Aptus Facilitator....

• Thread starter Donkdbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natural

Natural

Just based on some of the numbers I came up with, I'm hard pressed to run Fasilitor again.

I'm waiting for the Farms resident chemist to chime in on this....id like his opinion.

And yes...retailers are typically not allowed to discount Aptus.

I think many are jumping on Aptus' FaSilitor because it's promoted to act as a PGR..and with the timing of everyone figuring out that plenty of bottled nutes had harmful PGR's makes it more valuable. The science is simple..Aptus has a patented formula of Silicic acid and Boric acid that retains the most bioavailable forms possible. http://www.google.com/patents/US20120276165
I haven't used a Si product in awhile, but saw Jackmayoffer's results and became curious about Aptus' FaSilitor. If you're getting the yields and quality you need already without a Si product..there really is no good reason to use it. If you're not picky about how your Si is formulated...I wouldn't waste a dime on any of those bottles you listed, as you can score a lb of KSi in powder form for less than $20 and make your own.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Brothers and sisters.. I just order the whole line of aptus from this site. 1000ml of each and paid less than $800. They ship to the US and I received my order 7 days after payment.....
I'm checking the site out the names are all different, what one is the Fasilitor ? APTUS REGULATOR 1000 ML

deacon1503

deacon1503

I think many are jumping on Aptus' FaSilitor because it's promoted to act as a PGR..and with the timing of everyone figuring out that plenty of bottled nutes had harmful PGR's makes it more valuable. The science is simple..Aptus has a patented formula of Silicic acid and Boric acid that retains the most bioavailable forms possible. http://www.google.com/patents/US20120276165
I haven't used a Si product in awhile, but saw Jackmayoffer's results and became curious about Aptus' FaSilitor. If you're getting the yields and quality you need already without a Si product..there really is no good reason to use it. If you're not picky about how your Si is formulated...I wouldn't waste a dime on any of those bottles you listed, as you can score a lb of KSi in powder form for less than $20 and make your own.

I read through the Aptus patent...pretty good info in there.

"The bioavailable form of silicon is orthosilicic (monosilicic) acid and disilicic acid, not silica. Silica is silicon dioxide, which is not bioavailable. All silicates must be transferred into orthosilicic and disilicic acid being the relevant bioavailable compounds to be absorbed...

So Aptus says that their combo of KSi and boric acid is the superior way to get the contained Si "absorb-ready " for the plants? So boric acid is better to help the uptake of Si as opposed to sodium borate? I thought silicon dioxide broke down into silicic acids once in the water?

Natural

Natural

google scholar helped me understand quite a bit..but I understand more than I can explain..if ya catch my drift. But I'm pretty sure Silicon dioxide acts very different than monosilicic acid. You'd hafta read more to understand..but the scholar papers read like that patent. The way I figure it..it's a method of using a strong acid on a silica source to obtain monosilicic acid and the colloidal solution helps maintain that in suspension..rather than forming into longer polymer chains.

Natural

Natural

It would be interesting to know the actual ph of Fasilitor in the bottle..I'm sure that's impossible with a regular meter though.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Does anyone know what is in AN Nuts PH UP ? I was using that as my PH up but have since starting using the silica and have the yellow bottle of silica on the way and want to use that at the end after using fasilitor and the aptus again.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
ok here goes so I take my 100 Gallons RO water 1-2 ppm to start then add the Fasilitor at the rate of 3mL to evert 5 gallons the add CalMag Plus then Heavy 16 base, then the rest of the Aptus bottles, is it going to mess stuff up by using yellow bottle or the extreme silica at the end to raise the PH to 6.3, I just did this tonight and when I used the silica at the end to rasie the PH It was cloudy when I 1st pored it in but then as it mixed in the little bit of cloudiness went away, Another thing I thought about doing was add the Fasilitor 1st let mix then add the yellow bottle or extreme silica the calmag and down the line, Thanks for any info on this, I just want to make sure I'm adding the Fasilitor and silica used for the PH raise at the right spots...:nailbiting:

