Aquaponics Vs Hydroponics Vs Dirt?

• Thread starter untangle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

untangle

My grandfather was a dirt farmer and I've always grown my garden in dirt. I like dirt but I've been doing some research on Aquaponics and a little on Hydo. Does anyone have experience with growing weed in Aqua? I know many like Hdro but I'd like to find the best for me.
Untangle me please.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Suggest that you try a little side by side by side and see what feel good to you.

Early on, while trying to dial in my new climate, I did 2 dirt, 2 coco, and 2 DWC, from cuttings.
Highest yield was DWC, followed closely by coco.

The dirt was mixed for my by an old school, dirt farmer.
When I showed him the results, he switched to hydro. :).
I went back to coco, because the bubbling kept waking me up.

Aloha,
Wee 'zard

U

untangle

I was hoping someone has some experience with Aqua. The set up is spendy just for a test. Licencing growers in Oregon is still 13 months away so I don't want to get too committed yet.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

I was hoping someone has some experience with Aqua. The set up is spendy just for a test. Licencing growers in Oregon is still 13 months away so I don't want to get too committed yet.

Sorry.
Got no personal experience with the aqua.
But I did have a friend buy one and attempt to grow lettuce.

She says it started out fine, but as soon as there were too many roots, the chemistry went south and everything turned sickly.
Just one second hand story with variables, but, it's all I can offer.

Personally, I'm not impressed with it.
Very expensive for something you can easily do with scraps. IMO.

Aloha,
Weeze

U

untangle

If you buy from those Aqua sites they want your first-born but it can all be had much less expensive else where.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There are those who have tried and/or are doing aquaponic cannabis cultivation. It's still got a little tweaking I think, but folks are getting crops. Look up a cat named chazbolin for a thread on it.

Top Bottom