Are 2 10 watt light’s sufficient for seedlings?

• Thread starter Newbgrower1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

So I want to pop some new seeds but still need to dry my current harvest. I have 2 10 watt leds I can set up on my kitchen counter until I can get them in my closet. Do you guys think that’s enough to start?

Greenyos

Greenyos

I use an 18w led bulb at 8 inches for 4 seedlings. Use it for roughly 3 weeks until transplant. Just keep the distance as close as you can without stressing them.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks I’m doing autos so no transplant but I get what you’re saying. Appreciate the advice.
You don't transplant autos because they've no time to recover from shock.... if you don't shock them during transplant they don't know they've been transplanted... I think the deal is new growers no very little about the whole process and mishandling them in transplanting is easy to do so best advice is leave them alone but its not a hard fact.....just best advice for novices...

Greenyos

Greenyos

I do 18/6 but I do photos, I have heard a lot of auto folks run that also.
@Newbegrower.. How many seedlings and in what size pots will ultimately decide if those will be sufficient or not.. either way , good luck.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I do 18/6 but I do photos, I have heard a lot of auto folks run that also.
@Newbegrower.. How many seedlings and in what size pots will ultimately decide if those will be sufficient or not.. either way , good luck.
Thank you. Good point I don’t know if two will fit under those lights. I’m probably going to do 2 gallon pots.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

You don't transplant autos because they've no time to recover from shock.... if you don't shock them during transplant they don't know they've been transplanted... I think the deal is new growers no very little about the whole process and mishandling them in transplanting is easy to do so best advice is leave them alone but its not a hard fact.....just best advice for novices...
Makes sense. Maybe I’ll try one transplant one 2ga. And see how it goes. I have extra seeds. Gotta learn somehow lol. Im usually very careful with things like this so we’ll see. I’ve had vegetable gardens for years and have a lot of house plants so im confident.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Makes sense. Maybe I’ll try one transplant one 2ga. And see how it goes. I have extra seeds. Gotta learn somehow lol. Im usually very careful with things like this so we’ll see. I’ve had vegetable gardens for years and have a lot of house plants so im confident.
I wait until there is a large enough root mass I
( estimate with experience ) 2 weeks + in solo cup then let dry enough so the soil and roots come out in one mass then gently place in a pre made hole, mycos on the roots or & or in the hole won't hurt..gently tap soil into place and add water to seat the new plant into its new home....grow as usual ....

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I wait until there is a large enough root mass I
( estimate with experience ) 2 weeks + in solo cup then let dry enough so the soil and roots come out in one mass then gently place in a pre made hole, mycos on the roots or & or in the hole won't hurt..gently tap soil into place and add water to seat the new plant into its new home....grow as usual ....
Thank you appreciate the help

mrsdabfire

mrsdabfire

Supporter
Yes, 2 10-watt lights can provide enough light for cannabis seedlings. However, it depends on the size of the area you are trying to cover and the specific needs of your plants.

Seedlings require less light than mature plants, so lower wattage bulbs can be enough. But, it's crucial to make sure that the light spectrum is suitable for the growth stage and that the distance between the light and the plants is appropriate. This is important to prevent the plants from burning or being stunted.

If you're using LED lights, you can check the manufacturer's recommendations for coverage area and optimal distance from the plants. But, if you're using other types of lights, you may need to experiment to find the right balance of light intensity and distance for your seedlings.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Yes, 2 10-watt lights can provide enough light for cannabis seedlings. However, it depends on the size of the area you are trying to cover and the specific needs of your plants.

Seedlings require less light than mature plants, so lower wattage bulbs can be enough. But, it's crucial to make sure that the light spectrum is suitable for the growth stage and that the distance between the light and the plants is appropriate. This is important to prevent the plants from burning or being stunted.

If you're using LED lights, you can check the manufacturer's recommendations for coverage area and optimal distance from the plants. But, if you're using other types of lights, you may need to experiment to find the right balance of light intensity and distance for your seedlings.
Thank you very much. I appreciate all the good info.
P.s. awesome name lol

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

yeah that's enough for start.
I run 16/8 for veg and auto.

i had a few small box with low wattage even a single bulb could be sufficient.
Here some exemple of box i have used for seedlings, clones and flowering small cup as well as micro breeding with colloidal silver
1739450 quick caramel xl f1 grow journal by vvincecustomquick caramel xl f1

That's the kind of led bulb you can use.
DSC01343

i also had a bigger space in a tent with just 4x10W linear led where i used to keep some bonsaï mothers, clones and seedlings.

1739450 quick caramel xl f1 grow jock caramel xl f1 1

Reglette led

Fluo bulbs work well also for veg.

Last edited:
Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

yeah that's enough for start.
I run 16/8 for veg and auto.

i had a few small box with low wattage even a single bulb could be sufficient.
Here some exemple of box i have used for seedlings, clones and flowering small cup as well as micro breeding with colloidal silver
View attachment 1338140
That's the kind of led bulb you can use.
View attachment 1338141

i also had a bigger space in a tent with just 4x10W linear led where i used to keep some bonsaï mothers, clones and seedlings.

View attachment 1338139
View attachment 1338142
Fluo bulbs work well also for veg.
I like that little box idea. Thanks for the info.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
So I want to pop some new seeds but still need to dry my current harvest. I have 2 10 watt leds I can set up on my kitchen counter until I can get them in my closet. Do you guys think that’s enough to start?
Yeah these are sufficient given the right distance until they grow bigger and out of the footprint of these LEDs. If you wanna boost it you can give them a longer day (up to 24/0 but autos are usually grown under 20/4) and if these lamps have a dome, remove that to get about 20% more light. With dome, which acts as a diffusor, you can really put it close, about 5-10cm, of each of the seedlings to make the most out of it.

With autos, you gotta have a good start or you loose some harvest.

Top Bottom