• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I'm down for trading and helping members with what i have. The gelato 33 are all @lilnew those i will only do with what he wishes because he gifted em to this grow. Not sure if he wishes to sell clones or possibly look at making some fem seeds but its up to him. Everything else is fair game to whoever wants or needs a cut in Canada. Would ship to the US but legalities.
I would be down to trade on US side if anyone is interested. The idea of a forum all growing out and working on a strain sounds really cool.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Sacred Tree Organic Farms
Supporter
I go be recommendation. I was happy to see the reaction of the guy in my thread about where I bought my seeds. I will probably just use them again.
Did you get a clone of his original Mac1?
not sure! Came from a grower and owner of Grow Generations in Denver. I know it a capulator cut but it’s Mac & Cheese #8. I’m trying to get in this side of the game tho so put me on!

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
maybe next year we'll do something together? i will be having more "rare" strains for sell to add to the lineup...but lets see how the gelato 33 are first...if they are crap we don't wanna sell any crap to ppl...but ya...they definitely don't cost like "crap" seeds...lol
I’m honestly looking for a male braincake🤤

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Yessir, CO grower here with some heat genetics. Lmk if interested I’ll give u info on breeder/genetics.
I was thinking something more along the lines of a forum made creation. I have a male I want to cross with the strains I have and grow out those F1's to see what comes of it. The problem is I can't realistically grow out the numbers of plants required for legit breeding... but that's where the power of numbers/forum peeps come in right? If a bunch of us grow out the seeds and collectively decide to only pick for certain phenotypes we get a much better pool of genes to look at. The we can start back crossing those cuts and start the process anew. Idk just a fantasy of mine 🤔

🌱

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
But then again I heard a very reputable OR breeder argue that male pollen is "useless" because its just a "mystery" really as to the traits it carries. He claimed that crossing selfed fems is the future and I'm not qualified enough to agree or disagree with that, but it sounds like a good argument.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
But then again I heard a very reputable OR breeder argue that male pollen is "useless" because its just a "mystery" really as to the traits it carries. He claimed that crossing selfed fems is the future and I'm not qualified enough to agree or disagree with that, but it sounds like a good argument.
Ahhhhh so phasing out F1’s etc.? How does selfing occur? Is it only by stressing a female? Bc at that point I feel you only get Hermed genetics but the farther down you cross the more stable the genetic becomes. I’m very new to breeding and terminology, but a strong fast learner. I work in a grow out here too as well as my home grows. So let’s put our heads together and make it happen! Pvt message me so we can exchange info and more details on stuff! Let’s get @Aqua Man and @Chad.Westport involved if they’re in! These guys are legit too. “Farmer’s Forum Cut”

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Ahhhhh so phasing out F1’s etc.? How does selfing occur? Is it only by stressing a female? Bc at that point I feel you only get Hermed genetics but the farther down you cross the more stable the genetic becomes. I’m very new to breeding and terminology, but a strong fast learner. I work in a grow out here too as well as my home grows. So let’s put our heads together and make it happen! Pvt message me so we can exchange info and more details on stuff! Let’s get @Aqua Man and @Chad.Westport involved if they’re in! These guys are legit too. “Farmer’s Forum Cut”
Yeah I'll hit u up and possibly start a thread, don't want to hijack his 👍

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I have zero experience breeding. I wound up with an insanely vigorous, bushy, smelly male in a tragic accident and I want to turn it into a positive/learning experience. Plus I want lots of free seeds 🤣 but growing out regs is a pain in the butt for me due to limited space. Eventually I want to try colloidal silver to convert select females but I have so much to learn first.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
It's an interesting question....but I just wonder what happens if you try to continue such a line. Seems like something happens with genetic diversity somewhere in there but I don't have anything more than a hunch on it.

The question of male selection and being "useless" is kind of funny. Like obviously selecting males has always been the hard part lol. That's the real selection headache that makes breeding so special to me. I just hear Shantibaba in my head.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Collective breeding sounds like code for orgy 😂
I'm gonna just leave that alone lol.
Males being a crap shoot is starting to make sense. If you look at some of the breeders, say Bodhi, he Tends to use the same male a lot of times. Go figure!!!
Yeah that does. I'm gonna start doing some reading today to see what I would be in for. I have a feeling after some education on the subject its not going to be an easy task.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Male breeding takes a keen eye for traits and a sound knowledge of actual genetic science. But with enough backcrossing and outbred diversity within the genome it is possible to identify males that carry the desirable traits.

The idea of breeders phasing out male breeding and only working with selfed pollen terrifies me honestly. Maybe because I don't know enough about it? Or maybe its because it smells like breeders are just looking for a way to more easily patent plants. The next thing will be patented feminized seeds that grow sterile buds that can't even be pollinated. Just wait..

I've been on a bit of a natural streak lately and this line of thinking doesn't sit well with me.

Anthem

Anthem

I'm gonna just leave that alone lol.

Yeah that does. I'm gonna start doing some reading today to see what I would be in for. I have a feeling after some education on the subject its not going to be an easy task.
I am seeing a lot of stuff crossed with BX1 out in Cali. Dragon flame is using that one as well. Wonder if we could get some info from Dragon Flame about BX1.

amekins

amekins

Male breeding takes a keen eye for traits and a sound knowledge of actual genetic science. But with enough backcrossing and outbred diversity within the genome it is possible to identify males that carry the desirable traits.

The idea of breeders phasing out male breeding and only working with selfed pollen terrifies me honestly. Maybe because I don't know enough about it? Or maybe its because it smells like breeders are just looking for a way to more easily patent plants. The next thing will be patented feminized seeds that grow sterile buds that can't even be pollinated. Just wait..

I've been on a bit of a natural streak lately and this line of thinking doesn't sit well with me.
I don’t think you’re far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom