Application of potassium silicate during flower

• Thread starter mashy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mashy

mashy

Hey everyone, new grower with a question. I'm currently in week 5 of flower and following the Cyco nutrients feed chart for soil. The feed chart doubles the amount of silica from week 5 of flower until flush. Silica is in potassium silicate form.

Most of my reading indicates to reduce potassium silicate during flower. Any ideas what is going on? And what specific benefits/harm it may do to the buds?

Anthem

Anthem

Hey everyone, new grower with a question. I'm currently in week 5 of flower and following the Cyco nutrients feed chart for soil. The feed chart doubles the amount of silica from week 5 of flower until flush. Silica is in potassium silicate form.

Most of my reading indicates to reduce potassium silicate during flower. Any ideas what is going on? And what specific benefits/harm it may do to the buds?
Man they sure have an extensive line of products. I have no experience with that line of products so take this with a grain of salt. I start backing off on the silica at week five. I use a product by Grow More called Armor Coat but the silica is derived from the exact same form. Most I have read also states to start backing it off around week 4 to 6. I can only assume they want you to add more for added K at the end of the grow. For me I believe there are better ways to add K at the end than silica.

mashy

mashy

Man they sure have an extensive line of products. I have no experience with that line of products so take this with a grain of salt. I start backing off on the silica at week five. I use a product by Grow More called Armor Coat but the silica is derived from the exact same form. Most I have read also states to start backing it off around week 4 to 6. I can only assume they want you to add more for added K at the end of the grow. For me I believe there are better ways to add K at the end than silica.
Thanks @Anthem that seems to be the common opinion from my reading and is the direction I'm leaning. Just trying to learn - what are your reasons for backing off the silica during flower?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo use till after stretch and then stop. Some use right to harvest and I have seen dispensery weed that is hard as a rock. I would use through veg and stretch. This is because it really helps give strength to the branching but after stretch that's pretty much not needed as they are pretty much set and you may l end up with rock hard buds.... not in a good way.

mashy

mashy

Imo use till after stretch and then stop. Some use right to harvest and I have seen dispensery weed that is hard as a rock. I would use through veg and stretch. This is because it really helps give strength to the branching but after stretch that's pretty much not needed as they are pretty much set and you may l end up with rock hard buds.... not in a good way.
Thanks @Aqua Man šŸ‘. I kinda thought the extra silica might be to add weight to the buds to increase yield. As I'm growing for personal use it's all about quality for me. I have just finished my bottle of silica at the end of week 5 flower so stopping now works perfectly for me.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
If you continue to use
some growers use right to harvest, and they may have taste a "sour" after curingļ¼Ÿ

Latest posts

Top Bottom