Apache At600 Heat Issues

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

@Minitiger I have 2 Pits lol and I have no pest problems knock on wood. Why I open my tents is because I don't use any AC at all and now it's getting cooler and I can turn up my lights to full power which is 423 watts each panel

lol Just cost is double but I don't need AC and those still produce heat and it wouldn't work in a tent lol heat issue. You really need to know who I am. I'm like the George Washington Carver of weed lol. I use to grow for a dispensary and have been growing for over a decade and led is my new adventure actually les the new tech.

Awwww, maaaaaan, I fucking love pits, but my girlfriend's a boxer lover, soooo.... What can you do? She's the one paying for their vet bills and shit, so I don't really have a say in the matter. Haha. I love our dogs, too, but if it was up to me, we'd have a couple pits. However, my girl doesn't have a problem with me taking over the spare bedroom with all this grow shit. It's a trade-off, ya know? Hahaha!!!!

You're extremely lucky that you don't need AC at all. I'd kill for a situation like that. But, like, I said, for whatever reason, this one bedroom gets much hotter than the rest of the house. But it also gets much cooler than the rest of the house when it gets even the slightest bit chilly here in LA, which'll be happening pretty soon, so hopefully I won't need to be using the AC much longer. And as of right now, I'm only using the AC for four hours a day, so not too bad.

Minitiger

Minitiger

idk man, I do breeding runs with 3 315s in a 4x8 with no a/c, just turning over air...stays a perfect 82 in there. I also set up a veg room a few months ago with 20 315s, it also stays in the low 80s with nothing but an 8in. exhaust in a 12x30 ft room. I know lots of people running 315s in tents none of them have heat issues, only time I had heat issues with those lights was when I tried to cram 9 of them into a 9x9 room with a 7 foot ceiling and no air exchange. Even then it was manageable at around 86-87 deg.

I def wish I knew who you were, you're doing some badass work with the LEDs. lmk if the price point comes down, I used to grow for dispensaries too now I just do build-outs and consult, always looking for new and innovative products. If you're in CO you should def shoot me a pm.

That sounds amazing. Twenty lights and no AC? I was wondering where you are, but you just said you're in CO. I gotta say, temperatures in CO are a hell of a lot different than temperatures in the SFV. I just moved out here about a year ago (always lived on the other side of the hill) and temps out here are waaaaayyyyy higher. If it's 80 on the other side of the hill, it's fucking 92 in the valley. Really annoying. But rent's a lot cheaper. There's always a trade-off, right? Haha. Cheap rent but sweltering heat.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

That sounds amazing. Twenty lights and no AC? I was wondering where you are, but you just said you're in CO. I gotta say, temperatures in CO are a hell of a lot different than temperatures in the SFV. I just moved out here about a year ago (always lived on the other side of the hill) and temps out here are waaaaayyyyy higher. If it's 80 on the other side of the hill, it's fucking 92 in the valley. Really annoying. But rent's a lot cheaper. There's always a trade-off, right? Haha. Cheap rent but sweltering heat.

ya cali gets some hot days for sure...colorado sees them too, it's brutal out here in august.

and yeah 20 lights no a/c, I have a buddy running a 50 light room of them with 5 tons of cooling. Traditional hvac you can run 1200 btu/light.

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

Awwww, maaaaaan, I fucking love pits, but my girlfriend's a boxer lover, soooo.... What can you do? She's the one paying for their vet bills and shit, so I don't really have a say in the matter. Haha. I love our dogs, too, but if it was up to me, we'd have a couple pits. However, my girl doesn't have a problem with me taking over the spare bedroom with all this grow shit. It's a trade-off, ya know? Hahaha!!!!

You're extremely lucky that you don't need AC at all. I'd kill for a situation like that. But, like, I said, for whatever reason, this one bedroom gets much hotter than the rest of the house. But it also gets much cooler than the rest of the house when it gets even the slightest bit chilly here in LA, which'll be happening pretty soon, so hopefully I won't need to be using the AC much longer. And as of right now, I'm only using the AC for four hours a day, so not too bad.
I live in Cali lol near the Burbank Airport literally 5 min away

DrFever

DrFever

Pits are just pits everyone has them i emailed and waiting on reply i want a 300 KG + pet you know something that would eat a pit in 10 seconds or pretty much anything shit for 3 k not a bad price for a exotic pet feeding it 15 pounds of raw meat a day works out to 5500 pounds of cow a year all of cow :) let alone vitamins , and veggies works out to 5 - 6 cows max for a beast of a pet so instead of getting rid of calves in spring i keep 5 of em for just that
imagine someone trying to steal your crop at night lol not going to happen and yes There more then happy to eat human

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/ontario-breeder-selling-lion-and-tiger-cubs-as-house-pets

Minitiger

Minitiger

I live in Cali lol near the Burbank Airport literally 5 min away

Oh, shit, really? Interesting. And no AC? Or am I confusing you and We Solidarity? Maybe Burbank's cooler than Sherman Oaks. I lived in Los Feliz for the last eight years (hipsters drove me out haha) and it was way cooler temps-wise than the Valley. Lived in Hollywood, WeHo, Venice, Santa Monica and Koreatown and the only area that got nearly as hot as the Valley was K-town. And it would only be crazy hot for like a month. This heat just doesn't let up in the Valley.

Or maybe it's just climate change... Haha.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Pits are just pits everyone has them i emailed and waiting on reply i want a 300 KG + pet you know something that would eat a pit in 10 seconds or pretty much anything shit for 3 k not a bad price for a exotic pet feeding it 15 pounds of raw meat a day works out to 5500 pounds of cow a year all of cow :) let alone vitamins , and veggies works out to 5 - 6 cows max for a beast of a pet so instead of getting rid of calves in spring i keep 5 of em for just that
imagine someone trying to steal your crop at night lol not going to happen and yes There more then happy to eat human

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/ontario-breeder-selling-lion-and-tiger-cubs-as-house-pets

Uh, okay. I just like pit bulls and boxers, cuz they're awesome pets and all, not really in the market for a man- or cow-eating dog, but when I am, I'll hit you up hahaha!!!!

