Arctic Alpine 11 Plus Questions

• Thread starter BDGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BDGrows

BDGrows

Would it be a good idea to mount a cxb3590 on an Arctic Alpine 11 plus? Would that supply sufficient active cooling for that size cob? And finally, if its a 12v .25A fan, could I put 4 of these in a fan hub then use a 12v 1A DC/AC wall wart and it would work? Thanks for the help everyone!

- BD

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
How hot they get depends on how hard you push them, I have 3590s with passive heat sinks with no fans.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
@sixstring or @REALSTYLES would be the ones to ask about that, I would think that any heatsink with a fan that it would fit onto correctly would cool it unless you were pushing it to 100watts or more.

Reactions: km1
REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

@sixstring or @REALSTYLES would be the ones to ask about that, I would think that any heatsink with a fan that it would fit onto correctly would cool it unless you were pushing it to 100watts or more.
What did you say about me lol. I'd go passive sinks at the current trying to be ran.

sixstring

sixstring

Would it be a good idea to mount a cxb3590 on an Arctic Alpine 11 plus? Would that supply sufficient active cooling for that size cob? And finally, if its a 12v .25A fan, could I put 4 of these in a fan hub then use a 12v 1A DC/AC wall wart and it would work? Thanks for the help everyone!

- BD
lots of people use those artics for cobs,they work fine.and the answer to your fan question is yes.post up your build pics when your finished,peace

oregonized

oregonized

- BD

Well if you are going to be using a holder for the 3590, it might be a real tight fit. These aren,t entirely flat as you are probably aware....I had just enough space with 3070s and the holders....

But I would have no problem hanging 100w or more from single arctic, they are 400 gram slug beasts.

But mechatronix is an easier active solution too....no drilling etc....

Yes the wall wart at 1a will power 250ma fans when wired in Parallel. Peace.

BDGrows

BDGrows

Well if you are going to be using a holder for the 3590, it might be a real tight fit. These aren,t entirely flat as you are probably aware....I had just enough space with 3070s and the holders....

But I would have no problem hanging 100w or more from single arctic, they are 400 gram slug beasts.

But mechatronix is an easier active solution too....no drilling etc....

Yes the wall wart at 1a will power 250ma fans when wired in Parallel. Peace.

Sadly, after I purchased the heat sinks I realized my mistake. I was thinking of putting all 4 cobs on L angled aluminum pieces (30"x4") and using the thickness of the aluminum (1/4") in order to give myself a flatter surface area to mount the cob holder onto. Now i am just trying to figure out if I blew the shit out of my fan or not haha. Thanks for the help everyone!

Top Bottom