Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Killing it, really. Looks good. Growth is slow compared to hydro. It is what it is but you know way more than I did some 40 yrs ago when I was planting under trees in the back yard to hide it.

I'm really looking forward to see if you think it tastes and is better than what you're use to.

I gotta tell ya, this hydro stuff is killer. Can't believe the difference. I got a strong air pump and buckets and going to cut some tops. Frightening and it's your fault. Gonna put some GDP clones in a couple buckets this weekend.🤣

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Killing it, really. Looks good. Growth is slow compared to hydro. It is what it is but you know way more than I did some 40 yrs ago when I was planting under trees in the back yard to hide it.

I'm really looking forward to see if you think it tastes and is better than what you're use to.

I gotta tell ya, this hydro stuff is killer. Can't believe the difference. I got a strong air pump and buckets and going to cut some tops. Frightening and it's your fault. Gonna put some GDP clones in a couple buckets this weekend.🤣

It's a reverse Aquaman!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

👍 That's what I'm missing brother... But coco should be the cure. If not back to buckets and a username that makes sense to ppl lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks brother appreciate the encouragement and means a lot coming from you.. Hate waiting to make a correction. It's the hydro guy in me where I can fix nutes in 2 min. Soil in laying in bed thinking about how many more seconds until the soil dries enough to feed em again lol

I feel this man. Its funny being on the other side of it now, I relate even more.. lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I love how we're opposites now, newcomers to the site must be like, wtf..

I also love to see experimentation, love seeing people change things up, stoked to see how this unfolds man.
Lol well if I'm predicting I will be unhinged before this grow unfolds. So far I like the mix and no issues with it. Have to water every 2 days and I think they need another up pot. I looked at one and the roots are pretty beastly so it's prob time to out em in the 3 gal

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Found this an interesting read. Especially the portion on flavonoids and UVB combined with stress. @Dirtbag (aquabag) @MIMedGrower @cemchris

Was thinking about the dry out timing of dirtbags grow.

Also kinda makes me think clear solo cups might help keep a more compact rootball. After reading I know the light stress actually speeds up root growth for its attempt to avoid light.

Was bored and doing some reading

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Found this an interesting read. Especially the portion on flavonoids and UVB combined with stress. @Dirtbag (aquabag) @MIMedGrower @cemchris

Also kinda makes me think clear solo cups might help keep a more compact rootball. After reading I know the light stress actually speeds up root growth for its attempt to avoid light.

wheres the beef?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Link?

I have read an article like you described about beans or something. The uvb plants had more and more pronounced flavenoids.

There is a similar test with organics vs chemicle fertilizer that shows organics developed more terps and flavenoids.

But you want to grow in a fish tank so you will never know soil is much better. ;-)

Lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Link?

I have read an article like you described about beans or something. The uvb plants had more and more pronounced flavenoids.

There is a similar test with organics vs chemicle fertilizer that shows organics developed more terps and flavenoids.

But you want to grow in a fish tank so you will never know soil is much better. ;-)

Lol.
Lol coco.. will be coco 😜

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

According to my (mentor?) the breeder at ch9 more than 30% coco in the mix negatively affects flavor.

I can not confirm this.
I'm going to stick my head in the coco and pretend I am not aware of this statement. Will see. Im Wondering if it's the old coco with Lotsa salt?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm going to stick my head in the coco and pretend I am not aware of this statement. Will see. Im Wondering if it's the old coco with Lotsa salt?

No. But it is cured right on the beach of third world countries. They wash it off with the ocean tide.

And for legitimacy of the breeders starement ( im sure he compared hundreds of plants though) Pro mix hp CC (coco coir) has no more than 30% coco added.

And no pure coco product even wirh the demand today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom