Approaching Harvest.

• Thread starter buddhabud3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
buddhabud3

buddhabud3

Ok folks, iv Just joined up and will appreciate any counsel. I'm not a total beginner as iv done several Grow ops before tho its been a while and it's the first time iv used a tent. I have 5 blue cheese in, and they are at differing stages even tho they've all been exposed to the same cycle and conditions? One could be pulled now, over half it's pistols are ginger, they are in the 9th week. Two seem to be weeks behind, all the pistols are still white? and the other two plants have mature leads with almost ripe colas, 50% ginger pistols, while the main two leads (I topped em) are still white and growing... Iv gotta pull them all at the same time, as I have restricted space. My feeling is to leave them till they are all ready, even though it will go well beyond the 65 days. Also was gonna start flushing about now. Any feedback welcome..

buddhabud3

buddhabud3

Yeah I agree really. So it's common for them to mature at differing stages then it seems...? I only have one small room where the odour is controlled, it will be a bit of headache drying them staggered, as of course they need warm darkness etc. But I will work sumat out... Cheers folks.

buddhabud3

buddhabud3

Thanks!! No clones unfortunately... It's frustrating when the main top buds are still looking young, while the rest of the plant is turning ginger/red... Is that a common thing?

BenMatlock

BenMatlock

I've had the tops look finished before the bottoms, but can't remember it's bottom finishing first, but ice only got a few harvests under my belt.
-maybe if you could somehow divide your room or use paper bags you could stagger harvest and still keep

buddhabud3

buddhabud3

I've had the tops look finished before the bottoms, but can't remember it's bottom finishing first, but ice only got a few harvests under my belt.
-maybe if you could somehow divide your room or use paper bags you could stagger harvest and still keep
Thanks, Yes the paper bag thing is gonna have to be used, only way I can do it (where on earth do I get paper bags that big lol) anyway, the baby in question was last outa the blocks and its less than half the size of the rest, but its chocka with sugar, covered, best outa the lot... half or more of the pistols dark, leaves are dying some going black, and even the buds seem to be drying up!! Couple not too far behind that, then there's the two that seem weeks behind, with mature bud down below... Aah well its a nice problem to have eh :) ps I was
Yes.

You might want to go through the thread in my signature line on harvesting without a loupe, too.
Thanks... Il do that right now, want to make sure I get it spot on
wanting to wait till almost every pistols turned even at top....? And...lol how do know when they stop drinking/feeding as iv read that best time to pull... Pps soz about the essay response, I'm obsessing;-)
Yes.

You might want to go through the thread in my signature line on harvesting without a loupe, too.
How do I get onto that then pal, can't suss it out.

buddhabud3

buddhabud3

Dunno what happened with my reply there Ben... It's broke in half with my response to seamaiden... Anyway my bloop. Peace out...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Get brown paper grocery bags and buck the harvested girl down so she fits.

Knowing when they've stopped eating and drinking means learning how to observe the plant. EG, watering. You know when the pot is dry, right? There could come a day, depending on how long you wait of course, when you come back ready to water and the media is still very moist and the pot is still heavy. The plant has stopped drinking, which means it has stopped transpiration.

What's transpiration? It's the plant's circulation system, heart and lungs are controlled by temperature in relation to relative humidity (called vapor pressure deficit, aka VPD).

See the colored text at the bottom of all my posts? That's my signature line. One of them is How to tell when to harvest without a loupe. Mouse over it. Now, click it!

buddhabud3

buddhabud3

Yes I understand, that's grand, thank you much appreciated (I do think I may of overdosed them however feeding them daily... Trial and error...) I will promptly investigate...

BenMatlock

BenMatlock

Get brown paper grocery bags and buck the harvested girl down so she fits.

Knowing when they've stopped eating and drinking means learning how to observe the plant. EG, watering. You know when the pot is dry, right? There could come a day, depending on how long you wait of course, when you come back ready to water and the media is still very moist and the pot is still heavy. The plant has stopped drinking, which means it has stopped transpiration.

What's transpiration? It's the plant's circulation system, heart and lungs are controlled by temperature in relation to relative humidity (called vapor pressure deficit, aka VPD).

See the colored text at the bottom of all my posts? That's my signature line. One of them is How to tell when to harvest without a loupe. Mouse over it. Now, click it!
This is why I love this site. I learn something new every day!

Bannacis

Bannacis

Your top buds that are closer to the light will probably still have new hairs, the tops will still keep growing while the rest of the plant will ripen.
You need to have a proper flush, no feeding. sometimes you have to harvest the tops even if they still have fresh hairs. they will change as the buds d

Top Bottom