Apollo 11 question

• Thread starter angry monkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
angry monkey

angry monkey

So I was blessed a few months back with what can only be described as an amazing find known as Apollo 11. An original from seed by the brothers themselves. I hit her with some pollen from what I deemed to be a worthy male and I'm starting to question seed development since I like to take her around 45 days. My question is will the seeds be ready when I like to chop her or do I need to let her go another couple weeks to make sure they finish or can I leave that pollenated branch alone and chop everything else as planned?

Anyone with some insight would be greatly appreciated.

Wildill

Wildill

So I was blessed a few months back with what can only be described as an amazing find known as Apollo 11. An original from seed by the brothers themselves. I hit her with some pollen from what I deemed to be a worthy male and I'm starting to question seed development since I like to take her around 45 days. My question is will the seeds be ready when I like to chop her or do I need to let her go another couple weeks to make sure they finish or can I leave that pollenated branch alone and chop everything else as planned?

Anyone with some insight would be greatly appreciated.
You can just leave the pollinated branch alone I believe it takes 3-6 weeks for seeds to mature.

angry monkey

angry monkey

Superb. Probably won't have to wait but a week even since I hit her in week 2.

JAWS

JAWS

ya just leave your plant alone and let the seeds mature.

ahh hold up your only keeping one seeded branch?, and cutting the rest of the unseeded buds?.

not sure how that will turn out for ya, may be ok may be not, chopping a large part of the plant off while leaving just a small portion may just stress the girl pretty hard. umm depending on how mature they are at the chop of the unseeded branch{s} will be a big factor in getting good seeds or bad. if there close id say you would be ok other then that its going to be a gamble.

good luck:writing:

angry monkey

angry monkey

Looking over the branch the seeds appear to be further along than the other plants that were also seeded. I'm going to assume the plants quick readiness will translate over to the seeds. I will stall my chop until day 49 but the seeds are really not as valuable as the buds to me and waiting until week 8 is wasted crop as far as I'm concerned with this plant. Taste and buzz are so different by then it's nowhere as appealing. An entire plant isn't worth 20 seeds I made because it happened to be in with the intended mothers to fill an empty spot. I'd love for the cross the be something, but it isn't a plant I feel either would really improve. Just a see what happens deal.

JAWS

JAWS

Looking over the branch the seeds appear to be further along than the other plants that were also seeded. I'm going to assume the plants quick readiness will translate over to the seeds. I will stall my chop until day 49 but the seeds are really not as valuable as the buds to me and waiting until week 8 is wasted crop as far as I'm concerned with this plant. Taste and buzz are so different by then it's nowhere as appealing. An entire plant isn't worth 20 seeds I made because it happened to be in with the intended mothers to fill an empty spot. I'd love for the cross the be something, but it isn't a plant I feel either would really improve. Just a see what happens deal.

and with that being said id say ya run it normal and chop, the seeds don't see to important to you so no need to really give any extra attention.

peace;)

tipz

tipz

I have never seen a 49 day Apollo 11. Its a full blown sativa
Best of luck tipz

angry monkey

angry monkey

I have never seen a 49 day Apollo 11. Its a full blown sativa
Best of luck tipz

Then you have never seen true Apollo 11. Mine can be chopped at 45 and is some of the best smoke I have ever had. If the cuts you dealt with took longer than 8 weeks, they kept the wrong pheno.

tipz

tipz

Brothers grimm never had a 45 day Apollo 11 either. Maybe u would be so kind as to post up a grow of this 45 day version? I've grown the original, its a sativa, which grows to its genetics, which does not include a 45 day maturation time. Tipz

Reactions: Dad
angry monkey

angry monkey

As I said, you never had the right pheno. It's pretty well known the original bros Grimm and the spice bros knockoff later both had easily found phenos of 45 day finishers. There were also many that went to 12 weeks which didn't have the buzz the quicker one holds. You can take mine all the way to 9 weeks if you want. The buzz and taste change too much. Yields slightly better, but not worth it to me.

I do not post grows. If you live near me I do share cuts of her though and you're more than free to prove me wrong. :)

Dad

Dad

As I said, you never had the right pheno. It's pretty well known the original bros Grimm and the spice bros knockoff later both had easily found phenos of 45 day finishers. There were also many that went to 12 weeks which didn't have the buzz the quicker one holds. You can take mine all the way to 9 weeks if you want. The buzz and taste change too much. Yields slightly better, but not worth it to me.

I do not post grows. If you live near me I do share cuts of her though and you're more than free to prove me wrong. :)
Whats the taste on her, do you extract resin?

angry monkey

angry monkey

Very citrusy. I get people saying grapes, grapefruit, and limes. I personally taste orange and slight hints of chocolate.

I do not but I have recently met someone who does and I gave him my last batch of trim to see what comes from it. Pretty excited. He did a batch of green poison and sunshine daydream for me recently and the tastes translated through perfectly.

Dad

Dad

i tried apollo 11 in a cross with the presoviet whiterussian(not ww x ak) hash oil as my first time trying , cirtusy musky, almost bubblegum fruity sweetness. thanks for the information, if anyone wants some apollo 11 crosses in your life, bodhi has e m:)

angry monkey

angry monkey

If anyone who was curious, she did in fact create about 40 viable seeds when chopped at day 49. Far more than was expected to get. Put a few testers in the ground and one has already come topside. I always like to drop a few fresh just to see if they pop easily.

I'm not a big bodhi fan but I've only found 2 good plants out of about 15 packs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom