Are Envirilites any good for vegging?

• Thread starter forknowledge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
forknowledge

forknowledge

I usually transfer the rooted clones straight to flower & now Id like to increase yield by vegging the roooted clones in larger containers for around 2 - 4 weeks. Would a 200W (blue) Envirolite suffice?

Mud Man

Mud Man

yeah that would do fine, but i love the T5 range if you got spare cash..
8_bulb_T5_light_3a.jpg

convex

convex

There were premature failures with these bulbs in the past, hopefully they have that sorted now.

Whats the lifecycle of these bulbs?
I would think you would be changing it within a year due to lumen loss ...
200 W Enviro's at my local shop run about $80 - replace the bulb once and you could have grabbed a 250W MH for about the same cost.

Just a thought!

Cheers

forknowledge

forknowledge

Ive got the cash for T5s or even a MH but the veg area is in a very tiny cupboard so I have no choice but to use lighting which gives off as little heat as possible.

Thanks fellas.

Any more opinions?

forknowledge

forknowledge

Well the envirolites seem to be working well for my plants so Im gonna stick to it for now but maybe Ill upgrade to T5s in the near future. Thanks all for your help & comments.

7rayos

I've been using an envirolite 200 for the last three years, and for all the indoor vegging. I use it for a space of 2x3ft, and is still very good output, after about 10.000 hours of light. When i change it, i'll choose the same, but this one still has life in her and the lumen output doesn't appear lower (although i haven't measured it), it heats very little and plants just love it. I had a 400 a few years before, (think it was a MH) for a slightly bigger space and the results weren't better.
Surely there must be other options, but this baby does her job dutifully, best 50€ i've spent in a bulb.

Top Bottom