Aptus nutrients

• Thread starter Dutchtouch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

And surfr i clearly have no idea what im doing? Have you finished with this lineup and have actual results to share?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I normally run either HG or Canna base depending on substrate. I ran the same cut i always get 2.5-3/kw with H16 Aptus w Canna coco/growstones and got just under 2/.. Shit went sideways around week 4 due to Aptus ph issues. I also had a bad feelin following their chart adding silica late in flower i would have shitty tasting nugs.. Shit talkers should realize im tryin to save you the waste of time and money i am dealin with.. Id like to hear the opinions of those who have actually finished with Aptus in a dialed room and hear their opinion not those who base their opinions on what they read on some forum.. Ive talked to 3 other who know their #s and they had low #s with Heavy/Aptus also.. Trust me I wish I was posting the opposite.. Ive got 25gallons of H16 i want to poor down the sewer..
Did you try the H16 without aptus?? I've finished a couple rounds with H16 that hit high #'s, but then again I don't hit 3kw a light anyways...

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

i know there are folks that i highly respect here rocking the heavy 16 so im sure it is a successful nute if used proper. but it turned my meds into chemical crap. it probably could be used better because i have seen some beautiful pics, but i was not happy with the appearance and especially taste of the nugs i harvested a couple weeks ago. i grew them directly alongside my canna/botanicare formula and there is not even a fair comparison right now. i can look through a ziploc bag and pick out the good (canna) and bad (h16) nugs.

since people are swearing by it and im extremely impressed by their foliar, im giving the heavy one more shot in a smaller room where i can pay really close attention to every detail. maybe ill have a different opinion in 3 months, but for now im stickin to my good ole' Canna.

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

I finished with H16 the round before and hit my #s but was using Aqua Flakes up to week 4 of flower so the plants were very well structured just wanted something with less N to finish.. I know a huge part of my issue was the ph drop when adding Peakboost.. I had to use a shit load of ph up and ran into major issues. My entire week 4 and 5 was spent flushin the shit out of them wdouble dose ezymes as suggested by Aptus to get my media back on point.. For the amount of so called research that went into Aptus the line was designed to be used with WELL water.. IF you use RO water the addition of PBoost will send your ph into the low 4s ruining the entire batch. Not knowingthis at the time I raised my ph.. Fucked.. Next 2 weeks were spent trying to get things back on track..Had to contact tech support in Holland to find out I couldnt use RO and had to switch to city dechlor... I have a whole packet with a book flyers stickers No mention of water reanywhere only how great Aptus is and how much research has been done to come upwith the line.. But didnt catch tht 95% of their US cust base run RO water..

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

I finished with H16 the round before and hit my #s but was using Aqua Flakes up to week 4 of flower so the plants were very well structured just wanted something with less N to finish.. I know a huge part of my issue was the ph drop when adding Peakboost.. I had to use a shit load of ph up and ran into major issues. My entire week 4 and 5 was spent flushin the shit out of them wdouble dose ezymes as suggested by Aptus to get my media back on point.. For the amount of so called research that went into Aptus the line was designed to be used with WELL water.. IF you use RO water the addition of PBoost will send your ph into the low 4s ruining the entire batch. Not knowingthis at the time I raised my ph.. Fucked.. Next 2 weeks were spent trying to get things back on track..Had to contact tech support in Holland to find out I couldnt use RO and had to switch to city dechlor... I have a whole packet with a book flyers stickers No mention of water reanywhere only how great Aptus is and how much research has been done to come upwith the line.. But didnt catch tht 95% of their US cust base run RO water..

Ive never ran Aptus, but Heavy16 is formulated for RO water. Try running Heavy16 line up exclusively. Its really simple, and the A+B is heavily chelated. pH is not too much of an issue because of the cascading nutrient availability. Its such a simple line up, If you are a skilled farmer it will perform.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

I normally run either HG or Canna base depending on substrate. I ran the same cut i always get 2.5-3/kw with H16 Aptus w Canna coco/growstones and got just under 2/.. Shit went sideways around week 4 due to Aptus ph issues. I also had a bad feelin following their chart adding silica late in flower i would have shitty tasting nugs.. Shit talkers should realize im tryin to save you the waste of time and money i am dealin with.. Id like to hear the opinions of those who have actually finished with Aptus in a dialed room and hear their opinion not those who base their opinions on what they read on some forum.. Ive talked to 3 other who know their #s and they had low #s with Heavy/Aptus also.. Trust me I wish I was posting the opposite.. Ive got 25gallons of H16 i want to poor down the sewer..

dont toss that 25 gallons of Heavy16 lol.. Il buy it from you and put it to good use ;) !!

K

kushsmoker30

Did you try the H16 without aptus?? I've finished a couple rounds with H16 that hit high #'s, but then again I don't hit 3kw a light anyways...

X2 i'd like to know this as well, cing as i want to run this line 1 time at least. now i'm reading here it's formulated 4 RO n thats just something i don't want to deal with.

i will say that imo the results of the Heavy16 thread below deff looks better, be it cause the nute lines better or cuz it a smaller room n it's easier to run maybe strain or da pic's i don't know but it deff looks better too me.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

I also questioned the use of silica through harvest. I stoppped using it at week 5. I also found that most of their line up is HIGHLY acidic. I was needing to add pH up @ 1ml/gal to get back in to my range. I am running DTW so I am not sure about fluctuation, and I do not like the fact that I have to use it within three days. I have been adding it once a week since I have it, at the last watering of the week. I am not sure I will continue. Keeping it very simple with jr peters works wonders for me. In fact, I just ordered their new one part formula to see if I can get the same results with less work.

