Aqua Man's first grow diary

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Srenots

Srenots

I'm going to keep the 1gals........ maybe somebody else can use them that doesn't have much$$$ or a xmass gift or something...

they were 19.99 he paid a shipping cost...if i ship back the only people making $$$ is the shipping people... he's out and i'm out......

ya was gonna say u might as well keep it....never know , mite be a good backup sometime

basscaptain

basscaptain

there isn't alot of room for profit here....... and I'm sure we both would lose on the deal.....

B

Burned Haze

(This is what I would do) Just use the bags on dry ice ( I had that exact brand at one point ) dry ice kills em inless the non screen (black siding is ultra durable, those were mids) so for a guy putting crazy amounts of dry ice and max amounts of green = death to them bags

But is it worth it for the cash ? Sure ( what i do is have multiple of same microne cause the bags get clogged or ripp from dry ice , dry ice is the real deal) as long as you don’t let contaminates of bag get In Your kief be free obviously .no one wants to smoke that

FourthCity

FourthCity

(This is what I would do) Just use the bags on dry ice ( I had that exact brand at one point ) dry ice kills em inless the non screen (black siding is ultra durable, those were mids) so for a guy putting crazy amounts of dry ice and max amounts of green = death to them bags

But is it worth it for the cash ? Sure ( what i do is have multiple of same microne cause the bags get clogged or ripp from dry ice , dry ice is the real deal) as long as you don’t let contaminates of bag get In Your kief be free obviously .no one wants to smoke that
I have the 5 gal all mesh ones of the same brand and they are holding up pretty well after several dry ice sessions.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Clipping big leafs reduces the amount of energy the plant requires to make roots

I dont know about that. I think the cut requires the same amount of energy to make roots regardless the state of its leaves.
I only clip the leaves on clones when I'm packing a tray full to reduce transpiration so the dome doesnt get too humid and I dont get overlapping leaves dropping condensation on each other. But clones left unclipped with leaves left intact always seem to root faster for me. It's less injury for the plant to repair and has more available nutrients in the leaves to draw from. Those fan leaves instantly become source leaves to provide the cut stem the nutrients it needs to survive while it builds roots.

These were the most recent cuts I took, only 4 in the tray so I left them whole and had roots in exactly 7 days.
20200118 140046

4plant

4plant

I was told to clip the tips of fan leaves in trays so when the clones start growing new leaves you can tell more easily. I thinks it a big grower trait that’s been passed on.

chemistry

chemistry

I cut my leaves to stunt them and stop them growing, this has the effect of still having working leaves, but stops them growing for a week until the cutting has roots to support any new growth, or I find that the cuttings energy goes into making leaves before roots, this has the effect of draining what energy the cutting has to grow, and often this is a major cause of failed cuttings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom