aeroponic cloner someday, til then, I can’t justify the cost in dollars and time, not to mention the success rate, the turbo cloner. It works great in the winter, must be the temps and humidity. It’s also much easier to keep clones for quite a while eventually giving them Canna Start. The cubes and tray are just too easy, more compact and much more stable.

I know that there are. Any people who have great success with their turbocloner, I just can’t seem to get it to work for me during the summer, which makes the cost totally unjustifiablefor me.

Also, I seem to get much better roots with the cubes/tray. The turbo clone roots would get to be 6-8”+ but seemed to die off to the length/density of those produced with the old method. It’s very nice to be able to introduce the clones to my Nector for the Gods regimeearlier as the roots consume the water or it’s poured off in 24hrs, never felt right using chloramine when I have been doing TLO for decades, something that counters the whole process, tho only for rooting, I just was never comfortable with that. Being able to let them alone for 4-6 Days at a time with 5 mins needed to water, not to mention that it’s a fraction of the cost ($ and time) and almost double the success rate for me. Much more forgiving Than the turbo cloner for me.

I did learn a lot about the cloning mechanism in the plant that I have been able to adopt in the current method surely responsible for the success rate. All that knowledge was obtained from thcfarmer. There is a lot of info on here regarding several methods that all work and are based on what I have come to learn are all very resourceful and are based on the biology of the plant as we know it to be today. So, even if you aren’t using a clone machine, the threads here are all helpful for cloning in general and will yield a lot of info that should unlock additional knowledge into the whole rooting process despite the gear.

C

carmendave

The tubocloners I’ve used.(both were the version they were selling just b4 the “improved” versions; both the small and medium sized). I upgraded to the 55 because I just could not keep the water below 75 degrees as that is the temp I understand that slime will start, which it did during the summer. The medium sized clones wouldn’t stay below 75 during the summer either. The main cause is the heat from the pump. I’ve done everything from putting ice in the res 4x a day, putting a 4” duct against the side, using a cycle timer. None of these were a solution. The ice is impossible to maintain at 4x a day, the duct worked, but I had to make it so cold it slowed rooting and veg of everything in the tent at ~65 degrees and the cycle timer had to be off too long to keep temps below 75. A combination of these seemed to work ok, but despite using chloramine, slime was still forming, yielding low success rates for the 2 years I fiddled with it.

Considering the cost of the unit and all the chemicals/hormones and other gear I used made even a 100 percent success rate would still make me question whether the cost was worth it. This summer I retired mine, went back to the new peat cubes (seems to be a new medium to replace the Rockwool) in a 72 hole tray with dome til roots start. Haven’t had a success rate below 90% using the old method with a minimum cost and maintenance time.

I would think that the new models have to be better at cooling the water, but until I start seeing any manufacturer put the pump outside the resivoir, I’m done with this method, I don’t have the environmental condition suitable for cloning in the summer, despite full control over temps, fan, co2, etc....

I think that there should be a distinction made between the clones that use an external air pump vs an internal water pump. I may try an aeroponic cloner someday, til then, I can’t justify the cost in dollars and time, not to mention the success rate, the turbo cloner. It works great in the winter, must be the temps and humidity. It’s also much easier to keep clones for quite a while eventually giving them Canna Start. The cubes and tray are just too easy, more compact and much more stable.

I know that there are. Any people who have great success with their turbocloner, I just can’t seem to get it to work for me during the summer, which makes the cost totally unjustifiablefor me.

Also, I seem to get much better roots with the cubes/tray. The turbo clone roots would get to be 6-8”+ but seemed to die off to the length/density of those produced with the old method. It’s very nice to be able to introduce the clones to my Nector for the Gods regimeearlier as the roots consume the water or it’s poured off in 24hrs, never felt right using chloramine when I have been doing TLO for decades, something that counters the whole process, tho only for rooting, I just was never comfortable with that. Being able to let them alone for 4-6 Days at a time with 5 mins needed to water, not to mention that it’s a fraction of the cost ($ and time) and almost double the success rate for me. Much more forgiving Than the turbo cloner for me.

I did learn a lot about the cloning mechanism in the plant that I have been able to adopt in the current method surely responsible for the success rate. All that knowledge was obtained from thcfarmer. There is a lot of info on here regarding several methods that all work and are based on what I have come to learn are all very resourceful and are based on the biology of the plant as we know it to be today. So, even if you aren’t using a clone machine, the threads here are all helpful for cloning in general and will yield a lot of info that should unlock additional knowledge into the whole rooting process despite the gear.

Top Bottom