Apocathary-Marijuana

• Thread starter Padrepuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Padrepuff

Padrepuff

I'll restate some of my issues again so we can make this helpful for each other.

I am a Franciscan priest and I'm disabled.
I've had 33 surgeries mostly spinal lamenectomies and fusions.
I suffer from:
Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia , Migraines, Arthritis. PTSD, Depression, Anxiety, Spondylitis, Acute Spondylosis and Neuropathy as well as Essential tremors.
That being said
Medical Marijuana got me off 60mg of morphine 4x a day, reduced pain, tremors, migraines, anxiety and no withdrawals.
How does it help you out?

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Gotta take a ml of tincture daily to eliminate muscle spasms in my legs. I don't get 'em when I take my medicine which I make myself so I know what's in it.

Herniated disc L4 - L5 suffered 30 years ago. Spent 3 months having to get around in a wheelchair. Couldn't stand.

Emotionally helps keep me even keel. I like that a lot.

Therapeuticly I love to grow plants and can spent hours thinking, reading, talking and doing. There's just something right with it all.

The only negatives are smoking is bad for your lungs and now vaping is killing people. But, scientists have recently found that saliva causes cancer, but only when swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time😜

In other words none of us are getting out of here alive.😉

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was born 6 weeks early and with a bunch of health issues. I have always smoked weed and realize now that it helped a whole lot with my symptoms.

And to add to my issues my L45 is bulging and keeping me in a chair and has been for almost 3 weeks.

@PlumberSoCal i am glad you found some relief. This shit hurts!

@Padrepuff i hurt pretty bad all my life but crap man, you have little competition for suffering.

So did you get a light and seeds yet? Time to grow bud, bud.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

But, scientists have recently found that saliva causes cancer, but only when swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time😜

In other words none of us are getting out of here alive.😉

I know the feeling breathing the air nowadays kills us.

Thank you Bud Brother. That's the thing so many symptoms of so many health issues from one plant.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

you have little competition for suffering.

Cervical spine fusions and in lumbar L1-L5.
Truth is I thought I'd be morphine my whole life until a neurosurgeon reccomend smoking Hybrid or Indica High THC in combination with using CBD for the tremors and pain and using it for without symptoms if I was serious about getting off opiates. I'm not going to say I don't have bad days but pain is just as manageable if not more so than when I was on Morphine.
Thank you guys for sharing. Hopefully this will help someone.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

you have little competition for suffering.

Cervical spine fusions and in lumbar L1-L5.
Truth is I thought I'd be morphine my whole life until a neurosurgeon reccomend smoking Hybrid or Indica High THC in combination with using CBD for the tremors and pain and using it for without symptoms if I was serious about getting off opiates. I'm not going to say I don't have bad days but pain is just as manageable if not more so than when I was on Morphine.
Thank you guys for sharing. Hopefully this will help someone.

My Mom has has her knee and hip replaced. And 2 spinal fusions neck and lower back. Looks like i am headed down her path.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

[MIMedGrower, post: 2303222, member: 81605"]
My Mom has has her knee and hip replaced. And 2 spinal fusions neck and lower back. Looks like i am headed down her path.

More studies are showing many of us have genetic tendencies for back problems. Again not generally information you hear from a Doc.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I was born 6 weeks early and with a bunch of health issues. I have always smoked weed and realize now that it helped a whole lot with my symptoms.

And to add to my issues my L45 is bulging and keeping me in a chair and has been for almost 3 weeks.

@Padrepuff i hurt pretty bad all my life but crap man, you have little competition for suffering.

Besides our favorite med I've got ice packs, heat packs and back braces to hold them in place. 2 shiatsu back massagers and a neck massagers. Heating pad, tub pillow, heating & vibrating anti gravity chair, a T.E.N.s device and a massage table. And I pay to get a massage when it's bad.

I know exactly how you feel and dread ever feeling like that again. Been 4 years since I had that level 10 pain. Can't see, can't talk, just a shock through your whole body for a few seconds. That's the worst of it. I assume you're dealing with that 7-8 level crap. Stabbing and/or shooting pain if you move wrong. Don't even think about coughing or God forbid SNEEZE! Waking up is a joy as is trying to sleep. Most of my pain is that wonderful sciatica shooting down the leg and stabbing in my hip. Low back and shoulders are always running 3-4.

