• Tagged users None

What do, /b/?

• Grow tent

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Modify current box

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get another box

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Make your own fucking tent you goddamn parasite.

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Wonderwaffle

Wonderwaffle

Hey guys, I'm on the fringe of purchasing a tent, but I'd like some opinions from the farm before I go for it.

Right now I'm rocking a cardboard box with aluminum foil lining it, and a few holes cut out for vent/air intake. I know for a fact that this is not 100% efficient in reflecting light, nor does it block light from coming in or out.
I could further modify this box to be more efficient, use another box altogether, buy a grow tent, OR salvage materials and create something nicer.

I'm all for diy work, but I don't know a damn thing about making my own tent.
What do you guys think? What have you used, and what would you have done differently?

Thanks for you input.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
The simple fact the you can run lights at night and ditch the ac makes it worth it... the 4x4x7 has come down in price a bunch and making is not always reliable for negative pressure. .. unless you know how to sew

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I rock a 5x10 tent for veg room. It's been in use for 4 yrs now. Was my flower room before. It is could have found an 8x12 tent, I'd bought that vs building a room. A tent I can put up myself, building a room I needed help.

I've owned 3x 4x4 tents also. Secret Jardin dr120. Top quality tents

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

You need a tent for support and stability to hang stuff from among many other things. Get one that ok quality if you try building it may just fall over or be so difficult to move. Who da hell knows.

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

I love my 3x3 secret jardin tent, its kinda small but for a personal medical garden it works great. I think I have done around 9-10 different grows in it with no issues, zipper still works. Years ago i bought a cheap china made 4x4 tent off ebay, used it once and sold it, it was junk. Ive also made a sweet box out of a smalll 4ft tall rubbermaid cabinet, it actually worked very well, I used it many times for starting beans, had a 5in computer fan and i cut a rectangle at the bottom, covered in mesh for a passive intake, also made a carbon filter out of those big metal pencil holders, some fish tank carbon and wrapped it with a nylon, zip tied and taped to the fan. It did the job. Had two 150w cfls in that badboy. But yea I like the grow tents. And like it was mentioned above, easy to do everything yourself.

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

You get what you pay for man, I really like the secret jardin tents and the hydrohuts also look very nice. I see the ones you are looking at are kinda short, dont forget the light hanging, fan and filter, so count that in and you might wanna go with a taller tent. And you want a good strong one that goes together well, thats some weight hangin in there.

Wonderwaffle

Wonderwaffle

You get what you pay for man, I really like the secret jardin tents and the hydrohuts also look very nice. I see the ones you are looking at are kinda short, dont forget the light hanging, fan and filter, so count that in and you might wanna go with a taller tent. And you want a good strong one that goes together well, thats some weight hangin in there.

those are mad beyond my budget. I'm in the larval stages of growing. If I get big into it I can flip and go bigger, but for now I'm cheapass mode.

These are made with PVC anyway, so I doubt it'll be too much of an issue.

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

those are mad beyond my budget. I'm in the larval stages of growing. If I get big into it I can flip and go bigger, but for now I'm cheapass mode.

These are made with PVC anyway, so I doubt it'll be too much of an issue.
I hear ya man, I'd still try to find one with a metal frame tho.

str8smokn

str8smokn

What kind of light are you using?
Think about heat space , as stated before 3' tall is not that big when you start adding pot height and light clearance.
STR8

iKharon

iKharon

4x4 veg 4x8 flower.. here's me take.. I go cheaper for veg, and more expensive for flower. Reason being, I don't give a rats ass about light leaks, and it still has a decent quality. Flower tent, go gorilla tent. Better quality, better zippers, no light leaks.

Dan789

Dan789

After last season I've moved down from the attic and left behind a bunch of headaches there. I've purchased two 4x4x7 apollo tents and they've made things much easier. Both were around $110 or so. Very happy with them and when shopping don't discount how nice the arched zippers at the entrance are. I'd buy them again in a second, nice tents, with extra floor and all metal poles with metal supports for lights, filter or whatever. Not as strong as a Gorrilla but way less expensive.

Wonderwaffle

Wonderwaffle

What kind of light are you using?
Think about heat space , as stated before 3' tall is not that big when you start adding pot height and light clearance.
STR8
UFO Led, 2 CFL's and a LED flood light. I've got an LED bulb coming in soon so that'll add to it.
In total I've got 5 sources of light.

Leew421

Leew421

I use a Gorilla lite 4x4 and I have an extension for it. I use it for veg. I have a Gorilla 5x9 and I have extensions to go up 9 feet for flower. I use an Apollo 4x4 for a dry tank.

Leew421

Leew421

So basically a tent allows for a lot of different environments in one room. If you have the space I say no worries to tents.

Wonderwaffle

Wonderwaffle

So basically a tent allows for a lot of different environments in one room. If you have the space I say no worries to tents.
Yeah I'm in a bit of a space bind currently. Soon I will probably have more room, which could then utilize the tent for veg or whatever the fuck.

Top Bottom