Arduino controlled ac unit

• Thread starter TurboTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TurboTHC

TurboTHC

So i bought portable ac unit and i would like to make the thing More automated and stuff. For example set timer for it same time as lights and also use the dehumidifying option of that unit, since it cant be used same time as cooling. So i was thinking if i connect arduino to the buttons so i would kinda piggyback off of the original interface.
Has anyone done anything similar? Any help and feedback

Anthem

Anthem

So i bought portable ac unit and i would like to make the thing More automated and stuff. For example set timer for it same time as lights and also use the dehumidifying option of that unit, since it cant be used same time as cooling. So i was thinking if i connect arduino to the buttons so i would kinda piggyback off of the original interface.
Has anyone done anything similar? Any help and feedback
I do not believe you will have much success with what you are trying to do with the unit. I am not stating the way you are trying to control the unit. The challenge is going to be trying to use the unit to do double duty at times when you need both dehumidification and cooling. In a sealed environment the dehumidifier goes on regularly with lights on and also with lights off. Trying to do one operation at a time for a specific amount of time and switch to another operation is not going to work out in the long run.

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

That unit Has 12000btu of cooling and i am using it to cool 4x4 tent so its way overpowered and the cooling program is running only like 50% of the time. Turns on every now and yhen when the temperature gets too high. So if i had the arduino set up i could make it switch programs when the tent is cool enough and has too high humidity. Now when i have been running the setup empty for a while the humidity goes ovet 60% and i think thats littlebit too much.

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

Maybe even less than 50% of the time. I havent timed it or anything

mrclownprince

mrclownprince

Would be easier if said unit had simple buttons vs digital controlled. You would have to open up control panel. Also measure voltage the unit controls might be 3.3v or 5v. The arduino is 5v if I remember correctly (doesnt happen often).

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

I have opened the unit and the control panel Has just simple buttons that i can solder in the back side. One button scrolls trought all the operating modes, then theres off/on button and timer button and temperature up and down buttons. Also fan speed button. I think it would be pritty simple arduino code, just pin out to the buttons and set temperature /humidity bounderies etc

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

I think it would be cool some day to connect the whole tent to WiFi and be able to monitor and controll everything from my Phone. Maybe some day šŸ˜ still pritty new to arduino etc but i have seen other ppl doing similar things so it isnt impossible

Latest posts

Top Bottom