Are Grow Tents Worth It?

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Even beginner cannabis cultivators know plants need light, water, and nutritious soil to flourish. But what about a grow tent? Sure, these tents make indoor cultivation convenient, but do they qualify as a “necessity?”

While you could grow cannabis without a grow tent, it’s not the ideal scenario. Plants grown in high-quality indoor grow tents enjoy many advantages over their non-tented brethren. Indeed, weed that’s grown in a tent is so superior that many pro cultivators now consider indoor grow tents an essential piece of equipment.

Why Do Some Cultivators Doubt Indoor Grow Tents?

If weed grow tents are so beneficial, why do many new cultivators hesitate to buy one?

• Upfront Cost
Well, the most obvious issue most growers have is the upfront cost. If money is tight, you may feel like a grow tent is an “extra expenditure” that won’t significantly alter your yields. But the initial investment isn’t the only reason cultivators ask themselves, “Are grow tents worth it?”

• Space Limitation And Firmness
Another issue some cultivators have is they don’t feel they have enough space for a tent. People growing cannabis in cramped quarters often claim a grow tent won’t fit in their room. Many of these cultivators imagine indoor grow tents would be an encumbrance on their small-scale grow operations. Some cannabis growers have also raised concerns over whether weed grow tents could handle their lights, filters, and fans.

• Increase Light Efficiency?
Lastly, it’s common for new cultivators to be skeptical over just how much value tents could add to their ganja gardening. These critics often ask whether tents make a discernible difference in total cannabis yield. Some people have also questioned just how light-proof and smell-proof weed grow tents could be.

Weed Grow Tents Are A Necessity For Indoor Cultivation!

It’s understandable for new cannabis cultivators to question the many claims made about indoor grow tents. However, it’s crucial to recognize that the grow tents of today are more durable and easier to assemble than those of the past.
  • Multiple Size Design
As more people get curious about growing legal cannabis, companies design tents with weed in mind. You should have no issues finding a tent that fits even the tiniest of closets and handles the heaviest of lights.
  • Manage Your Grow Environment
Unquestionably, the most significant benefit of using an indoor grow tent is control. Well-threaded tents will help you adjust your grow space’s temperature, CO2 levels, and humidity with precision. Not only will these factors produce healthier plants, but they will also allow you to grow cannabis year-round rather than obstructed by seasons and weather.
  • Increased Light Intensity
Weed grow tents also have an interior reflective coating to maximize the intensity of your LED grow light – up to 25%! Nearly no light is supposed to leak out of the grow tent, which means more light and more food fed to plants. As a result, more yields are promised.

• Keep Pests out and odor inside
But it’s not just about controlling the interior environment that makes a grow tent valuable. Indeed, indoor grow tents are also great at keeping pests, mold, and pet hairs out of your grow space. Weed grow tents also significantly reduce the amount of light and odor that leaks out into your home. So, if you’re extra concerned about discretion, a grow tent is a must.

Grow Tents Are Always Worth It…If You’ve Got The Right Brand!

Of course, you won’t experience the full benefits of a grow tent if you purchase an inferior product. Just like shopping for LED grow lights, it’s essential to work with a brand that has a proven track record of producing superior indoor grow tents.

Are grow tents worth it
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

I know if i had the perfect house/rooms to grow in i wouldn't bother with a tent.

All depends on location i think, also each to their own, i like both but would prefer not to use a tent.

I would love to deck a room out with bulkheads that hold ducting inside, i would build it like a lab because i LOVE clean.😊

Treecutter

Treecutter

Individual rooms or individual tents in rooms? I do both but a tent is far less cheaper and more economical for smaller grows. I have one room that is fully set up to grow in but 80% of the time im running 4 different grows in tents in that room.

Thanks for the info spiderfarmer!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
just saying, for being such a "quality" manufacturer, if you can't run a basic spell check on content before pasting it into an infographic, it makes me personally question if you thoroughly quality check your electrical components @SpiderFarmerLED. not a good public image imo, speaking from the position of a once upon a time content marketer. personally i would edit the post with a new image with correct spelling, but that's just me.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

just saying, for being such a "quality" manufacturer, if you can't run a basic spell check on content before pasting it into an infographic, it makes me personally question if you thoroughly quality check your electrical components @SpiderFarmerLED. not a good public image imo, speaking from the position of a once upon a time content marketer. personally i would edit the post with a new image with correct spelling, but that's just me.
He he i normally do typos like those when I'm a little stoned.😉

As for their electrical components i can't recommend them enough.

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Pay more attention to the pictures, thank you for your suggestion!

I

IamN2pot

Love my SF products!!! I have a SF 4x4 tent, SF2000 for veg (and vegetables), and SF4000 for flowering.
Room for improvements? Of course! As you can see in the pics, some of us like to grow taller, sativa and haze leaning plants, so a taller tent option would be nice. Also would be nice to have a kit to keep the walls from sucking in when there is any negative pressure from venting the tent, a "high CFM kit", included with every tent. Note the bamboo stakes holding the tent sides out inside my tent.
On the plus side, I really prefer the continuous 2 zipper door on my SF tent over the 2 piece connect to zip, zippers on the tall tent. They are a pain to connect, like a jacket zipper.

IMG 20220210 144105
IMG 20220210 144149
IMG 20220210 144220
Buddernugz

Buddernugz

I for one will never grow out side of a tent…….
1. I have cats and I can have all the air going in that tent filtered so I don’t get hair on my shit.
2. The smaller the space The easier it is to control the environment which plays a huge role after chop when you’re hang drying. Microtech is the perfect environment for hang dry it’s absence of light it’s a small space does not take a lot of electricity to keep it in an ideal environment for that 2 week dry.
3. Helps with light leaks.
4. You can’t beat the yield boost from the reflective walls, floors, ceiling….light bounces around a lot more.
5. Airflow tends to swirl in a tent which is ideal for monster plants.
6. The ability to move your drivers outside a tent helps control heat

OldManGrower

OldManGrower

Even beginner cannabis cultivators know plants need light, water, and nutritious soil to flourish. But what about a grow tent? Sure, these tents make indoor cultivation convenient, but do they qualify as a “necessity?”

While you could grow cannabis without a grow tent, it’s not the ideal scenario. Plants grown in high-quality indoor grow tents enjoy many advantages over their non-tented brethren. Indeed, weed that’s grown in a tent is so superior that many pro cultivators now consider indoor grow tents an essential piece of equipment.

Why Do Some Cultivators Doubt Indoor Grow Tents?

If weed grow tents are so beneficial, why do many new cultivators hesitate to buy one?

• Upfront Cost
Well, the most obvious issue most growers have is the upfront cost. If money is tight, you may feel like a grow tent is an “extra expenditure” that won’t significantly alter your yields. But the initial investment isn’t the only reason cultivators ask themselves, “Are grow tents worth it?”

• Space Limitation And Firmness
Another issue some cultivators have is they don’t feel they have enough space for a tent. People growing cannabis in cramped quarters often claim a grow tent won’t fit in their room. Many of these cultivators imagine indoor grow tents would be an encumbrance on their small-scale grow operations. Some cannabis growers have also raised concerns over whether weed grow tents could handle their lights, filters, and fans.

• Increase Light Efficiency?
Lastly, it’s common for new cultivators to be skeptical over just how much value tents could add to their ganja gardening. These critics often ask whether tents make a discernible difference in total cannabis yield. Some people have also questioned just how light-proof and smell-proof weed grow tents could be.

Weed Grow Tents Are A Necessity For Indoor Cultivation!

It’s understandable for new cannabis cultivators to question the many claims made about indoor grow tents. However, it’s crucial to recognize that the grow tents of today are more durable and easier to assemble than those of the past.
  • Multiple Size Design
As more people get curious about growing legal cannabis, companies design tents with weed in mind. You should have no issues finding a tent that fits even the tiniest of closets and handles the heaviest of lights.
  • Manage Your Grow Environment
Unquestionably, the most significant benefit of using an indoor grow tent is control. Well-threaded tents will help you adjust your grow space’s temperature, CO2 levels, and humidity with precision. Not only will these factors produce healthier plants, but they will also allow you to grow cannabis year-round rather than obstructed by seasons and weather.
  • Increased Light Intensity
Weed grow tents also have an interior reflective coating to maximize the intensity of your LED grow light – up to 25%! Nearly no light is supposed to leak out of the grow tent, which means more light and more food fed to plants. As a result, more yields are promised.

• Keep Pests out and odor inside
But it’s not just about controlling the interior environment that makes a grow tent valuable. Indeed, indoor grow tents are also great at keeping pests, mold, and pet hairs out of your grow space. Weed grow tents also significantly reduce the amount of light and odor that leaks out into your home. So, if you’re extra concerned about discretion, a grow tent is a must.

Grow Tents Are Always Worth It…If You’ve Got The Right Brand!

Of course, you won’t experience the full benefits of a grow tent if you purchase an inferior product. Just like shopping for LED grow lights, it’s essential to work with a brand that has a proven track record of producing superior indoor grow tents.
Thanks for the article. I have a grow tent in my garage and have used it for at least 5 grows. My first grow was without a tent and was a train wreck. Second one was with a tent I made from pvc pipe and some white sheets of plastics which improved slightly. I decided that spending some money on a 4 x 4 tent was well worth it for the reasons you mentioned.

Top Bottom