Aqua Man's first grow diary

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well here's to hoping. I never see an exposed bulb before. I mean semi but usually there are gaurds around it. I think a lot of ph pen issues are storage and care related so drops are a good option. Especially in soil where well I feel you don't need to be accurate with ph just have a decent alkalinity.

Right tool for the job. 👍
By exposed I mean there's no Guard, if you miss even slightly putting the cap on you risk breaking that bulb like I did

I never dropped it it and take good care of my meters all I can figure is that I must have slipped putting the cap on

and the second one had a mechanical malfunction they've sent me the return info I just haven't got around to it

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Buy exposed I mean there's no Guard, if you miss even slightly putting the cap on you risk breaking that bulb like I did
View attachment 918423

I never dropped it it and take good care of my meters all I can figure is that I must have slipped putting the cap on and the second one had a mechanical malfunction they've sent me the return info I just haven't got around to it
Oh dam... Yeah the one I got has more of a cage around it luckily.

I wish they were more durable like a TDS meter but yeah some I'm sure are more durable than others.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Never used em but I have seen reviews all over that say they are better than blue lab and price point also. Like I say I know blue lab was good to me so I took a chance. Hopefully I'm not kickin myself time will tell.

The one negative thing I did hear was the warranty can be a bitch to deal with but thats only one account on another forum.
im going with blue lab myself,maybe the one i had was wasted when i got it

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

I thinking about those pH meters with exchangable probes, anyone tried those. If bluelab offered something like that I would concider buying it, such a simple design and save alot of money for the costumer since probes dont last forever. something like this. Cheap and exchangable probe: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADWA-AD11-pH-Tester/dp/B00C6W5QP4

Also, how you make that storing solution with KCL? You use ec meter to mix it right amount or? Sorry if you guys already answered this just ignore :P

Edit: I never used storing solution, mainly because of the cheap chinese pH meter I buy, solution costs more than the pHmeter xd but now Im thinking Im making a mistake. I only fill the cap with normal watewr then put the probe in

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I thinking about those pH meters with exchangable probes, anyone tried those. If bluelab offered something like that I would concider buying it, such a simple design and save alot of money for the costumer since probes dont last forever. something like this. Cheap and exchangable probe: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADWA-AD11-pH-Tester/dp/B00C6W5QP4

Also, how you make that storing solution with KCL? You use ec meter to mix it right amount or? Sorry if you guys already answered this just ignore :P

Edit: I never used storing solution, mainly because of the cheap chinese pH meter I buy, solution costs more than the pHmeter xd but now Im thinking Im making a mistake. I only fill the cap with normal watewr then put the probe in
Yeah my probe is replaceable like $35 for a new one.

Copy pasted below. I did a fair bit of looking around and research pretty much anything that is 1M to 3M is good for storage. Trying to make the 3M I found I could not get it all dissolved (might be the cheap source I used) but anywhere from 10g to 22.37g into 100ml of distilled should work fine.

Electrode Fill Solution (3M KCl) can be purchased or made. Make 3M KCl solution by dissolving 22.37 grams of potassium chloride into 100 mL of DI or distilled water. Do NOT store the electrode in deionized wate

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Yeah my probe is replaceable like $35 for a new one.

Copy pasted below. I did a fair bit of looking around and research pretty much anything that is 1M to 3M is good for storage. Trying to make the 3M I found I could not get it all dissolved (might be the cheap source I used) but anywhere from 10g to 22.37g into 100ml of distilled should work fine.

Electrode Fill Solution (3M KCl) can be purchased or made. Make 3M KCl solution by dissolving 22.37 grams of potassium chloride into 100 mL of DI or distilled water. Do NOT store the electrode in deionized wate
Ohh its replacable, then I would say thats a better buy than the bluelab one, I would go with the same. 35$ sounds great.

Thank you for the electrode solution recepie!