Natural

Natural

ok here goes so I take my 100 Gallons RO water 1-2 ppm to start then add the Fasilitor at the rate of 3mL to evert 5 gallons the add CalMag Plus then Heavy 16 base, then the rest of the Aptus bottles, is it going to mess stuff up by using yellow bottle or the extreme silica at the end to raise the PH to 6.3, I just did this tonight and when I used the silica at the end to rasie the PH It was cloudy when I 1st pored it in but then as it mixed in the little bit of cloudiness went away, Another thing I thought about doing was add the Fasilitor 1st let mix then add the yellow bottle or extreme silica the calmag and down the line, Thanks for any info on this, I just want to make sure I'm adding the Fasilitor and silica used for the PH raise at the right spots...:nailbiting:

hahaha..I feel ya man..that's a lot of nutrient money at risk. What I would be asking myself is..what effect will all that silica have at the end? I stopped using it as a PH up...but it's something you really have to experiment with yourself to decide what's up. Talking more to how it affects the plant itself as compared to what happens to it in nutrient solution...which might mean extra K and possibly fallout of different nutes by the polymers of silica. I don't think you need to worry about the Potassium Hydroxide messing with your mix..I would think as long as you're never getting too far out of range.
maybe even dilute the PH in a gallon of RO before adding would help..just an idea not sure if it would actually work well.

Last edited:
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
hahaha..I feel ya man..that's a lot of nutrient money at risk. What I would be asking myself is..what effect will all that silica have at the end? I stopped using it as a PH up...but it's something you really have to experiment with yourself to decide what's up. Talking more to how it affects the plant itself as compared to what happens to it in nutrient solution...which might mean extra K and possibly fallout of different nutes by the polymers of silica. I don't think you need to worry about the Potassium Hydroxide messing with your mix..I would think as long as you're never getting too far out of range.
maybe even dilute the PH in a gallon of RO before adding would help..just an idea not sure if it would actually work well.
Thanks for the reply, When I ran the aptus and heavy 16 a year or so ago I used just the AN PH UP at the very end and everything was killer, I have been adding the silica at 4ml to gallon and that brings me to 6.3 PH at the end with the added silica fron Fasilitor it would be a total of 4 mL to gallon Extreme Silica and .6mL to gallon Facilitor that would be roughly 4.6 ml silca to gallon using both, I'm wondering if that will work, ?

Natural

Natural

ya I think it will...was thinking I should have stated in the beginning of my post that it really depends on the quantity added too.
That seems like a nice low amount bro. I wouldn't even sweat that, except towards the middle to the end of flower. That's when I always cut the Si. But like I said..you really need to run the round like that, to see for yourself how it affects everything.

Natural

Natural

Thanks for the reply, When I ran the aptus and heavy 16 a year or so ago I used just the AN PH UP at the very end and everything was killer, I have been adding the silica at 4ml to gallon and that brings me to 6.3 PH at the end with the added silica fron Fasilitor it would be a total of 4 mL to gallon Extreme Silica and .6mL to gallon Facilitor that would be roughly 4.6 ml silca to gallon using both, I'm wondering if that will work, ?

wow..looked it up..that yellow bottle seems uber concentrated.
APPLICATION RATES

Recirculating 0.17mls per litre

Soil 0.17mls per litre

Run to waste 0.33mls per litre

Take for instance protekt, I think their app rate is 2ml per gallon max...so be thinkin on it bro..might get some fallout in the rez if it's over done.
Maybe we can get some advice from squiggly ..sending up the bat signal :poto:

Quantrill

Quantrill

When the yellow bottle says it is 53% potassium silicate, that does not mean it has 53% by weight of silica, or SiO2. With only 4% K2O on the analysis, the highest I would expect the SiO2 is about 10%. that would be a 2.5 weight ratio K2O:SiO2. It is most likely a 53% dilution of something like AgSil 25. Which is pretty good as far as hydro store products go.

When you use potassium silicate as a pH up adjustment(adding concentrated KSil to an acidic solution), you really increase the chance for the polymerization reactions to take place. If you are going to use it, add it after the fasilitor but before anything else. If you need to adjust the pH up after you add everything else, I would suggest using the potassium hydroxide solution.

I don't think Aptus actually holds the patent.

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

@oscar169 I wouldn't use another silica product along with fisilitor, actually I would try to stay away from any other product if using the full aptus lineup with the exception of Cal Mg... I suggest you use just regular PH up like you did in the past as fisilitor is the only source of Silica needed, the stuff is strong and is available to the plants immediately...

Peace

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
@oscar169 I wouldn't use another silica product along with fisilitor, actually I would try to stay away from any other product if using the full aptus lineup with the exception of Cal Mg... I suggest you use just regular PH up like you did in the past as fisilitor is the only source of Silica needed, the stuff is strong and is available to the plants immediately...

Peace
That is what I'm going to do then, I used the AN PH up with the heavy and Aptus in the past and it was stellar results. Now the Damn mail man needs to get here with my 1000mL Euro Aptus Bottles....:D

Top Bottom