Minitiger

Minitiger

@We Solidarity and @REALSTYLES, ran the tent for a few days. I planted my seeds directly into the dirt and misted them pretty well. Went to bed, woke up five or six hours later and checked my tent immediately haha. The soil was bone-fucking-dry. Temps never got over 77, but humidity levels dropped to like 33%, which I'm assuming was the reason why the soil dried up like that. You think the seeds are toast? The light is hanging four feet above the pots, so....

I didn't expect the humidity to drop like that. I took them out of the tent and put them outside, just because I haven't had a problem yet with germming seeds outside. Already looked at humidifiers and other ways to raise humidity levels in the tent, at least one of which I'll be utilizing as soon as the plants are above dirt and I move them back into the tent. And yes, I realize that sprouting seeds outside and then bringing them inside creates the possibility for a whole 'nother set of issues, but all I'm concerned with right now is getting them above ground haha. I'll deal with any potential issues stemming from bringing outdoor plants indoors when/if they happen.

I'm basically just wondering if you think the seeds are even viable anymore. I grew a Prayer Tower outside a little while ago (just chopped it down two days ago, actually) and it took five days to break ground, so I'm not stressing about the fact that it's day five of sowing the seeds and nothing's happening yet (above the soil, anyways haha). But do you think that the fact that the soil pretty much completely dried up twelve hours after I planted the seeds fucked everything up? I've been keeping the soil moist ever since the pots dried out and I'm gonna water them with a little OG Biowar later today, on the off chance that the seeds have cracked and are just waiting for a li'l help haha.

@Seamaiden I'd love to hear your opinion on soil drying out after you planted seeds. I know you sprout in paper towels (which I'm actually considering doing if these seeds don't start growing soon), but I'm still curious what you think. @Bulldog11 free to chime in, too. I know you guys are probably busy as fuck right now and my posts take a minute to read (I like to provide as much info as I can haha), but if y'all got the time to chime in, please do.

Thank you thank you!

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

@We Solidarity and @REALSTYLES, ran the tent for a few days. I planted my seeds directly into the dirt and misted them pretty well. Went to bed, woke up five or six hours later and checked my tent immediately haha. The soil was bone-fucking-dry. Temps never got over 77, but humidity levels dropped to like 33%, which I'm assuming was the reason why the soil dried up like that. You think the seeds are toast? The light is hanging four feet above the pots, so....

I didn't expect the humidity to drop like that. I took them out of the tent and put them outside, just because I haven't had a problem yet with germming seeds outside. Already looked at humidifiers and other ways to raise humidity levels in the tent, at least one of which I'll be utilizing as soon as the plants are above dirt and I move them back into the tent. And yes, I realize that sprouting seeds outside and then bringing them inside creates the possibility for a whole 'nother set of issues, but all I'm concerned with right now is getting them above ground haha. I'll deal with any potential issues stemming from bringing outdoor plants indoors when/if they happen.

I'm basically just wondering if you think the seeds are even viable anymore. I grew a Prayer Tower outside a little while ago (just chopped it down two days ago, actually) and it took five days to break ground, so I'm not stressing about the fact that it's day five of sowing the seeds and nothing's happening yet (above the soil, anyways haha). But do you think that the fact that the soil pretty much completely dried up twelve hours after I planted the seeds fucked everything up? I've been keeping the soil moist ever since the pots dried out and I'm gonna water them with a little OG Biowar later today, on the off chance that the seeds have cracked and are just waiting for a li'l help haha.

@Seamaiden I'd love to hear your opinion on soil drying out after you planted seeds. I know you sprout in paper towels (which I'm actually considering doing if these seeds don't start growing soon), but I'm still curious what you think. @Bulldog11 free to chime in, too. I know you guys are probably busy as fuck right now and my posts take a minute to read (I like to provide as much info as I can haha), but if y'all got the time to chime in, please do.

Thank you thank you!
What size container do you have the soil in? Because it sounds like you didn't give it enough moisture and too small of a container for the soil. I use 1.5" rock wool cubes but your seeds should be fine since you just planted them.

Minitiger

Minitiger

What size container do you have the soil in? Because it sounds like you didn't give it enough moisture and too small of a container for the soil. I use 1.5" rock wool cubes but your seeds should be fine since you just planted them.

They're in those little, like, three inch starter pots. I moistened the soil pretty well before planting my seeds. It just seems like the tent's humidity levels get so low that it sucks the moisture out of the soil. I got a humidifier, gonna try that and if it doesn't work, I'm gonna try the "wet towel in a bucket" method.

The good news is that fourteen out of fifteen seeds are up and out of the ground. The only one that hasn't sprouted yet is one of the Apollo 11 f4's, probably give that one another two or three days and then toss it if nothing happens. Prayer Tower #2 is already impressing me, even though it's only about two inches tall haha. Looks to be the most vigorous of all the little seedlings. Hopefully I'll have something to show the farm over the course of the next few months....

Minitiger

Minitiger

@REALSTYLES and anybody else who might be glancing at this thread: humidity levels are dropping crazy-low. Fifteen percent, not even exaggerating. Literally fifteen percent humidity. I put one of those bullshit humidifiers in the tent and it made no difference at all. When the light turns back on at 7, I'm gonna try the wet towel method, but still..... Jesus.... Fifteen percent humidity? I didn't even know that was possible haha!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom