Apt Grow (How big before it's too Big)

• Thread starter diesel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diesel23

I have a 2 bedroom apartment that I'm planning to do a grow in. Its a 4 unit building and all my neighbors are pretty cool. There're all young people and they keep to themselves. How big of a grow can I do before the smell seeps thru the walls? Can I just over do it with carbon filters and fans to create negative pressure inside the apt so no smells get out? Or at some point the smell will just be too much for the fans? And by big I'm thinking 12 1000 watts, 100 plants. Oh yeah and I don't have to worry about the landlord doing inspections or anything. My only concern is the smell.

sour power

sour power

to be hounest if i was in your shoes i'd only use 2000-2400watts for that apt and just rent out a bunch of them if you want to go hard.sometimes small and many places is better than one big huge grow just my 0.2

P

Papa_kush

^^agreed...Where are you going to live if you have 100? Lol. I doubt you could fit 100 in one bedroom unless u do a SOG but even then...12 lights wouldnt be needed. You'd be better off with 12 600's...or a couple 1000-w HPS's and some MH to supplement. It really depends how big u really wanna go...but as far as smell I think no matter what u do....100 plants will have the whole complex stankin...Even with carbon filters and fans it will still be hard to keep the odor from leaving your apt. i would start out with 25-50 first and see how that goes. And invest in a nice filter.

can-i-hit-it

can-i-hit-it

yeah man 100 plant gonna smell the whole complex up even wit a low oder strain

M

maimonides

If you caulk all the seams, like where wall meets ceiling, wall meets floor, completely cover and seal windows... I don't know why it wouldn't be possible, if you're careful, to create a situation where no air gets outside. Not easy, but possible. There is such a thing as a closed grow environment. Can you create one in an apartment? Why not, if you give enough attention to where air would get out. 12 lights seems like way over the top, though. Where would your intake and exhaust be, how would you keep smell from getting out there?

B

Bigkillr

how big is the room? You can easily build a few boxes to CONTROL the light. a 4 x 4 with a 1k and CO2 if room is big enough or go with 3 x 3 boxes. 12 lights and your neighbors are gonna see your electric meter spinning like a record!!!! Much less see the Light coming thru any cracks in the walls or windows! Watch the useage of electricity. If you set up boxes you can run 2 on and 2 off 24 / 7. 2 boxes during daytime and 2 boxes at night. Energy consumption will be very steady. Please do not tell anyone WHAT you are doing. Loose lips sink ships!!!! All it takes is one of your "cool neighbors" to get pissed off at you for some reason and drop a dime on your ass! Whats worse is that it might even be a girlfriend of one of your "cool neighbors". Be VERY CAREFUL who you talk to about this kinda stuff. NEVER EVER EVER EVER SHOW ANYONE ANYTHING GROWING!!!!!! Hardest problem in apt. grows is controlling temp and humidity. Be smart and stay safe.

BK

P

poedizzle

My friend did an apertment grow and i will say its VERY hard, he had 9 plants and he vegged them out and by the time they got decent size the apartment stank, I took them and flowered them, maybe if you had a big enough carbon filter and ozone gen and a sealed room possiably, still sketch cause sometime they need to get in your apt and you have little notice, VERY SKETCH!
peace
~POE~

sour power

sour power

the only reason i say use different apartments is because i been where your going with this.honestly12 lights is over kill to me 3lights in a 2 bedroom is over kill not in less you dont live there.if you dont have the money for another apt grow.the one you have let it pay for it self.i had 3 apts going at once.now i rock houses and will never look back.hope this helps peace!

N

negative 1

i grew in an apartment for a long long time and the trick is negative air pressure in the room, meaning that if the door opens outwords when it is slightly open the air pressure from the room ventilation should be strong enough to close the door. hard to achive but not impossible. in an open room this is gonna be alot harder. plus where would you vent to? i was lucky enough to have a fireplace with chimey that went out over the roof to vent out of and when the carbon filterscame out i got one of those to add on to it. it would have to be airtight everywhere in the room to accomplish this also being on the top floor would help a little. as far as lights go, in a 2 bedroom apt i wuldn't worry about what the neighbors see on the meter spinning as much as the electric man, 12 lights in my opinion is WAY too much for a two bedroom to handlewithout raising suspicion. plus your refrigerator, te fans you have to run and tvs and shit your looking at hundreds of dollars for an electric bill. i don't think a breaker box of an apt that small would handle it, but you know what you got better than i do. i'd say not to run more than 4 1000 watt lights and even that is a bit steep figuring everything else in. 4 thousand watters will cover 4 - 4 x 4 areas 62.5 watts per sq ft. per area. you could probably stretch it to 5 x 4 areas for 50 watts per sq ft. i ever grew that big i hada 1 bedroom with 2300 watts total for the entire grow. whatever you do be very careful man i wish you good luck in your venture. with negative pressure though you should not be able to smell it. a key to this is also no bends in your venting. take the total cubic feet of your room and find a fan that will move double that within ten or so minutes. think restaraunt hoods.

D

diesel23

Thanks for all the great advice. Looks like I better rent a house.

A

audia4king

you have heart huh you young buck this guy wit it probably already in the pen

R

robbiedublu

Forget the smell, what 2 bd apt has enough circuits and amperage to run 12k+ watts ??

M

MediVapeMan

lol 12k in a 2bd apt, you would most likely burn the place down and kill somebody, seriously. Rent a 3bdrm house and start with about 4k and 24-36 plants. Add more lights/plants a little at a time after you get a few harvests under your belt. Slow and steady wins the race.

U

ugmjfarmer

I wouldn't go over a 4x8 table with 2k over it in an apartment. But the carbon filter would have to be large, the grow would have to be sealed and a lot of consideration on how to keep floods from happening.

It could be done but a house with a basement is the best bet.

Just a thought though, I am pulling 800cfm of odorless air out of my grow room directly outside my house at nose level and I can't smell anything. A Can Filter 100 with a Can Fan 8HO can be your best friend, I tell you.

But again, at an apartment, the whole building is a public area. Police can walk right up to the building with little to no question. Your chances of getting noticed are high, hence my sealed room idea.

How are you going to disguise the A/C your going to need?

F

fiyahman

I would not fuck around in an apartment. Maybe a little personal grow in a cab. But rent a fucking house to do anything commercial. You're violating one of the top 5 rules.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
yes zir unless you have abolut nothing to lose

Top Bottom