Anyone with a ink brid conroller

• Thread starter Slickrick82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Question to any one who is using a normal inkbird humidity/ temp controllers that are sold on Amazon .witch one would b better to connect the exhaust fan to the temp control or the humidity one

gqjeff

gqjeff

I guess it depends if your trying to lower the temp or control the humidity??????????????? I ran a heater off mine but have since moved humidity and temp to my controller 69 pro..

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

True na got mine on the temp control but himity keeps on and off. But the meter shows tent temp / himity is good just the humidity keeps on and off u know why it would do that did o set it wrong.

gqjeff

gqjeff

it should turn off it if reaches its set point and once it drops under the tolerance you have set it will kick back on...

Ponky

Ponky

Get the WiFi temperature controller. It's the most useful one. App controlled. Monitor temp wherever you are.

Scotty420

Scotty420

I actually looked at those for the same purpose, but eventually decided against using it for that very reason. The non wifi version of the AC Infinity Controller 69 is the same price as the Inkbird controller & can do temp/RH/timer on a single outlet, plus it logs everything & has an easy to use app. It does require purchase of a controllable AC outlet which I believe is about $20. They also have a controller 79 which doesn't require the additional part & also costs the same as the Inkbird, I've never used the 79, but it looks like it has most of the functionality of the 69 as far as controlling an outlet based device. (the 69 does a lot more as far as controlling lights & communicating exhaust fan motors)

Controller 79:

Controller 69 & Outlet Controller:

simonkay

simonkay

Im having calibration issues with my inkbird ihc 200 so i might just look into the ac infinity controller if i cant resolve this issue.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Question to any one who is using a normal inkbird humidity/ temp controllers that are sold on Amazon .witch one would b better to connect the exhaust fan to the temp control or the humidity one
I connect my exhaust fan to my temperature controller. If I need to change, I change the plugs. Here's a picture of the left side of my tent. For exhaust, I found a 120mm fan that has a variable speed controller (shown on the left side of the picture) that cost about $25 and works well with these controllers for a smaller tent.

True na got mine on the temp control but himity keeps on and off. But the meter shows tent temp / himity is good just the humidity keeps on and off u know why it would do that did o set it wrong.
In settings, there's an adjustment for how far from the set value the present value should be before the device is turned on or off. The difference values can be set for temperature or humidity level. The temperature settings are shown below.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Im having calibration issues with my inkbird ihc 200 so i might just look into the ac infinity controller if i cant resolve this issue.
I am using an AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro with one tent and the Ink Bird controllers with another tent. I like both, but each has strengths and weaknesses. I have the IHC-200-WiFi. I chose that one because it's easier to configure with the phone app and I just like to use my phone to monitor the tents. I also have a sensor from another manufacturer that I use with the Ink Bird controllers because it reports VPD. Even though they're all in the same location in the tent, they never have exactly the same readings.

What are the calibration issues you're having?

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Na humidifier keeps going on and off. Like the humidity in the tent won't stay we're supposed to be with out it turning on or off to maintain set values. gets to 60 withing one min close to two i see it go down again on the control and in hygrometer inside tent too. That's with the exhaust fan off then it turns on once the humidity is like half way. Then goes back down because of the exhaust fan. So on and so on. Just werid i don't recall ever having dis issue.

simonkay

simonkay

My controller was fine for a month after initial calibration of -9%. Then last night when i went in to foliar & it went crazy and hit 20% plus so did wet salt jar test through the night still showed high in the morning until i wiped it with a tissue and it settled at 66% exactly 9% that i took off initially. Recalibrated and as soon as it went back in the room it shot up 25% plus. Im basing this off my humidifier, digital hydrometer and analogue hygrometer all showing low 50s when this says 75.
I tried to dry it with heat from an radiator and a fan, not sure what else to do

Ponky

Ponky

My controller was fine for a month after initial calibration of -9%. Then last night when i went in to foliar & it went crazy and hit 20% plus so did wet salt jar test through the night still showed high in the morning until i wiped it with a tissue and it settled at 66% exactly 9% that i took off initially. Recalibrated and as soon as it went back in the room it shot up 25% plus. Im basing this off my humidifier, digital hydrometer and analogue hygrometer all showing low 50s when this says 75.
I tried to dry it with heat from an radiator and a fan, not sure what else to do
The sensor is a wear item. Some models you can replace the probe.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

How u recalibrate it and should I take off the sensor cover on the ink bird

simonkay

simonkay

Mines less than 2 months old so if the sensor done i want my money back, right now im not impressed with my one and only inkbird. Depending on how they respond via email will determine this.
I've never taken the cover off although it could help with cleaning it i don't want to void any warranty until inkbird provide a solution.
Calibration is a simple wet salt test i found on YouTube. Salt in bottle cap, few drops of bottled water so it looks wet but doesn't have standing water, seal in bag or jar overnight, should give you 75% rh.
Fyi inkbird manual provides no useful info on calibration or maintenance so atm im not liking it.
IMG 20230501 090956

How u recalibrate it and should I take off the sensor cover on the ink bird

Top Bottom