Aquarium Nutrients?

• Thread starter Jasper Geist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jasper Geist

Jasper Geist

Today, I was up at my local feed store looking for sea kelp and alfalfa. I noticed they had a large aquarium section and I had to just look at the fish! Love salt water tanks. Anyhow, I walked down an aisle and they had nutrients for Fresh and Salt water aquariums. PH ups and downs, calcium ppm tests, Nutrients and Zymes, etc... interesting stuff. It looked just like a Hydro shop. I noticed one bottle, 'Fluval Sea Trace Elements'. It has 11 essential trace elements for salt water. I got to looking at the back of it and was wondering if anyone has ever tried anything like this? Foliar spray? Drench?
Keep in mind, I'm just asking out of pure curiosity... whats interesting is the high concentration - as in, use 5ml per 50 gal!
Here's a pict of the back of the bottle:

Fluval sea

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Today, I was up at my local feed store looking for sea kelp and alfalfa. I noticed they had a large aquarium section and I had to just look at the fish! Love salt water tanks. Anyhow, I walked down an aisle and they had nutrients for Fresh and Salt water aquariums. PH ups and downs, calcium ppm tests, Nutrients and Zymes, etc... interesting stuff. It looked just like a Hydro shop. I noticed one bottle, 'Fluval Sea Trace Elements'. It has 11 essential trace elements for salt water. I got to looking at the back of it and was wondering if anyone has ever tried anything like this? Foliar spray? Drench?
Keep in mind, I'm just asking out of pure curiosity... whats interesting is the high concentration - as in, use 5ml per 50 gal!
Here's a pict of the back of the bottle:

View attachment 665674
Well that might help for micro elements but you would still need your macro elements

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This thread's timing is funny. I've just set up three small betta tanks with live plants and I was looking at the aquatic plant ferts and thinking, "I wonder if I can just use my ag stuff."

I use a product called Sea-90 to very good results. I think it's much less expensive than this Hagen product. It's a dry product derived from seawater with a good portion of the NaCl removed. It doesn't even get hot like sea water salt mixes do if you drop water onto them. Also, it doesn't burn my arms. Spending all the years I did in the trade caused some sensitivities, one of the worst is to dry salt mixes and salt creep, drives me NUTS!

In the meantime, I'm probably just gonna use some Flora tabs in my little betta tanks. :)

Top Bottom