Anything To Add To My Grow Room Checklist?

• Thread starter hamphealth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hamphealth

hamphealth

Daily
  • Air Ventilation Fan to outside of space, make sure it is functioning correctly.
  • Air Circulation fans inside tent. Make sure all plants move because of air from fans.
  • Check AC Unit: Use remote attached to the rear of the unit. (Push Mode to select Ventilation (Waves Icon), Push AC Button, Push Off Timer button until it reaches 12 H. Make sure to point remote at front of AC Unit. Wait until the louvres open and the unit starts blowing air.
  • Check Grow Flow Controller Bucket to make sure error light is OFF. Either fill or drain light should be lit.
  • Check HID system for excessive heat at plug-in, timer, ballast, and near ceiling
  • Fill Up Empty Humidifier Tanks (if humidity is not within range)
  • PH of Nutrient Solution in Reservoir: 5.8 - 6.2
  • Temperature of Nutrient Solution in Reservoir: 63F - 70F
  • EC of Nutrient Solution in Reservoir: 0-1.8 is good but the feeding EC 0.8-1.8 depending upon phase.
  • Move lamp up, 12-36 inches above plants, depends on the light. MH Light 36 Inches, iGrow 12 inches.
  • Humidity: 40-60% Flowering / 60-70% Vegetative (a little less at night)
  • Temperature: Day (lights on) 70F-75F Degrees; Night (lights off) 60F-65F Degrees

Weekly
  • Rotate Plants
  • Check for spider mites under leaves
  • Check for fungi
  • Check for nutrient deficiencies
  • Regular fertilization schedule (Change Reservoir every two weeks during Veg and every week during flower.)
  • Check walls and ceiling for mold
  • Cleanup
  • Ask, “How can I improve my grow room?”

iKharon

iKharon

You may need a dehumidifier.. plants will produce a lot of humidity but you are accurate in range.. everyone's slightly different, but 65% first couple weeks, then drop 5% a week until you get to 45%... ride that out to the end

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Don't go over 80% total amps into any socket. Most wall sockets share a breaker with other sockets in the room or ect. Watch for tripping breakers.

hamphealth

hamphealth

I have a kill-a-watt and consistently run 14.5amps on a dedicated 20amp circuit.

hamphealth

hamphealth

Do you know a good whole room humidifier with a hygrometer for under $100?

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

maybe some HPS or MH glasses to help see any early signs of problems, I'm going to grab some apollo LED grow room glasses on amazon, there was a video that blew my mind, the guy just put the lenses in front of the camera and it was a HUGE difference

H

hawkman

what you have will work very well. Once you have a few "grows" behind your belt you will make the necessary changes if any. Suggest that your grow indica ,or hybrids that are indica dominate for ease of growing

hamphealth

hamphealth

Thanks for the pointer. I decided to pop all my free beans for the first two cycles to get a handle on things. Mostly indica leaning hybrids. I did some LST and topping to bush the out.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Weekly
  • Rotate Plants
  • Check for fungi
  • Regular fertilization schedule (Change Reservoir every two weeks during Veg and every week during flower.)
  • Cleanup
one down this week! lol You seem to have a decent idea of what needs to be done, I think you'll be alright. Do you have a loupe to check your leaves with? IMHO they're a huge part of any grower's toolbox. your list looks good, just missing one thing on the daily side.
~After they get tucked in, sing your plants to sleep for a minimum of 30 mins each night.
ok maybe it's not quite a necessity lol jk. back to reality, what medium and/or system are you using?

hamphealth

hamphealth

Thank you @saintskinny. I'll look into the leaf loupe. How about this thing? SE MH1047L Illuminated Multi-Power LED Head Magnifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UCODIA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_gH5GybS1RQ7KV

I am using an Active Aqua Grow Flow 2.0 (55 gallon res, ebb and flow controller bucket connected to the double pots) and Clay Pebbles as a medium. I am enjoying the cleanliness of the situation as opposed to my last grow room where I used amended soiless mix.

All jokes aside I put good music on during their daytime hours. I try to keep it as quiet and least intrusive during their nighttime.

IMG 1527
Last edited:
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Thank you @saintskinny. I'll look into the leaf loupe.

I am using an Active Aqua Grow Flow 2.0 (55 gallon res, ebb and flow controller bucket connected to the double pots) and Clay Pebbles as a medium. I am enjoying the cleanliness of the situation as opposed to my last grow room where I used amended soiless mix.
good deal, in that case, if your running a sterile system, you could add H2O2 to your weekly regimen. People use it to prevent root rot, pathogens, and other nasties that sometimes grow/reproduce in hydro setups and muck with your girls. which nutes you use?

hamphealth

hamphealth

Good call! I do add Hydrogen Peroxide when I empty, clean, and fill the res again. Forgot to put it on the list. I am making this list to train my friend to take care of my plants while I am away. He's a old school organic outdoor grower stubborn as a mule. Hopefully he'll follow the list.

