Anyone using UVB in their tents ?

• Thread starter morugawelder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
morugawelder

morugawelder

I got a 4 x 4 , wanting to add some UVB , I was directed to Arcadia for bulbs ,
need some good advice on , watts , % , length of fixture , how many 1 or 2 ,

Someone told me he uses 2 , 39 watt 6% and another uses 39 watt 12 % .

any suggestions / Advice , would be greatly appreciated

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No, I haven’t. I’ve been using them ever since I switched to LED. I haven’t conducted a grow without them.

I wish I could offer you more, but I’ve never personally ran any tests for a side by side comparison.
Damn... You see that spelling @MIMedGrower. You not gonna correct me again on that lol.

Was hoping for some validation. Thinking about adding both IR and UV 😕 I know they both will benefit me just looking at how much I could expect to justify the cost

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Damn... You see that spelling @MIMedGrower. You not gonna correct me again on that lol.

Was hoping for some validation. Thinking about adding both IR and UV 😕 I know they both will benefit me just looking at how much I could expect to justify the cost

Well im not going to add a dangerous level of uv to my room and it seems proper temps are handling the uv.

Or have these lights actually sucked all this time without them?

I will say my hps weed has blown away the weed of growers i know here with led. One has blurple and one hlg. But thats the real point. The individual grow is more important to results than any of these things that give diminishing returns.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well im not going to add a dangerous level of uv to my room and it seems proper temps are handling the uv.

Or have these lights actually sucked all this time without them?

I will say my hps weed has blown away the weed of growers i know here with led. One has blurple and one hlg. But thats the real point. The individual grow is more important to results than any of these things that give diminishing returns.
To many variables to point at one between growers. I think you need to buy led and let us know lmao

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

To many variables to point at one between growers. I think you need to buy led and let us know lmao

As soon as an actual whole grow lamp is available and you idiots stop paying the inflated retail prices for only the insides of one so i can afford one that can actually grow better than a 40 year old street lamp bulb and doesnt start an electrical fire from some splashed water on an unprotected driver.

They make complete fools out of us weed growers.

Now where is my cal mag?!?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

As soon as an actual whole grow lamp is available and you idiots stop paying the inflated retail prices for only the insides of one so i can afford one that can actually grow better than a 40 year old street lamp bulb and doesnt start an electrical fire from some splashed water on an unprotected driver.

They make complete fools out of us weed growers.

Now where is my cal mag?!?
Nope no bias here... Move along folks nothing to see here. I love your irrational attachment to HPS. They are good but so are CMH, MH and yes LED. Different but all good. Each has thier uses.

Wanna see someone run. 1000w HPS in a 4x4 grow tent... While keeping everything in line.

The only difference in growth is the spectral qualities of each. Well LED does provide a shit tone more intensity per watt. Think you would agree intensity is more important and impactful than spectrum.

Unless HPS emits some unicorn spectrum of sorts? If we going spectrum would you say CMH is most ideal?

Last edited:
morugawelder

morugawelder

I run two four foot UVB bulbs from Solacure. I start using them for four hours at the beginning of week three. I add an additional hour at week 4, and again at week 5. I stay at 6 hours of run time through harvest.
Have you seen a difference than without them ?

Phylex

Phylex

I use IR as well. I've researched enough to feel confident that it's better for the plant with it, vs. without. That's why testing a side by side is the furthest thing from my mind. I'm personally already convinced they're beneficial.

Well im not going to add a dangerous level of uv

I don't work in the tent while they're on.

I will say my hps weed has blown away the weed of growers i know here with led.

Come on, you have to admit that's subjective. lol

If we going spectrum would you say CMH is most ideal?

I know someone who grows with a CMH + LED set up and the results are absolutely stunning. I've strongly considered making a similar build because of it. I've even considered using my 1000W HPS with the QB's split wide to the corners because I already have one. I'm always looking to improve my grows and mixing light spectrums is something that really intrigues me.

Have you seen a difference than without them ?

I can't definitively answer that. I was using HPS before switching to LED/UVB/IR. I also ran different strains between the two lights so that can't be compared either. The HPS produced nicely, I can't knock it. But without definitive data to back it up, I can only state "yes" as my personal opinion. I'm very happy with the results,

I'm also not trying to debate HPS vs. LED or justify UV and IR. I believe everything has its place. That's one of the things that makes growing so much fun. With so many different options, folks can build their own personal load out with what they think would work best, and just run with it. It's similar to golf where you have a bag full of golf clubs but which club do you want to use for your shot?

morugawelder

morugawelder

I use IR as well. I've researched enough to feel confident that it's better for the plant with it, vs. without. That's why testing a side by side is the furthest thing from my mind. I'm personally already convinced they're beneficial.

I don't work in the tent while they're on.

Come on, you have to admit that's subjective. lol

I know someone who grows with a CMH + LED set up and the results are absolutely stunning. I've strongly considered making a similar build because of it. I've even considered using my 1000W HPS with the QB's split wide to the corners because I already have one. I'm always looking to improve my grows and mixing light spectrums is something that really intrigues me.

I can't definitively answer that. I was using HPS before switching to LED/UVB/IR. I also ran different strains between the two lights so that can't be compared either. The HPS produced nicely, I can't knock it. But without definitive data to back it up, I can only state "yes" as my personal opinion. I'm very happy with the results,

I'm also not trying to debate HPS vs. LED or justify UV and IR. I believe everything has its place. That's one of the things that makes growing so much fun. With so many different options, folks can build their own personal load out with what they think would work best, and just run with it. It's similar to golf where you have a bag full of golf clubs but which club do you want to use for your shot?
I ordered California Light , new UVB , talked with a fellow there 3 to 4 different nights . learned that he uses it and said I will definitely see a difference
in 48 hrs. with just the naked eye . We shall see , he runs it last 2 to 3 weeks of bloom , ..

Phylex

Phylex

Here's another video if anyone is still interested. There's good information throughout, but you can skip ahead to about the 10 minute mark for an LED/HPS lab tested comparison. At 18:30 he briefly touches on UV lighting.

Top Bottom