Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thats exacrly what the added uvb is for. To stimulate the plant to produce more trichome thc oil. Thats the sunscreen.

What puzzles me is we can increase thc with a couple weeks only at the end of uvb but it does not increase from the sun for harvest. If anything like you said its less intense.
Because it's a stress response and given time to adapt to the stress its... well longer stressful

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh yes intensity is there but much less blue. That affects co2 exchange and stomatal openings.

You probably still have more blue. All your diodes are blue phosphor. Some of the gavitas are reds.

They have barely made a dent in the spectrums yet. And the red diodes are far less intense than the “white” ones.

You complain about stretch with your 3k led but it is nothing like the stretch from a 2700k hps.

Color temp is not an accurate indicator of that. Actual spectrum given is. And no led lamp looks like an hps spectrum. Too full. So really all are closer to daylight spectrum.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

More food for thought on UBA UVB. I will also post the red for those interested.

Cannabinoids
Cannabinoids are synthesized in secretory cells inside glandular trichomes, which are highly concentrated in unfertilized female flowers before senescence (Potter, 2004, 2009). Shoyama et al. (2008) found that cell death was induced when cannabis leaves secrete cannabinoids from glandular trichomes into leaf tissue. Lydon et al. (1987) reported increased THC concentrations when cannabis plants were grown with supplemental UV-B radiation, suggesting that cannabinoids may play some role in UV protection. Limited published research exists on the role of cannabinoids in cannabis plants.

Flavonoids
Flavonoids are sensitive to light quality, and flavonoid concentrations in plants are higher when grown under UV, blue, and FR light treatment (Fu et al., 2016; Pedroso et al., 2017; Liu et al., 2018). The two-ring, 15-carbon, general structure of flavonoids makes this group structurally and functionally diverse. Flavonoids comprise many classes (flavonols, flavones, flavanones, anthocyanins, and isoflavonoids) that are defined by various accessory groups attached to the central 15-carbon skeleton (Iwashina, 2000). This allows for their important roles as pollinator and feeding attractants, oviposition stimulants, and feeding deterrents, as well as in plant disease resistance and managing light stress (Hamamura et al., 1962; Ingham, 1972; Arakawa et al., 1985; Noh and Spalding, 1998; Nishida, 2005; Goff and Klee, 2006). Optimal lighting systems for cannabis growth and production must include an optimal light spectrum for flavonoid production. UV, blue, and FR are beneficial wavelengths that should be given greater consideration.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You probably still have more blue. All your diodes are blue phosphor. Some of the gavitas are reds.

They have barely made a dent in the spectrums yet. And the red diodes are far less intense than the “white” ones.

You complain about stretch with your 3k led but it is nothing like the stretch from a 2700k hps.

Color temp is not an accurate indicator of that. Actual spectrum given is. And no led lamp looks like an hps spectrum. Too full. So really all are closer to daylight spectrum.
The amount of stretch I see would indicate not much blue but I could be wrong.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok try again. Red.

Red (~625–700 nm) and Far-Red (> 700 nm) Light
Red light impacts photomorphogenesis, leaf nutrient content, and stem growth. It is essential for chlorophyll synthesis and for straightening the epicotyl or hypocotyl hook of dicot seedlings (McNellis and Deng, 1995; Goins et al., 1997; Poudel et al., 2008; Johkan et al., 2012). These processes are under the influence of phytochrome control. Phytochrome is sensitive to red (~650–670 nm) light and far-red (FR) light (~705–740 nm), and to a lesser extent, blue light (~400–500 nm). For any one phytochrome, there exists a photoequilibrium of two interconvertible forms, red and FR absorbing forms (also known as Pr and Pfr, respectively). Pfr is the active form of phytochrome and it elicits physiological responses (Shinomura et al., 2000). Pr, the other form of phytochrome, is the inactive form that switches to Pfr upon absorbing ~650–670 nm light (Nagatani, 2010; Folta and Carvalho, 2015). In long day plants, various experiments suggest that flowering is promoted mostly when red light (or light creating a high Pfr/Pr ratio) is delivered during the early part of the photoperiod and when FR light (or light creating a lower Pfr/Pr ratio) is delivered toward the end of the photoperiod (Lane et al., 1965; Evans, 1976; Kadman-Zahavi and Ephrat, 1976; Thomas and Vince-Prue, 1996). However, certain cannabis genotypes such as “G-170” are insensitive to changes in the R:FR ratio, and no effect on flowering has been observed (Magagnini et al., 2018). The authors concluded that a low R:FR ratio during a long photoperiod (18 h light, 6 h dark/vegetative stage) is beneficial to the development of mature cuttings, contradicting popular belief in the cannabis industry.