I use Mills. Seems to be working well. Simple two part liquid A+B with supplements if you want. I opted for Start R to get a good stem and root system so I can push them hard during flowering. I also picked up their PK and C4 for flowering.

I add Mammouth in low doses with each res renewal and will start adding Terpinator as well 10 days before flowering.

Mills is expensive but: I am a newbie, it's not organic but pretty close, and it's supposed to be designed specifically for the cannabis plant.

Questions: I saw in a Greenhouse Grow Session video that they let the roots dry for 5 days twice during different phases of the flowering cycle. Right after the 5 day drought they hit their plants with a 1.8ec nute solution. Is that effective? Or just some BS? Am I interpreting it wrong?

Do you think a 600 W MH next to a 400 W iGrow Induction light is too much for a 5x5 tent? My vent system is keeping it cool. I am worried about canopy because my tent only has about max 39 inches of vertical space from the top of the pot to the light bulb.

Last edited:
H

hawkman

Thanks for the pointer. I decided to pop all my free beans for the first two cycles to get a handle on things. Mostly indica leaning hybrids. I did some LST and topping to bush the out.
Sounds like a very good plan. and remember - "LESS is BEST" when it comes to nutrient use

hamphealth

hamphealth

UPDATED LIST, let me know if I'm missing anything:

Daily
  • Inspect plants with Lens Loupe and Grow Glasses: Color of leaves, pests, nutrient issues, etc.
  • Air Ventilation Fan to outside of space, make sure it is functioning correctly.
  • Air Circulation fans inside tent. Make sure all plants move because of air from fans.
  • Check AC Unit: Use remote attached to the rear of the unit. (Push Mode to select Ventilation (Waves Icon), Push AC Button, Push Off Timer button until it reaches 12 H. Make sure to point remote at front of AC Unit. Wait until the louvres open and the unit starts blowing air.
  • Check Grow Flow Controller Bucket to make sure error light is OFF. Either fill or drain light should be lit.
  • Check HID systems for excessive heat at plug-in, timer, ballast, and near ceiling
  • Fill Up Empty Humidifier Tanks (if humidity is not within range)
  • Watering schedule of every four hours flood for 2 hours.
  • Add proper dilution (30ML) of 30% H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) to reservoir every two weeks.
  • PH of Nutrient Solution in Reservoir: 5.8 - 6.2
  • Temperature of Nutrient Solution in Reservoir: 63F - 70F
  • EC of Nutrient Solution in Reservoir: 0-1.8 is good but the feeding EC 0.8-1.8 depending upon growth phase.
  • Move lamp up, 12-36 inches above plants, depends on the light. MH/HPS Light 36 Inches, iGrow 12 inches.
  • Humidity: 40-60% Flowering / 60-70% Vegetative (a little less at night)
  • Temperature: Day (lights on) 70F-75F Degrees; Night (lights off) 60F-65F Degrees
Weekly
  • Rotate Plants
  • Check for fungi
  • Cleanup

Bannacis

Bannacis

Make a PM list (preventive maintenance).
Also on those check for certain problems list, have your preferred measure of solving the problem listed...ie for mites: Neem or pepper soap?
Easier to follow the list then to have to deal with something harmful to your plants later on.
Check for light leaks, led power lights on during dark period...Tape over.
Have back up equipment ready.
Get a dry eraser board and put up ur best info for the weeks to come and transition to flower.
color code specific task on a weekly schedule, this way creating a visual guide and reminder for your old school buddy to follow.
You haven't mentioned air intake...
I seen you have a/c unit, is it window unit or portable?
Is the air brought in from outside?
is it filtered?
Will it be enough during flower, when the needs of the plants increase and environment changes?
Is your exhaust carbon filtered?
Hope some of this helps...good luck

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

You may need a dehumidifier.. plants will produce a lot of humidity but you are accurate in range.. everyone's slightly different, but 65% first couple weeks, then drop 5% a week until you get to 45%... ride that out to the end

Hard to give advise on humidity when you don't know the guys temps. Running 45% in an 85 degree room is far from optional. Google vpd chart there is a lot to say about the studies done between the relationship between temperature and humidity when is comes to plant biology.

iKharon

iKharon

I control temp and RH in greenhouse.. it's dif indoors and outdoors.. but controlling all aspects of your environment is key. For example, I have no worries of a light being too close to the plants and burning them up. If you grow in an environment where you can't control all aspects, then you need to adjust accordingly. But to me, you want to maintain temp. Anything over 82 is too high. Just imo. And that's for MY grow.. everyone's grow will vary

iKharon

iKharon

But he said 70-75 degrees.. the advice I gave on RH does jive with most vapor pressure def charts.. maybe slightly on low end, but the plants produce enough moisture themselves.. 65% imo is optimal.. then each week drop 5% to 45% by then the plants are enough into veg and bigger and cut risks of crappy bacterias and mold

Top Bottom