Aphid’s won’t go away.

• Thread starter Ak310
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ak310

Ak310

I have a aphid infestation. I believe they are Aphid’s anyway. I’ve been using Monterey concentrate and they are still there. Here is a photo of the little assholes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Aphids wont go away
dire wolf

dire wolf

Get sticky paper traps , plug a tiny night light if they are indoors and put the light on at night and the sticky paper next to it ......
You will kill 50 a night , eventually you will get them all
Also use the Monterrey spinosad again

dire wolf

dire wolf

Actually that's my trick for thrips , sorry , but you can use that method if you get thrips , which should be inevitable

dire wolf

dire wolf

If the aphids are drawn to light like most pests , you might want to try my sticky soloution

Ak310

Ak310

If the aphids are drawn to light like most pests , you might want to try my sticky soloution
This makes sense I totally forgot they are attracted to light. I just cut the lights out and am going into flower. Hopefully between that and the Monterey spray they go away for good

dire wolf

dire wolf

This makes sense I totally forgot they are attracted to light. I just cut the lights out and am going into flower. Hopefully between that and the Monterey spray they go away for good
But if your going into flower be careful , works best for me when I'm not under a flower schede , but you can pull it off , just don't turn on main light for first half hour and use the sticky light or do it on the lights out dark side and compensate for 12/12 however you need to .....

Ak310

Ak310

But if your going into flower be careful , works best for me when I'm not under a flower schede , but you can pull it off , just don't turn on main light for first half hour and use the sticky light or do it on the lights out dark side and compensate for 12/12 however you need to .....
Thanks for the advice buddy. I’ll let you know how it works out.

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

We would use a piece of wire, just a wrap around the stem angle out and up, they'd crawl out and up it and you could just wipe them off. That was before the internet though, and probably frowned on now. Cheers

CF89

CF89

Good luck.

I’ve tried sticky thing

Ive Tried pressure washing the plants

I’ve tried diamotaceous earth

I’ve tried spraying with super concentrated soap. What most people fail to mention is it can’t be a detergent. Dawn is no good. It did more damage to the plants than the aphids did and I seem to be the only one who knows this or repeats it anywhere???

ive tried neem oil

I’ve tried ladybugs

Nothing works. I thought this was supposed to be fun??

dire wolf

dire wolf

Good luck.

I’ve tried sticky thing

Ive Tried pressure washing the plants

I’ve tried diamotaceous earth

I’ve tried spraying with super concentrated soap. What most people fail to mention is it can’t be a detergent. Dawn is no good. It did more damage to the plants than the aphids did and I seem to be the only one who knows this or repeats it anywhere???

ive tried neem oil

I’ve tried ladybugs

Nothing works. I thought this was supposed to be fun??
Did you try dumping your infested medium , cleaning out the room and starting with a fresh medium or peat based , instead of soil ?

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Your applicator also matters, it can be hard to get good coverage with a little spray bottle.

CF89

CF89

Your applicator also matters, it can be hard to get good coverage with a little spray bottle.
For me personally. I bought a little pump pressure sprayer.

I sprayed the plants underside. From bottom to top. Totally soaked them. Used 5ml of neem per gallon

by the time I was don’t plant 6, the first plant had almost dried up. So they alll got a double dose of potent neem oil. Every 2 days. I did that 3-4 times. Didn’t seem to do anything.

literally the only thing I havnt tried is spinosoad

Madbud

Madbud

I sprayed the plants underside. From bottom to top. Totally soaked them. Used 5ml of neem per gallon

by the time I was don’t plant 6, the first plant had almost dried up. So they alll got a double dose of potent neem oil. Every 2 days. I did that 3-4 times. Didn’t seem to do anything.

Neem works on aphids but i wouldnt spray neem on flowers, tastes awful.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Do the spinosad , it's amazing , well at least in my experience
Root drench

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

I literally rushed these plants to flower so I can do just that. Can’t wait for this nightmare grow to be done so I can start fresh. Sans bugs.
Same place man I think they are gone they return... literally looking at hydro systems to hopefully end the bugs reign one grow of dealing with them is the enough for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom