Are all Air Cool Hoods the same?

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

hey guys,

I'm about to start up a small set up for my friend and I'm just wondering if all hoods the same. I went with the priciest hoods which I could get my hands on when I first started ( the Ocho ) and now looking back, not sure if that was the greatest idea.

What make a 200 dollar hood better than a smaller 100 dollar hood if I use the same light bulb. Wouldnt the coverage area be the same regardless of the size of the hoods?

F

FromGROtoFLO

No, I run the Magnum XXXL 8" hoods. At 18"s away you standard hood covers a 4x4 footprint the super hoods like the magnums and the raptors can cover a 5x5 area.

Take it from first hand experience....I have a room full of 9 radiant 8's then i set my second room up with all magnums - NIGHT and DAY.

When looking at hoods it not only spread...hot spots? air flow? footprint? size?
Your research into the proper hood also needs to coincide with the rest of your room.

M

MaineWeed

Ive done open hood and vertical grows before and the luck&output is as stated above night & day compared to a fan cooled hood BUT not only in production but also ease of use and problems

Top Bottom