At this point you know what makes it better, time. Take it easy, don't rush getting back into things, keep switching hot to cold, medicate medicate medicate. Sucks, I know.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Besides our favorite med I've got ice packs, heat packs and back braces to hold them in place. 2 shiatsu back massagers and a neck massagers. Heating pad, tub pillow, heating & vibrating anti gravity chair, a T.E.N.s device and a massage table. And I pay to get a massage when it's bad.

I know exactly how you feel and dread ever feeling like that again. Been 4 years since I had that level 10 pain. Can't see, can't talk, just a shock through your whole body for a few seconds. That's the worst of it. I assume you're dealing with that 7-8 level crap. Stabbing and/or shooting pain if you move wrong. Don't even think about coughing or God forbid SNEEZE! Waking up is a joy as is trying to sleep. Most of my pain is that wonderful sciatica shooting down the leg and stabbing in my hip. Low back and shoulders are always running 3-4.

At this point you know what makes it better, time. Take it easy, don't rush getting back into things, keep switching hot to cold, medicate medicate medicate. Sucks, I know.

Brother, I started with my first laminectomy in 1995 . Sorry to hear that it takes so much to help you. That's the plus with my severe neuropathy. In many parts of my body I can't feel anything so I don't know if it hurts.

Do you at least get a massage with ahappy ending 🤔😃

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Brother, I started with my first laminectomy in 1995 . Sorry to hear that it takes so much to help you. That's the plus with my severe neuropathy. In many parts of my body I can't feel anything so I don't know if it hurts.

Do you at least get a massage with ahappy ending 🤔😃
Faithful to my wife. I may be a plumber but my boss is a Jewish carpenter. Go figure.😉

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Vaping does NOT kill people. It's the fvck-tards that make it wrong and put the wrong stuff in or use dirty concentrates.

Glad MJ works, it works for a lot of folks
Hum. Could be all it is but I haven't had a cig in 2 weeks, switched to vape. Neighbor quit 2 years ago for vaping. We're vape brothers and don't find it any healthier. Gagging at times, heavy chest after a day with as much vaping as I use to smoke (pack a day for 42 years). So while I believe you're correct we're coating our lungs with an oily substance. Can't be good nor even neutral.

But again, none of us are getting out of here alive.

Life is a journey of joy's and heart breaks with a lot of in between. My attitude seems to determine how good or bad the in between times are and I'm still learning how to make the most of all of it.

Enjoy the ride whenever possible.👍

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hello there! I've been prescribed medical marijuana. However, I've read there https://addictionresource.com/drugs/marijuana/ that it affects short-term memory. Not to mention lung cancer. Is it true? I mean, info about short-term memory. Is it worth it? Or should I prefer more traditional pills etc?

That link has more questions than answers.

Yes over use with some people can cause temporary short term memory loss. But in my experience reducing or taking a break stops that right away.

Alcohol and opiates cause much worse cognitive damage.

And there is no report I am aware of that marijuana smoking specifically caused lung or any cancer despite the carcinogens from burning the resin.

They also laughably mention addiction and withdrawl symptoms which are also not associated with marijiana.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

A bud hooked me up with some seeds and and bought some others germinated. Just waiting for first leaves to post. Got a considerable break on lights for growing now we wait & you guys I'm sure will get many questions from me😁

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Hello there! I've been prescribed medical marijuana. However, I've read there https://addictionresource.com/drugs/marijuana/ that it affects short-term memory. Not to mention lung cancer. Is it true? I mean, info about short-term memory. Is it worth it? Or should I prefer more traditional pills etc?
Actually in response to this I can tell you before starting up Medical Marijuana my kidneys and liver still deal with complications of taking 34years of opiates and opioids addiction starting with vicodin to oxycontin to dilatin to morphine. All pain medications prescribed.
Now I've been a cigar smoker 31 years now after all my surgeries I can say lungs are strong. However, realizing that Medical Cannabis doesn't have to be smoked. Use in tinctures, cooking, baking or edibles and cut the respiratory and any short term problem if you are concerned.
If you're interested I can give you sources for great edibles, cookbooks etc.
Blessing's bud.

Top Bottom