Anyone with single cola grow experience?

• Thread starter Budtimez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budtimez

Im starting my first hydro grow and am planning on doing a single cola grow. Im using Ionic nutes: bloom, boost, nitrozime, fossil fuel, and green fuse root and bloom. Planing on puting clones straight into flower. anyone with experience?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
have played around back in the day - some strains work better then others for this method as far as just getting a single cola

what I did was trim everything off the lower 40-50% of the plants about day 12

B

Budtimez

Sweet, did you go straight into flower? how did they turn out?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yup ran 25 plants per 1k - would leave them on 18 for a few days after moving to the flower room until they were past shock and showed new groth and then flipped

turned out nice - trimmed up way fast at harvest with just a bunch of colas

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

my aeroflos are basically used in this method
my first couple grows with them this was my main goal, but found it is very hard to maximize you light doing this
one bend will do you alot of good, and will allow you to add 2-3 tops with minimal stress, and allow you to bend your plants to maximize your light and leave no holes in your canopy.
when supercropping you bend the top below alot of the other stuff, when doing it as you are going into flower ive had best results bending to the same length as the second series of tops. chop all the lower stuff after that and you should have a kick ass canopy of main colas.
my aeroflos are 60 girls for 2-3k

B

Budtimez

Gotcha, sounds good. My grow is gonna be 36 plants. what strains did you use?

D

dese637

I used to use this method also, I will try to dig up some old pics... I ran mostly NYCD,then later added P98,hash plant, and purple romulan, the NYCD was a great single cola plant, I had 50 per 4x4 tray per 1k light. Problem was the dispensaries got tired of me bringing in only 1 strain so I had to keep mixing it up and couldn't get a consistent good yield like I was with the NYCD so I stopped and am now setting up GTbuckets...

B

Budtimez

Thanks cheeser, i think super croping them is a great idea. Im worried about burning them up in the beginning gotta be easy on em.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I used to run a NL hybrid and another strain that was called B1 in my circle and neither is around anymore that I know of

first time I did it this way was with 2 x 400 and 56 plants in one gal grow bag of dirt - yielded just over 22 oz

not too shabby for 2 400s

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Thanks cheeser, i think super croping them is a great idea. Im worried about burning them up in the beginning gotta be easy on em.

yep, still prune heavy tho, kinda key to this method

everything ive run responded good to this, except my afgoo and trainwreck for some reason.

og's and kushes seem to do exceptional awsome

blue dream and bc chronic are the only sativas ive done it with, and they liked it as well

F

fotparmer

yep, still prune heavy tho, kinda key to this method

everything ive run responded good to this, except my afgoo and trainwreck for some reason.

og's and kushes seem to do exceptional awsome

blue dream and bc chronic are the only sativas ive done it with, and they liked it as well

I was doing single colas and getting a nice zip to a zip.5 per cola. The strain that i used was sort of my own because i crossed fem Kandy Kush with LA Woman. I Call It LA Kush. I only had 600watt hps though so i probably could have got more with a 1 k. Good luck and happy safe gardening.

B

Budtimez

Thanks gents, looks like im gonna do a seed order soon im really hopein that my critical + does good. It puts on huge buds for indoor hope they work clone to flower.

F

fotparmer

Hey Budtimez , I am very inexperienced at this and i was able to do better than ok but not as good as ive seen. I have learned to spend as much time with my girls as possible so that i see everything that is going on. Thats just me. Good luck man.

S

Steel Erection

Don't like it. I grew I think it was a 132 per 4 x 8 table. They averaged 12-14 grams per. Right now it's 32 per table and I think I will yield the same or better then the 132. Next round it'll be 16 per table and I definitely think it will yield the best of all. Why have a high plant count when you can do the same or better with a minimal number.-SE

B

Budtimez

Im gonna be doin 33 at a time for now. With the equipment i have i should be able to grow some monsters long as i hold up my end.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Don't like it. I grew I think it was a 132 per 4 x 8 table. They averaged 12-14 grams per. Right now it's 32 per table and I think I will yield the same or better then the 132. Next round it'll be 16 per table and I definitely think it will yield the best of all. Why have a high plant count when you can do the same or better with a minimal number.-SE

less veg

gimp73

gimp73

I use to to run 32 on a 5'x5' bed per 1k and over years kept slowly using less and the last run with soil/mix I was running 9 per 5'x5' I would always end up with about the same weight and did the best with 9 a light. I think If I would of went less I would of done a little better. I am now running 4 per 1k on a 4'x4' area but it is in a uc rdwc and I am loving it.

C

cardinal

Can you say- how did your vegging change as your plant count dropped?
Also, did the single cola configuration change?
Thanks

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
google "al b. fuct harvest a pound every two weeks". Al is the perpetual sog guru. Cloning is the real key here.

Top Bottom