Approaching harvest, first time grower.

• Thread starter Bode180
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bode180

First time grower, Girl Scout cookies auto flower. Had some issues earlier in the grow which have since been ironed out. I believe I am in the 5th week of flower, will be more diligent with time keeping for the next grow. Over the last two days or so I e noticed some spots on the leaves and some turning light green to yellow. Should these leaves be taken immediately or is there a bigger issue at hand? Also should I defoliate a bit more approaching harvest?

Approaching harvest first time grower
Approaching harvest first time grower 2
Approaching harvest first time grower 3
Approaching harvest first time grower 4
Z

Zill

Mr. Bode,

Your plant looks great. Nothing looks out of sorts. The yellowing and leaf lesions is part of the plant maturing and flowering process.

Goong luck,
Zill.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Looks healthy. Just feed as you normally would. I think you have 4 weeks to go.

KYSEAN

KYSEAN

First time grower, Girl Scout cookies auto flower. Had some issues earlier in the grow which have since been ironed out. I believe I am in the 5th week of flower, will be more diligent with time keeping for the next grow. Over the last two days or so I e noticed some spots on the leaves and some turning light green to yellow. Should these leaves be taken immediately or is there a bigger issue at hand? Also should I defoliate a bit more approaching harvest?
Looks tasty

Z

Zill

I grew my first cannabis plant this year, outdoors. I was amazed at the number of flowers this plant produces. Really is incredible. And helps explain why, back in the day, most of what we bought were useless seeds only to be thrown out dormitory windows, take root and grow along the foundations.
Zill.

B

Bode180

I’m starting to, or should better say already have, realized that the instructions and process outlined by a pot for pot is extremely dumbed down. Outside of mixing the elements of the pot and neem oil/dish soap spray in the veg state I haven’t done anything other than water her. I’m going to assume the lack of fertilizer or feed will stunt the yield? Any recommendations as to what I should be adding if anything this late in the game?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The issue is not that you are not feeding, its the soil. What's in it? If it is not complete, then you will have to feed it a bit. You have about a month left and you have bad spots on some leaves. Your soil is running low of nutrients. So... What's in your soil?

Z

Zill

Mr bode,

It’s curtains for your crop. To hobble it along dose it with fertilizer but really at this point in the life cycle things are slowing down

Comfortably Numb though is saying another month. Can’t hurt things at this point. Just make it a weak drink.

Zill.

B

Bode180

Perlite, diamaceous earth, coco husk, rooting booster, and a proprietary soil blend. Basically I have no clue, sorry.

Z

Zill

Whaaat? The plants look great. Wait for others to chime in, but your close to harvest and want the best. So give the plants a shot of fertilizer.

Zill.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Would something like this work?

Fox Farm FX14091 Big Bloom Liquid Concentrate Fertilizer, 1-Pint, White https://a.co/d/izyPS3L
Not by itself, no. You need a tea. I would take some kale, 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom salts, 1/2 teaspoon of cal-mag, a banana and some worm castings and put it in a blender with boiling water and liquify it. Then strain the solids out before mixing with enough water (room temp) so that you have enough for all your plants. let it cool to room temp if it's not already.

Z

Zill

Of course. Honestly, like others were saying you’re almost there. Look at those flowers, gorgeous. At this point in it’s like cycle if you want feel like you did something give it a shot of 10-10-10. That other stuff is expensive, no.

Z

Zill

Or do what C. numb says. Rich as hell. Mr. Numb, do you really turn on a blender filled with near boiling water? Doesn’t it sort of explode.

Zill.

B

Bode180

Im
Not by itself, no. You need a tea. I would take some kale, 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom salts, 1/2 teaspoon of cal-mag, a banana and some worm castings and put it in a blender with boiling water and liquify it. Then strain the solids out before mixing with enough water (room temp) so that you have enough for all your plants. let it cool to room temp if it's not already.
I’m pretty sure my wife’s limit was reached in moving the op from the shed to the garage, if I told her the concoction I’d be putting in her blender it would be lights out!

Z

Zill

Check out Craig’s list for good used commercial blender with a SS can.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Or do what C. numb says. Rich as hell. Mr. Numb, do you really turn on a blender filled with near boiling water? Doesn’t it sort of explode.

Zill.
If your careful and don't fill it all the way up, no problem.

Z

Zill

Thanks CN. I’ve painted my kitchen ceiling once or twice.

Do you think one of those hand held boat motor kitchen mixers would be powerful enough to chop up that stuff?

Top Bottom