Indiva710

Indiva710

For sure. 100% agree. I'm all about if it works go for it. Like I said looks like Hanna might have done a 180 from when I used them. I don't have experience with the new stuff so I can't say what the qual on them is but you can. I would go off that. I'm just one of those people that talk with my wallet. If Bluelab every gooses me on qual I will drop them like a bad habit.
Drop them like a bad habit...Ya how many of us actually does that lol .... ppl who smoke cigarettes can say that too right lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Drop them like a bad habit...Ya how many of us actually does that lol .... ppl who smoke cigarettes can say that too right lol
Guilty smoker here. To me its just a habit and form of stress relief. So its like my alternative to the gym lol.... And i used to be a personal trainer back in my days, one of the few who smoked lol. I had to hide that shit because it was so frowned upon. How can you be training people on diet, exercise and healthy living habits when you smoke??? I tell ya how... I'm a hypocrite lol

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

To be fair the Diaz brother are UFC fighters and "highly" competative and they smoke daily. Its what you do after you smoke that determens your persona. I train much better, run much farther when Im high, while some people cant even leave the couch after smoking

Edit: ohh you guys talking about cigarettes, im supid sorry hahah :)

Indiva710

Indiva710

The first steps are admitting it lol...
Ya I used to be a smoker but not no more and sooooo glad I'm not that shit is fuckn nasty and all u went thru to have a few puffs at times like fuck that lol...I switched to vaping made my own and then tapered and got to zero and never looked back my last mg was at 0.1mg only so it was a slow taper process but it actually worked which is wats important and haven't touched one since....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The first steps are admitting it lol...
Ya I used to be a smoker but not no more and sooooo glad I'm not that shit is fuckn nasty and all u went thru to have a few puffs at times like fuck that lol...I switched to vaping made my own and then tapered and got to zero and never looked back my last mg was at 0.1mg only so it was a slow taper process but it actually worked which is wats important and haven't touched one since....
I'll stay away from the vaping stuff 🤔 But dude big props on the quitting it aint easy. Well done Sir 👍

Indiva710

Indiva710

Sounds like your scared of vaping....When the bad shit happens when you use vit e oil for a carrier oil to bulk it out more or less which is absolutely ridiculous in the 1st place as ecigs has vegetable glycerin, flavorings can be made with several different carrier like propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin and propeniol but the other 2 is the main and it's p.g is the most common and then you have nicotine which I got mine that was made from potatoes and tomatoes and that's it ...i vaped for like 5years doing that and sold a shit ton as well and never a bad issue other than they liked it so much and had to keep buying more ...Also there is certain companies like blu and pods that have issues like more nic than they said plus having other shit in it etc..

Which sadly it can happen to anything if there's money involved and greedy fucks then there you have it profit over people anyway for most... It's unfortunate but it is the truth you know

But ya it's nice not having to vape and now that sound is soooo annoying now to hear ...It's def not like a nice bong rip lol

So if ur a person who has tried quitting several times and just can't get it done with other things vaping could be something temp for u as u can go as slow or fast of taper as u want .. And it would be cheap as shit too ...If it is lmk I'll be happy to help like where to get things etc and it's actually just 1 website that has it all lol...So just a thought anyways

Indiva710

Indiva710

I'll stay away from the vaping stuff 🤔 But dude big props on the quitting it aint easy. Well done Sir 👍
Ya I tried quitting like w nicotine patches even like this inhaler thing ,gum etc nothing worked and I switched to vaping and didn't do it cuz I was going to quit then just was a better cleaner cheaper option and taste good too so that's why I switched originally actually ..But then I decided to quit and wasn't too bad at all cuz I had full control in the amount of nicotine and that I think was one of the biggest things of me be able to quit and stay nicotine free...It's been 2.5years now and wats crazy is I still have everything like if I wanted to I could but no point it's not substance for my body to need so not going to do it...Hit heem instead is a much better and healthier alternative as I still smoke daily well vape usually and twax joints here n there lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i did smoked since i was 14 yrs old ,decided i was gonna buy my oldest boy a new truck for gradution of high school,first one to graduate high school from way back when,me and mama just l;aid um down,didnt smoke for 10yrs,on my 40th birthday,lite up a cigar while white bass fishing started right back smoking,had surgery recent and laid um down again just like that,most think these and other things are addictions when in reality it is just something you love to do,when your mind set to say buy buy it isnt something you love to do anymore,that simple all mind games,being around folk that smoke doesnt even bother me and i get quite offended when they think they have to move away from a crowd becasue some dont smoke,shit free world stand your damn ground hell with them ,they dont like your smoke they can walk away that simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom