Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thx Bro!!! Soil takes a bit to get used to but once you do it’s pretty cool. It’s all I’ve used for 4 years now and haven’t had any issues. 🤞
So far in doing ok.. 1 week in lol so Lotsa room to goof yet. I did light bleach 3 already though

Rooke

Rooke

So far in doing ok.. 1 week in lol so Lotsa room to goof yet. I did light bleach 3 already though
Ahhhh week 1 and 2 sooo temperamental and as you told me back then it’s the genetics that dictates the stretch not proximity to the lights so makes sense to me now. My biggest problem is when the leaves get a bit bigger and heavier some seedlings need a tiny stake to help them sturdy up for a week then you’re off to the races.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ahhhh week 1 and 2 sooo temperamental and as you told me back then it’s the genetics that dictates the stretch not proximity to the lights so makes sense to me now. My biggest problem is when the leaves get a bit bigger and heavier some seedlings need a tiny stake to help them sturdy up for a week then you’re off to the races.
Absolutely. Genetics and spectrum . Intensity has very little to do at that stage they need to get up outa the soil. If they are squat af those leaves usually have issues with airflow. Can always plant a bit deeper when up potting but you can't stretch them out lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

On that discussion (@MIMedGrower might interest ya too) the red spectrum of light has shown early on to promote more root growth than blue spectrum in seedlings (which will keep them a bit shorter). Under HPS @MIMedGrower this may be why you feel the roots seem better when ya transplant deeper because of a more red spectrum you get a slightly taller seedling. I ran across this the other day reading a paper I have read many times and it never clicked until now.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I used those floss pick teeth things lol when they out grow just snip the floss and take it out

20200221 210217
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

On that discussion (@MIMedGrower might interest ya too) the red spectrum of light has shown early on to promote more root growth than blue spectrum in seedlings (which will keep them a bit shorter). Under HPS @MIMedGrower this may be why you feel the roots seem better when ya transplant deeper because of a more red spectrum you get a slightly taller seedling. I ran across this the other day reading a paper I have read many times and it never clicked until now.

I start and veg under t-5 flourescent 6500k

For hid i would use 315 cmh or hortilux blue mh.

I bury stems regardless. Better root ball is why. Nothing to do with stretch or light spectrum. I adjust proximity to the light to help with stretching.

And if i start i. The flower room 12/12 i still do the same. They may stretch more under hps but also grow faster so they get buried sooner, transplant sooner etc.

Rooke

Rooke

I bury stems regardless. Better root ball is why. Nothing to do with stretch or light spectrum. I adjust proximity to the light to help with stretching.

And if i start i. The flower room 12/12 i still do the same. They may stretch more under hps but also grow faster so they get buried sooner, transplant sooner etc.
Heya there! Thanks for your reply. So my plan for these are to put them outside at the end of the month or 1st week in June I’m under T5’s now and last year I kept them under them until I put them outside. I have a 400w hid mh that I could use on them would I be further ahead to start using it for the next 12-14 days? I also buried the stems about halfway up to the colydons this up pot.

Rooke

Rooke

I used those floss pick teeth things lol when they out grow just snip the floss and take it out
Hey there buddy just curious if the opaque cups allow light on your root zone? Have you used them in the past? You may want to drop them into a red one just to be sure I’m kinda anal tho ok a lot anal!

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Hey there buddy just curious if the opaque cups allow light on your root zone? Have you used them in the past? You may want to drop them into a red one just to be sure I’m kinda anal tho ok a lot anal!
Those pics were from the start of this grow that is just finishing, and i didnt notice any issues with the roots when i transplanted to 3gal fabrics. 💁 they even glow in the dark lmfao theyre just old halloween candy buckets 🤣

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Heya there! Thanks for your reply. So my plan for these are to put them outside at the end of the month or 1st week in June I’m under T5’s now and last year I kept them under them until I put them outside. I have a 400w hid mh that I could use on them would I be further ahead to start using it for the next 12-14 days? I also buried the stems about halfway up to the colydons this up pot.

Sorry. Went back to sleep today. been staying up all night watching movies and stuff.

I never grew outside but to get the massive trees some of these old guys get in our short season they usually veg a couple months under a 1000 w hid in a garage or barn before taking them out.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter

Do you use standard T5's man? I'm always scheming of ways to optimize my tents but have always used HID up until now. I've seen your pics of plants in veg and they're spot on. If that's done with standard T5 even better.

By "standard" I mean not the ones marketed as "grow lights" without the price markup lol

Ganj on

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Do you use standard T5's man? I'm always scheming of ways to optimize my tents but have always used HID up until now. I've seen your pics of plants in veg and they're spot on. If that's done with standard T5 even better.

By "standard" I mean not the ones marketed as "grow lights" without the price markup lol

Ganj on

Using sun system sunblaze 2 foot lamps. I have a 2/2 and a 2/8 lined ip in a 3x3 tent. Loaded with GE 6500k t-5 flourescents. Got at 1000 bulbs dot com for like $4 each.

The cheap chinese ones that come with the lamps are unreliable but also grow fine when working.

I never tried the new hortilux style uv plus or colored bulbs.

Slower veg but easy and happy plants result.

But i am planning to switch to an hlg 100 or 135 in the tent. Bulbs are old and fixtures are 5 years old.

The 135 should match intensity pretry close.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Using sun system sunblaze 2 foot lamps. I have a 2/2 and a 2/8 lined ip in a 3x3 tent. Loaded with GE 6500k t-5 flourescents. Got at 1000 bulbs dot com for like $4 each.

The cheap chinese ones that come with the lamps are unreliable but also grow fine when working.

But i am planning to switch to an hlg 100 or 135 in the tent. Bulbs are old and fixtures are 5 years old.

Right on! Thanks!

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter

These?

Screenshot 20200519 185510 Chrome
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom