Anyone what happened to weedtracker?

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

Not guesses, just faCTS.. rUMORS ARE GOOD TO, BUT NO GUESSES!

aND IM NOT FIXING THE CAPS, mUAHAHJAHAHAHA!

P

pikes peak 69

Not sure, but the note on the front page suggests that they got a bad virus. Claims to have it figured out but they want to wait a few days before going back online.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Dear Community,

As you know we have recently been engaged in an epic battle against an invisible enemy, malware. Like most internet sites we are constantly under attack of some kind or another, but this time has been especially vicious. Usually we are able to quickly and swiftly deal with any problem that arises and the users are none the wiser to knowing that anything had happened. However this time weve come across an attack of which kind weve never seen before. This is not your typical exploit a plugin vulnerability and inject some code type attack, this is far more sophisticated than that, this attack is doing things weve never seen before.

However, we are confident that we have reached a turning point and that we have finally figured out exactly what is happening and how its happening. We are now working hard on a fix that will guarantee that this will not be a problem in the future.

We are deeply apologetic to everybody and anybody who has been effected by this attack. We are not alone, this attack has infected over 10,000 websites world wide. We are going to keep the site offline a little bit longer to insure that everything is indeed safe for you to return.

Again were very sorry for any and all inconveniences and we will be back soon, bigger and better than ever! -WT

Damnnnn, they got that ugly "virus" that affected Facebook, Amazon, etc., there have been tons that have been hit by this same one...

I know of a major major hotel that went down for 3 weeks due to this same "virus". Fukin' sorry as Symantec. I would never use it for any Windows systems.... :)

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Ohhh man o mannn.. This is a nasty little fuk that was embedded on weedtracker.. Logs are on page1 of site below...

Anyone that visited their site and use windows should thoroughly scan your computers now.. There have been complaints of peeps visiting wt and then receiving adware on their machines.. I would scan with multiple software tools.. :character0050:

Read this..

http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=8330.msg62197#msg62197

The 2822 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 20 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without
user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-07-15,
and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on
2010-07-15.Malicious software includes 5 exploit(s), 2 scripting
exploit(s), 1 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of
3 new process(es) on the target machine.Malicious software is hosted on 11 domain(s), including dbstat.in/, hystlas.co.cc/, leaderglobal.in/.1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including hystlas.co.cc/.
-- Yikes, so anyone visiting by dates above I would double check now!!

P

paulycali

*hit blows! What sucks is i stopped using that site years ago and then the one time i need them the site is down. WTF! Oh well.

Somebody let us know when there back on

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
*hit blows! What sucks is i stopped using that site years ago and then the one time i need them the site is down. WTF! Oh well.

Somebody let us know when there back on

Bro, you should be glad they are down with this infection. They did not need to spread that shit to everyone, can you imagine a massive stoner malware infestation in Cali. :mad0223: You did not want to jump on there and get royally infected, I mean royally. It's nasty man!! :D

This is not your classic norton, avg, mcafee, symantec fix.. Nasty fuk that embeds itself deep and seems to contain a root kit, too.?

P

paulycali

So your saying if i went on the site prior my computer would have gotten infected

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Might have, bro.. Depends on security running, etc. Some have from what I read on their blog.. no bueno..

If anyone has been infected you can goto Spywarehammer.COM and search ladyknight or weedtracker and their is a walk through a fix.-WT

On a side note: seems this "walk through" is not fun at all... :nerd

M

miah

Spywarehammer.com is the site you should use if you've been infected, works wonders.

The malware that has been hitting the internet world has'nt been seen before, It's quite powerful and unlike any malware that has hit the internet before.

Search July 12 2010 malware, 25,000 computers infected in a few days.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Damnnnn, they got that ugly "virus" that affected Facebook, Amazon, etc., there have been tons that have been hit by this same one...

I know of a major major hotel that went down for 3 weeks due to this same "virus". Fukin' sorry as Symantec. I would never use it for any Windows systems.... :)
Why the hell are they hosting on a Windows-based platform? Good Christ, host that shit on Linux and keep it *tight*.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Why the hell are they hosting on a Windows-based platform? Good Christ, host that shit on Linux and keep it *tight*.

ROTFLMAO!!! :giggle

You are soo correct there, Seamaiden!!! Crazy fools they are.. :character0050:

Top Bottom