The effect of red light on plant physiology has been investigated (Poudel et al., 2008; Vu et al., 2014). Poudel et al. (2008) reported that red light induced an increase in rooting percentage and root numbers in grape (Vitis vinifera) plants. Wu and Lin (2012) showed that king protea (Protea cynaroides L.) plantlets grown in red light produce a higher number of roots and new leaves. Vu et al. (2014) reported that “Lapito” tomato plants grown solely under red LED light produce a higher total root surface area, length, and number of root tips in comparison with other light treatments. Lower leaf nitrogen content was found in rice (Oryza sativa L.) and spinach (Spinacia oleracea L., cv. Megaton) grown under red light treatment (Matsuda et al., 2004; Ohashi et al., 2005; Matsuda et al., 2007). In addition, photosynthetic rate reductions observed for plants grown under red light are reportedly due to stomata being controlled more by blue light than by red light (Sharkey and Raschke, 1981; Zeiger, 1984; Bukhov et al., 1996).

Red light further regulates flowering quality, quantity, and flowering duration (Bula et al., 1991; Tennessen et al., 1994). According to Guo et al. (1998) and Thomas and Vince-Prue (1996), inhibition of flowering with red light is effected by red light receptors including phytochromes (Kelly and Lagarias, 1985). The number of visible flower buds in marigold plants was approximately five times higher when grown with fluorescent light supplemented with red LEDs, as well as under fluorescent light, when compared to monochromatic blue or red light. No flower buds formed in salvia plants when grown under monochromic blue or red light or when fluorescent light supplemented with FR light was used for marigold (Tagetes minuta) plants.

Plants grown under canopy shade conditions or in the proximity of other plants show a range of responses to changes in R:FR ratios of ambient light. This response, known as shade avoidance or the near neighbor detection response, is characterized by an acceleration of flowering time (i.e., becoming visible within the expanded floral bud) and rapid elongation of stems and leaves (Halliday et al., 1994; Smith, 1994). Kasperbauer (1988) determined that FR light reflected from neighboring seedlings increased the R:FR ratio plants received, inducing a density-dependent increase in stem length, chloroplast content, chlorophyll a/b ratio, and CO2 fixation rate, along with decreased leaf thickness. In recent years, the effect of FR light (or a low R:FR ratio) has been intensively investigated in different plant species and development stages (Li and Kubota, 2009; Finlayson et al., 2010; Mickens et al., 2018; Park and Runkle, 2018). Supplemental FR treatments increased dry mass for many greenhouse crops during vegetative development (Hogewoning et al., 2012; Lee et al., 2016; Mickens et al., 2018; Park and Runkle, 2018), but conflicting results on leaf area were reported. Hogewoning et al. (2012) reported no significant difference in leaf area for tomato (L. esculentum “Mecano”) and cucumber (Cucumis sativus “Venice”), whereas an increase in leaf area was observed for lettuce, petunia (Petunia × hybrida), geranium (Pelargonium × hortorum), and coleus (Solenostemon scutellariodes) (Lee et al., 2016; Mickens et al., 2018; Park and Runkle, 2018). Such differences in leaf area responses among species are still unknown and need to be addressed. For an extensive examination of FR light, the reader is referred to a recent review (Demotes-Mainard et al., 2016).

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah it makes them stretch more than usual. First time I used it my well known strains looked totally different, internodal spacing was about 50% greater on average. Its from the gibberellins in the massive.
Lol well fuck no wonder. Here i am bitchin about my 3k and how stretchy they fuckin are. They do normally stretch but this time has been a particularly big pita. Never had em stretch so much they fall over.

That's at an extremely small dose too. I wouldn't attribute it all to it as the 3k they always stretch but never had them stretch to the point of falling over.

Anthem

Anthem

Yeah it makes them stretch more than usual. First time I used it my well known strains looked totally different, internodal spacing was about 50% greater on average. Its from the gibberellins in the massive.
Glad I asked that as a question, I am going to try this stuff https://www.ebay.com/itm/114452700429. I was told to use it in flower and once you get the plants to the height you want throw it in and they will stop stretching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom