Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Now that you're getting dirty, search "pour through method" as opposed to slurry. The commercial (non cannabis) growers know a thing or two. 😉
I'll go get me strainer if I'm thinking correctly.. still used distilled?

Got it... I planned on this continually as the grow progresses.

I think with a starting soil pH of 6 I will be good. Using tap so and I feel 6-6.2 will be a good place to start. If I'm fertigating properly the ph should never go down. Bit it may go up a bit. I also have RO if I see Theis and need to switch mid grow

Last edited:
mancorn

mancorn

I'll go get me strainer if I'm thinking correctly.. still used distilled?
Actually you use whatever you use for feeding, which is what you want during the first saturation pour - but only to first runoff. Then in the 2nd pour (after about an hour) I'm not sure it matters, as it's just a displacement to push the earlier irrigation water out (and why that pour is fairly small). I just use the same water as the first saturation. (Or use the lazy technique of just tipping the pot after 1/2 hour).

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Actually you use whatever you use for feeding, which is what you want during the first saturation pour - but only to first runoff. Then in the 2nd pour (after about an hour) I'm not sure it matters, as it's just a displacement to push the earlier irrigation water out (and why that pour is fairly small). I just use the same water as the first saturation. (Or use the lazy technique of just tipping the pot after 1/2 hour).
Yup I got ya. Thanks for the info man.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Second slurry 4 parts sunshine 4 and 1 part vermiculite ph 6.1

I had a feeling vermiculite would raise ph with the silica content. It is possible it's just a variance of samples but either way I'm good with this. So 4 parts to 1 sunshine/vermiculite. So added 20% vermiculite.

Now I have the tough decision of beans. I have some of a forum members at a friends. Time to go through and pick.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I think it is the climate and proximity to the atlantic ocean.

And the good pizza is only in the northeast. Not all down the coast.

Florida pizza was terrible even when cooked by new yorkers.

Must be like a fine scotch, something to do with the winds. Can't speak much more about it as I've never had legit NE pizza, but there's some good NY-inspired pizza joints in my area that def blow the big chains outta the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom