Apollo Horticulture Double Ended

• Thread starter IPlay4Keepz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

I am about to pull the trigger on some grow gear and seen how inexpensive these are in comparison to the other DE systems out there. Do any of my fellow farmers have any experience with this specific brand? And has anyone successfully ran one of these DE bulbs in a vertical setup?

Here is the link to the ballast:

and the bulb:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
assuming the bulb runs at 400v (didnt see that listed in the specs) then it seems like a good deal for a remote ballast - good find - and if it is 400v you could always run the gavita bulb

i know some peeps are running verts - usually the bulb will indicate what orientation it can be run at - hopefully others will chime in

if you pull the trigger plz update

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
U can use a regular digi ballast to run a de bulb, just not a 400v. I use lumatek ballast with a digimax de bulb and a ac/de hood

yeah right on I thought there were standard de and 400v ones - you running any vert lpm?

lollipopman

lollipopman

assuming the bulb runs at 400v (didnt see that listed in the specs) then it seems like a good deal for a remote ballast - good find - and if it is 400v you could always run the gavita bulb

i know some peeps are running verts - usually the bulb will indicate what orientation it can be run at - hopefully others will chime in

if you pull the trigger plz update
Can u run a de bulb vert? That would be awesome

lollipopman

lollipopman

yeah right on I thought there were standard de and 400v ones - you running any vert lpm?
Lol we asked each other at the same time, when I move in the new house I'm going to 5 1ks vert coco trees , would love to put some de bulbs in the corners

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
i think @Capulator or somebody on here is running a few vert - could be a stoner brainfart though - lol

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

@gettogro mcgyvered one to run vert, but i am too dense to understand exactly how. looked to me like he cannibalized a regular bulb to make it work. from what i seen it worked well for at least a few runs. maybe he will chime in and drop some knowledge on us

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Gavita run on 220 but the bulb is 400v, if you wanna run de but save money just get Nanlux digi ballast for 150 and Amazon has a nice knock off of the ac/de hood for like 200 and then get a digimax or ushio bulb for 90

my gavitas run on 110 to 240 volt - but the bulb is 400 volts - supposed to be more efficient

Orrr I seee :cyclops: so the bulb will run on any ballast up to 400v. Told you i am dense when it comes to this kinda shit:asshat: Never ran any of the DE lights as of yet. Thanks for setting me straight guys.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
How is this saving money? I've seen complete nanolux fixtures for 375.

I'm not tring to be a ass, mabe I'm missing sumin

That's with free shipping from mg

he is talking about the aircooled de hoods

375 is a good price w. delivery - where did you say that was?

as a side note I really like how nanolux mounts the ballast in the complete fixture - makes much more sense to have the mounting points even and ultimately you can mount them 4-5" higher

Last edited:
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

For 50 bucks difference ill stick with the gavita,I do like how the nano ballast lays flat but it completely negates the cooling fins on the ballast,laying flat they are useless unless you blow air over them.@lollipopman you will like the 750 and i think even the 600SE will perform at or damn close to a conventional 1k.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Where you getting the gavita for 425? Is that the pro series or e series? Is that shipped?

-lurkin

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Where you getting the gavita for 425? Is that the pro series or e series? Is that shipped?

-lurkin
SLIDER_gavita3.png

www.growershouse.com
They have alot of sales around the holidays too(usually 5-10%) if you keep your eyes open,free fast shipping too and NO sales tax unless your in arizona,thats 10% right there!

Mother 375 is a great price!I paid the same for all my 750's buying through these guys on sale,smokin deal and no shipping or sales tax.

Last edited:
Top Bottom