Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Was doing some tinkering since I seen some preflower signs. I often see ppl ask about this so here is a pic of a female preflower I have in veg. I will try to find a male later. It's clear by the 2 hairs protruding from the calyx this is a female.

Excuse the quality it's taken through a $10 60x loupe from Amazon and my phone lol.
IMG 20200624 112306

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok interesting note I was holding off of. I transplanted 2 days ago. I watered in my 3.5g per 5gal of mpk at that time.

2days later I'm showing preflowers. I was thinking I wonder if the pk had something to do with it... Nah to soon so I wasn't gonna say anything. Bit it was bugging me so I messaged @Dirtbag and asked him if he seen preflowers so quickly after adding pk in veg at the risk of looking foolish lol. Well I'm sure he had a bit of a chuckle then linked me a post on his thread from April.. within 3 days preflowers were popping. Let's just say I'm glad I took the time to send the mag and appreciate his response and advice. I am convinced the added PK has triggered the preflowers. I have never seen them come on so fast but I'm sold on the fact we should be adding our pk a week before flip not after. I have a feeling bud onset will follow this and be very fast. Time will tell.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That's the plan bro.. 👍 thanks again
The biggest buds I ever grew were on plants I re-vegged after sexing. After 3 - 4 days I found the males and put the fems back in veg. Over the next week or two small buds developed and trident leaves were growing with them. After 3 weeks I returned them to the flower room, their bud development had continued through the 3 more weeks in veg then exploded stacking buds on buds once on 12/12 again. I did that to sex plants but I'm thinking now I should try that again off clones I know are fems.

Have you ever seen that with plants or done that to them? accidentally or on purpose?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The biggest buds I ever grew were on plants I re-vegged after sexing. After 3 - 4 days I found the males and put the fems back in veg. Over the next week or two small buds developed and trident leaves were growing with them. After 3 weeks I returned them to the flower room, their bud development had continued through the 3 more weeks in veg then exploded stacking buds on buds once on 12/12 again. I did that to sex plants but I'm thinking now I should try that again off clones I know are fems.

Have you ever seen that with plants or done that to them? accidentally or on purpose?

Similar to monster cropping sounds like. I used to take my clones from plants that were 3-5 days into 12/12, when they rooted they did the weird 1-3 fingered leaves for a while and grow super gnarly and branchy as hell. And yeah they flower like crazy. I ultimately stopped doing it though since I found the branchiness to be difficult to keep organized and pruning was a nightmare.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Similar to monster cropping sounds like. I used to take my clones from plants that were 3-5 days into 12/12, when they rooted they did the weird 1-3 fingered leaves for a while and grow super gnarly and branchy as hell. And yeah they flower like crazy. I ultimately stopped doing it though since I found the branchiness to be difficult to keep organized and pruning was a nightmare.
I like to take my cuttings off the same day I flip when I'm moving them around but I'm seeing you're now giving them a pk boost prior to flipping to improve bud development. I'm not sure how that would effect the cloning. I'd have to cut them off a week earlier if I try that pk boost you guys are doing. No problem, I just have to train the brain to remember all this stuff.😀😀

I had my obligatory 4:20 and I'm finding it hard to hit the right keys with my fat fingers lol😁

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nope I haven't. Always been to cautious to avoid it. But this opens more questions than answers. Just got done a massage and have some work to do but hope some more discussion on this later.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They seem to be picking up since transplant.. no shock and probably more like relief.

All showing preflowers but not all determinable.

3 female BFT
2 female HBMC

confirmed.

No males confirmed but suspicious on 2.

Should be able to tell by Friday when I flip.

IMG 20200624 184521
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

They seem to be picking up since transplant.. no shock and probably more like relief.

3 female BFT
2 female HBMC

confirmed.

Looking good man

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

3 female BFT
2 female HBMC

confirmed.

For someone who doesnt like dirt you sure have grown some beautiful plants. :-)

They seem to like it. ;-)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

if you wouldn't mind showing the haircuts, plz. I want to learn more about pruning before flowering....
I'm removing all the offshoots up to the growing tip leaving the last 3 because they are small. Leaving the fan leaves but removing the ones growing into the middle of the plant for airflow as needed. I have also removed the bottom 2 fans from most of the branches. How much will depend on the plant.

Here is what I mean. Before and after at each node leaving only the 3 newest nodes untouched. Some only 2 depends on the plant.

Before
IMG 20200625 161358

After
IMG 20200625 161429

I stole the tip from @Dirtbag he strips right to the tip. But with small plants I'm testing this out for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom