Aquamist IV - Aeroponics questions.

• Thread starter DND
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DND

I'm sure you have all seen or heard about the Aquamist systems as seen in Seemorebuds 15lbs in 80 days !?? Well, after I seen it I was impressed and dead set on buying the 2x2 systems rather than the 4x2 systems known as the Aquamist IV. I bought 4 and chose this system so I can start a perpetual garden. Plan is to harvest one system every 2 weeks.

Anyhow, I've had them for about 2 weeks and finally broke them out the last couple of days to get a feel for them. What concerned me right off of the bat was the water distribution. I noticed that the sprayed wasn't even touching the bottom of the net-pots which from my experience would cause trouble.I know in Aero you just want tiny droplets touching your roots most of the time, right?

Now in the documentary with the Aquamist I, the roots seemed healthy and happy which confuses me. It was showed that they even cloned in this manner with 2" rockwool cubes in 2" netpots. How did this work of no water droplets ever touch the net-pots? Am I totally off here on my thinking?

So being the tinker-er that I am, I decided to modify the spray head design. Nothing to complicated, but I got what I wanted. I know I wont know real life results until I put them to use, but I would like to know what some of you educated stoners think.

Pictures speak a 1000 words, so I'll upload them after I finish the explanation. These are custom made (simple but effective) heads. I took the top cap off and cut off the lip so that it would no longer keep the spray from rising. Now the spray touches every net-pot with tiny droplets. Ok enough rambling...pics. Let me know if you think this was ever an issue or I'm just being dumb, that happens from time to time.

D

DND

Wow, this actually posted last night. I was having a hell of a time getting pics to upload, so here's another try.

Originalsprayer
Capmodified
Capoff
Originalsprayer running
Modifiedsprayer running
D

DND

Basically I cut off the lip of the top part on the sprayer. Can't really tell from the pictures of it running, but the first one is unmodified and the second is modified. The modified one sprays everywhere.

T

TekFarmer

Hi DND. Sorry that nobody responded to your post. I'm thinking of getting the exact same system as you describe above, buying 5-6 of the AquaMist IV's and using four of them for flowering, and one for vegetation, one for keeping a couple of hearty mothers going strong, and getting a harvest every two weeks. I've looked at the Aeroflo systems, but I've read on these forums that those tubes are a pain to clean out by hand in between the grows. I want simple, easy, but with total control, big yields, and the ability to tweak the property's of the plants by grouping... timing the grows as you say.

So, it's been about 4 months since you first wrote this post. How's it going out there?

Any advise on ordering the Aquamist so that I don't encounter the same sprinkler issues that you encountered?

Thanks and cheers.

L

l0g1c4l

Hey DND, I'd say you improved on the system for sure! What you were thinking is correct, though there are a few other things at play as well. If the container is tight enough and the water level is high enough, the unmodified setup could work (especially if you have rockwool cubes that retain water well), though may not work as good as your modified setup!

B

brookstown

I love my aquamist just love it. what actually feeds the new clones or whatever is a very moist high humidty air. I run a few of these systems and I don' think its a flaw that it doesnt spray i think its by design by the height of the sprayer. You really don't want spray hitting your rockwool or whatever you use at the base of your plantl. That is the cheif cause of stem rot. The immediate root zone should be fairly dry aside mimimal wicking. Anyway i have a 2 of the 4x under one and pull atl least 1.5 per light. No chiller no root issues. set it on a float and forget it. Easiest thing in the world.

Top Bottom