apera ph20 ph meter question

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

so i have had this for 2 years so way to late to be asking this question but here goes
i have followed the directions exatcly the way it says
when i first got the meter it would always stop at around 6.3 at 6.4 smiley face would appear so i stopped checking my ph so much i have only checked it 2 or 3 times in the last year
but when i have checked it the numbers just keep going down with a smiley face appearing and staying i thought the smiley face means it was complete and done but the smiley face stays and numbers still go down .does that mean this thing is done trashed ready for a new 1 am i reading it wrong or did my well water change ?

Apera ph20 ph meter question
Apera ph20 ph meter question 2
Apera ph20 ph meter question 3
Apera ph20 ph meter question 4
Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Have you tried in a calibration solution to see how it reacts.
I use a similar unit from them and it may need calibration every few months.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Have you tried in a calibration solution to see how it reacts.
I use a similar unit from them and it may need calibration every few months.
i got the solution that came with it 2 years ago i have calibrated tho

Tremojem

Tremojem

I have the APERA PH20. I too, calibrate every few months. Not sure what the shelf life is for calibration solutions.

Call APERA. I had a question and they took VERY good care of me. Even gave me a free bottle of cleaning solution when I purchased the calibration/storage solutions kit.

Best to you.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I have the APERA PH20. I too, calibrate every few months. Not sure what the shelf life is for calibration solutions.

Call APERA. I had a question and they took VERY good care of me. Even gave me a free bottle of cleaning solution when I purchased the calibration/storage solutions kit.

Best to you.
the solution is only good for a year

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Thank you, that is what I believe it to be too. That makes sense cuz I purchased solution kit after a year of happy ownership.

Best to you.
does yours show the smiley face while the ph is still going up or down ? or does it stop counting then shows the smiley face

Tremojem

Tremojem

There is some movement, but mostly it sits in place. Please know that PH will rise as water sits. But not to the point where you can watch it on a meter. You might fall asleep lol. But yes, there is drift. Its my observation is that the other Apera meter I have is much faster at checking EC and TDS, than the PH60 is. It's an Apera EC60. I'm sure its the science behind what/how the meters are testing. But the EC60 is very quick. And the PH60 is slow to finish.

Best to you.

Tremojem

Tremojem

Correction

In my first reply, I accidentally listed wrong equipment.

Not PH20.

It is a PH60.

Wouldn't let me edit.

My apologies.

Best to you.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Correction

In my first reply, I accidentally listed wrong equipment.

Not PH20.

It is a PH60.

Wouldn't let me edit.

My apologies.

Best to you.
its cool man there about all the same anyway lol
does yours have the replaceable tips ?

Top Bottom