Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Funny I sex mine the opposite, I grow them till they're a foot or 2 tall, take a clone, and flower the mature plant. Then I keep the cuttings to grow out.

I find cuttings take forever to show sex before they have roots. But a mature plant that you just took cuts off of will show sex in a week or so.
Thanks brother. I have 2 sets of clones. I think that's what I'm gonna do. Have a feeling it will be forever so I think I'm just gonna transplant tonight or tomorrow. Maybe top and flip in about a week or so depending how they do.

Gonna throw the pk in feed after transplant

dire wolf

dire wolf

Funny I sex mine the opposite, I grow them till they're a foot or 2 tall, take a clone, and flower the mature plant. Then I keep the cuttings to grow out.

I find cuttings take forever to show sex before they have roots. But a mature plant that you just took cuts off of will show sex in a week or so.
Usually how I do it also , just a time thing .....
Always a drag waiting around for sex with regs , but it's how I began and just can't accept fem seed style.....
Come to think of it ? Why do breeders sell fem packs in 12 seed packages , if everything's the identical and fem , why not just buy one or 2 seeds 😹

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Always a drag waiting around for sex with regs , but it's how I began and just can't accept fem seed style.....
Come to think of it ? Why do breeders sell fem packs in 12 seed packages , if everything's the identical and fem , why not just buy one or 2 seeds 😹
Still phenos I guess. They going into 3 gal it's what I got. Hell if they look ok in 2 days I'ma flip and get this grow over with

Not really big on yield this on. I have a few I like the structure of and wrote down the clones that rooted easily. One of those produce decent buds they will be the winner

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks brother. I have 2 sets of clones. I think that's what I'm gonna do. Have a feeling it will be forever so I think I'm just gonna transplant tonight or tomorrow. Maybe top and flip in about a week or so depending how they do.

Gonna throw the pk in feed after transplant

If you are flipping soon why not just flower them as they are and transplant only the females when you see pistils? Thats the old euro way.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They are almost always 5 packs and recently i got fem 10 packs.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yea , and of course you can get great plants , I'm just so old school and addicted to pheno hunting ......
And messing around with breeding ....

The breeder of those great plants on my thread were all bred with feminized plants. He had an article in skunk magazine in the early 2000’s about his method.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I can add that i have a stash of shantibaba feminized critical mass from his garden. The breeder i knew sent me some from his pheno hunting stash.

Im pretty sure all the stable fems were bred that way. Its the “elite” clone pollen chuckers today rhat are making all the unstable fems with the bad rep. The really popular forum ones. Lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Raw bloom microbes with transplant. Enzymes when they dry out with next water... And plucking suckers again tomorrow. Gonna leave 3 since they are small

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

But I'm gonna have to recall who it was , I think you previously mentioned the name of the breeder ?

Its CH9 Female Seeds

I had a link to it on his old website but its gone.

I may have it copied to my old laptop. When i have time i will look. If it still works. Lol. Its a 2010 dell.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

From every grow I see coco is more work, water and nutes for less weed than i get now.

I am unsold on coco. Sorry.

Seems to me if you want hydro grow in water not wisk brooms. :-)
Lol well I'm gonna find out. Will be auto feed so that will help. I tell ya 16 dam plants and I'm sick of filling pots not even done yet. Thinking of 5 gal makes me sad. I'm lazy and back is hit and miss. 1gal coco pots sound good. Also hate mixing all this soil one negative to adding vermiculite bit other than that it's served me well from what little I know. Stems are much stronger bit not sure if that the silica or just soil vs hydro thing.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol well I'm gonna find out. Will be auto feed so that will help. I tell ya 16 dam plants and I'm sick of filling pots not even done yet. Thinking of 5 gal makes me sad. I'm lazy and back is hit and miss. 1gal coco pots sound good. Also hate mixing all this soil one negative to adding vermiculite bit other than that it's served me well from what little I know. Stems are much stronger bit not sure if that the silica or just soil vs hydro thing.

I am not sure about the silica im adding yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom