Are cloning autos worth it?

• Thread starter Nellyyortiz9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

So I decided I wanted to keep a mother plant (blue dream) and I took a handful of cuttings. Little did I know that they were auto flowers. Didn’t find out until 1 month into veg. I guess the “reputable” seed bank mixed things up. My question is..should I continue to clone the autos or just forget it and not waste my time.
I’d hate to waste material if it’s not worth it

Are cloning autos worth it
Are cloning autos worth it 2
Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

When I found out that they were autos I was really upset, only cuz I wanted a mother
I had a plan to take cutting after cutting and just have blue dream all over the place...but my blue dream was shot : (

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah its impossible to keep a clone of an auto. Just finish them out and make the best out of it. Sucks that they fucked up but hey look on the bright side maybe the herb will turn out dank!

Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

Yeah its impossible to keep a clone of an auto. Just finish them out and make the best out of it. Sucks that they fucked up but hey look on the bright side maybe the herb will turn out dank!
I really do hope so. My first grow was an auto. It was a learning experience so I don’t think I got as potent as I should have but I seriously did not want autos lol.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Regular autos last longer?
No what I think he was referring to is the ability that the regular autos give you to make an unlimited seed supply. With feminized seeds once you grow out all the seeds thats it your done you need to buy more seeds. With regular auto seeds you can always let a male pollinate a female to create the next generation of seeds. In theory you can do this indefinitely so long as you periodically grow your old seed stock out and replace it with fresh seeds. I do this all the time I have a ton of regular sex auto crosses.

Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

No what I think he was referring to is the ability that the regular autos give you to make an unlimited seed supply. With feminized seeds once you grow out all the seeds thats it your done you need to buy more seeds. With regular auto seeds you can always let a male pollinate a female to create the next generation of seeds. In theory you can do this indefinitely so long as you periodically grow your old seed stock out and replace it with fresh seeds. I do this all the time I have a ton of regular sex auto crosses.
Wow. I’m going to need some more info on all that. That’s a few step above me right now

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Wow. I’m going to need some more info on all that. That’s a few step above me right now
Yeah man if your a newbie than breeding is a whole other thing man your not quite there yet. Gotta learn how to grow plants at an adequate level first then you can start creating your own seed stock. Its actually quite simple... You take the best and strongest female and the best male and you put them in isolation together in a separate grow tent. Then you just let them grow out. It's that simple your female plant will be full of seeds at the end.

That first cross is easy but stabilizing and isolating a strain is the difficult part. That is best left to the pros.

Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

Yeah man if your a newbie than breeding is a whole other thing man your not quite there yet. Gotta learn how to grow plants at an adequate level first then you can start creating your own seed stock. Its actually quite simple... You take the best and strongest female and the best male and you put them in isolation together in a separate grow tent. Then you just let them grow out. It's that simple your female plant will be full of seeds at the end.

That first cross is easy but stabilizing and isolating a strain is the difficult part. That is best left to the pros.
So the female plant that’s full of seeds?...those seeds are all going to be female?
I thought that when you have a male..it turns all the others male?
For instance, I threw out a gelato the other day due to bananas. Should I have kept it and do what you were saying?
Please don’t tell me I should have kept it lol

the rrock

the rrock

So the female plant that’s full of seeds?...those seeds are all going to be female?
For instance, I threw out a gelato the other day due to bananas. Should I have kept it and do what you were saying?
should have kept it,bud

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

No not quite. So when a male plant and a female plant love each other very much.... jk lol. This is like explaining the birds and the bees of plant sex and that shit just made me laugh out loud. Im an idiot btw...

OK so in all serious now. So generally speaking when a male plant and a female plant are left on their own to create seeds there will be a mix. It's kind of like people some of the seeds will be male and some of the seeds will be female. This is the way it is in nature. Sometimes there will be slight differences between strains, for instance some strains may have 50%m/50%f while other strains may have like 40%m/60%f. It will vary but the point is normally you wil get a mix of males and females. These are called regular sex seeds. These are what I prefer because in the future if I choose to create more seeds I can do that.

Now moving on to Feminized seeds. This is something completely different. This is done by people or seed companies that want to create all female seeds. Obviously when we grow bud for consumption it is only the females that ultimately we want. Since this is the case the breeders can use special techniques in order to trick nature into creating all female seeds. Breeders can use techniques such as the usage of Colloidal Silver in order to create feminized pollen. Without getting too deep into this lets just say that it is very doable and I myself have created feminized seeds before. I personally believe there is nothing wrong with this if you choose to do it for your own personal use. Hard core traditionalist will frown on feminized seeds because the lack of male genetics in the gene pool over time can create inbreeding issues. It makes the plants more susceptible to a condition called hermaphroditism. This is a problem revolving around inbreeding. For instance the problem you had with the plant throwing nanners that could very well be due to a pinched gene pool. In nature there is always fresh new genetics of males and females breeding together which diversifies the gene pool and makes for stronger vigor and overall health.

Wow that was much more than I was planning on typing. I guess this turned into todays plant sex 101 lesson ha ha 😂

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Oh and yes you should have kept that plant because you could have just cut out those pollen nanners. It would have been no harm no foul. You live and learn man.

Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

No not quite. So when a male plant and a female plant love each other very much.... jk lol. This is like explaining the birds and the bees of plant sex and that shit just made me laugh out loud. Im an idiot btw...

OK so in all serious now. So generally speaking when a male plant and a female plant are left on their own to create seeds there will be a mix. It's kind of like people some of the seeds will be male and some of the seeds will be female. This is the way it is in nature. Sometimes there will be slight differences between strains, for instance some strains may have 50%m/50%f while other strains may have like 40%m/60%f. It will vary but the point is normally you wil get a mix of males and females. These are called regular sex seeds. These are what I prefer because in the future if I choose to create more seeds I can do that.

Now moving on to Feminized seeds. This is something completely different. This is done by people or seed companies that want to create all female seeds. Obviously when we grow bud for consumption it is only the females that ultimately we want. Since this is the case the breeders can use special techniques in order to trick nature into creating all female seeds. Breeders can use techniques such as the usage of Colloidal Silver in order to create feminized pollen. Without getting too deep into this lets just say that it is very doable and I myself have created feminized seeds before. I personally believe there is nothing wrong with this if you choose to do it for your own personal use. Hard core traditionalist will frown on feminized seeds because the lack of male genetics in the gene pool over time can create inbreeding issues. It makes the plants more susceptible to a condition called hermaphroditism. This is a problem revolving around inbreeding. For instance the problem you had with the plant throwing nanners that could very well be due to a pinched gene pool. In nature there is always fresh new genetics of males and females breeding together which diversifies the gene pool and makes for stronger vigor and overall health.

Wow that was much more than I was planning on typing. I guess this turned into todays plant sex 101 lesson ha ha 😂
Very informative I need to know more but I’ll definitely read up on that
And yes, that was funny what you said in the beginning lol

Top Bottom