I am thinking it was not nutes though. Perhaps you are just using a new product that you are not used to. If you have been runnign the same setup and strain for a while, then changin it up to anything other than the norm may throw off the cycle.

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

I also questioned the use of silica through harvest. I stoppped using it at week 5. I also found that most of their line up is HIGHLY acidic. I was needing to add pH up @ 1ml/gal to get back in to my range. I am running DTW so I am not sure about fluctuation, and I do not like the fact that I have to use it within three days. I have been adding it once a week since I have it, at the last watering of the week. I am not sure I will continue. Keeping it very simple with jr peters works wonders for me. In fact, I just ordered their new one part formula to see if I can get the same results with less work.

I am thinking it was not nutes though. Perhaps you are just using a new product that you are not used to. If you have been runnign the same setup and strain for a while, then changin it up to anything other than the norm may throw off the cycle.

Nugs finish tastin like normal? I knew i should have cut the silica early but part of me thought maybe Aptus figured somethin out with a new weight boosting low residual silica source (sa) but no.. Same thing I thought when I added PBoost and my ph dropped to 4.0.. huh? Maybe a new acidification tek? wrong again.. Everything was gravy till the peakboost ph drop... Also did anyone notice Aptus changed the peakboost? The first bottle i got i literally had to put on a resperator to open the bottle. Smelled like brain tumor.. Next bottle no resperator needed...?

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Not sure if this has been asked but does anyone know if the Base boost pellets can be used for flowering or just the veg cycle? I just recieved a sample of the Baseboost and Fasilitor but cant get ahold of any of the Aptus reps...

I looked on their site and it doesnt say anything about which cycle its for... Anybody?? Thanks... ~ODB~

BernieBee

BernieBee

Baseboost is time released over the course of 2.5-3 months, so both. Apparently it is a complete organic NPK so you can cut out your liquid base nutrient. I have a friend who swears by it now, he just hits the plants with boosters couple times a week.
Check out dutch touch on here too, I think he uses the baseboost as his NPK as well and seems to know alot about aptus in general. Thinking about doing a side by side my self now too. Hope this helps
BB

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

Aptus is bullshit.. The amount of money I spent on their products cost me a 30% yield reduction and crap meds.. Burn like shit and taste the same.. Returned my Biowaves also, another BS gimmick.. Horseshit all around. Spend your hard earned money with trustworthy companies. Id keep clear of Heavy16 as well..
Hi Coco

I think you may of done some thing wrong somewhere. dont take this the wrong way. if i can advise you in any way let me know

I'm here to help others achieve their goals

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

For sure you did something wrong.

Silica is the most abundant element on the planet its in everything that exists so thats not why your flower taste likes shit

all you added was heavy 16 and Aptus?

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

You can use R/O water and Aptus no problem. The reason your PH is plumeting when adding peak boost is because when you R/O you take all the Camg out of the water which acts as a buffer.

Your water is very unstable when using R/O thats why people R/O then add Camg to put a buffer back into the water and bring the ppm back up to 400

All you need to do is add Camg after the Fasilitor and you will solve your issue.

Hope this helps

feslope

feslope

Your water is very unstable when using R/O thats why people R/O then add Camg to put a buffer back into the water and bring the ppm back up to 400

All you need to do is add Camg after the Fasilitor and you will solve your issue.

Hope this helps
I tried that, does not work, not at all. The only thing I have found to raise the PH is 6ml of PH up per gallon. If you are not telling us something please enlighten me. Camag does not affect the ph at all and there is no reason why it should.

The up side is, 3 1/2 weeks into 12/12 I am seeing buddage like I did not know was possible.

I am using the Base Boost pellets and have not added any additional NPK.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

For sure you did something wrong.

Silica is the most abundant element on the planet its in everything that exists so thats not why your flower taste likes shit

all you added was heavy 16 and Aptus?

yep this is true. I pump silica blast through flower, full strength. buds always come out good, only time they are harsh is when the flush gets fucked up and I can't water the coco for a few days.
I'm about to start trial runs of the aptus line on botanicare PBP, botanicare full line is pretty dialed over here so it should be a fun experiment :D

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

I tried that, does not work, not at all. The only thing I have found to raise the PH is 6ml of PH up per gallon. If you are not telling us something please enlighten me. Camag does not affect the ph at all and there is no reason why it should.

The up side is, 3 1/2 weeks into 12/12 I am seeing buddage like I did not know was possible.

I am using the Base Boost pellets and have not added any additional NPK.

Hi F

CaMg does not effect the PH but it acts as a buffer in the water so the PH is more stable

When you use R/O you remove the CaMg from the water so you have no buffer in the water hence why the PH fluctuates so drastically.

When I was using Canna as a base the PH was way off. I since found out Canna coco A&B has low CaMg content this is the reason why my PH was going crazy.

I used Heavt 16 and the PH was fine. Same with Flora nova by GH

Base boost Kicks ass though glad your seeing the same as me

DT

nuttso

nuttso

The amount of bicarbonate in the water regulates the stability of your ph.

feslope

feslope

Hi F

CaMg does not effect the PH but it acts as a buffer in the water so the PH is more stable

When you use R/O you remove the CaMg from the water so you have no buffer in the water hence why the PH fluctuates so drastically.

When I was using Canna as a base the PH was way off. I since found out Canna coco A&B has low CaMg content this is the reason why my PH was going crazy.

I used Heavt 16 and the PH was fine. Same with Flora nova by GH

Base boost Kicks ass though glad your seeing the same as me

DT
Thanks DT. As always, good info.

Top Bottom